3mpire

Zen Moment

You know that moment when you turn away from the formation and start to track? Where you feel the lift as you flatten out and really start to haul ass? That's my zen moment. I recall that feeling when I'm feeling stressed and frustrated at work.

What's yours?

Right before I exit.

Normally, I'm a freeflyer packed in the back, somewhere just before the tandems. Even then, I love the couple of seconds we have to allow for exit separation before beginning to set up in the door.

But, just sometimes, I'll do a low pass just to enjoy the time before exit. The red light comes on, and I get to scoot up to the door, stick my face in the wind, look around, and really soak in the moment of what is about to come. I don't think the world can look any prettier than it does from the door of a jumpship.

That is IT. That is THE moment: it may be a great skydive, it may be a crappy skydive, it may be your last skydive. But in that moment, it is perfect.

Elvisio "funny how many times I've thought about it but not talked about it" Rodriguez

i've only got a couple of jumps under my belt but my free fall time is spent with me sweating my dive plan.

my moment of zen is when the chute bites and i look up and its there and square and its Absolutely quiet.

going from the chaos of the free fall to the silence of being under a chute, awesome !!

You know that moment when you turn away from the formation and start to track? Where you feel the lift as you flatten out and really start to haul ass? That's my zen moment. I recall that feeling when I'm feeling stressed and frustrated at work.

What's yours?

Any time I take a smooth, solid dock on a freefly jump, particularly of the track dive variety. :)

For me? It didn't happen until I took Brian Jermains canopy class.
Where he taught us that after the canopy opens up and is stable and the air is clear, to grab your rear risers and pick yourself up so you "sit" in your leg straps and to mentally prepare yourself for the task at hand which is to land safe and secure on target.

Thus for me, that moment of Zen, that moment where all the stress of the world evaporates is when I pull myself up and take a seat and look around of the wonders of the world.

Sadly that is gone when I'm about 150ft off the ground getting ready to figure out how to dial in my flare so as to not get hurt again. I'm sure once I have that figured out I could maybe "carry" that feeling all the way to the ground.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!