Stearny

Does watching youtube make you a better skydiver??

When I first started a guy named Don Henderson, RIP, took me under his wing. He was one of the original Arvin Good Guys, SCR-7. He had reels and reels of 8mm shot with a World War II gun camera. He spent hours working with me. He would run the film and have me lay on an ice chest. He would stop the film and tell me to “assume the position”. It turned out I was flying with my left leg about 6 to 8 inches lower than the right. He would take a broom handle and smack me in the shin until I put the leg in the right place. Damn that hurt but to this day my leg are within a gnats ass of each other.

Sparky

That reminds me of the Kickboxer movie with Van Damme, or Kill Bill Vol. 1 with Pai Mei. :D

He would take a broom handle and smack me in the shin until I put the leg in the right place.

Did you ever see that old cartoon poster back in the 70's that showed legions of sadistic, club wielding instructors shoving students off high platforms and yelling "Arch!" The caption read - "Beware of Drop Zones with Harsh Training Methods.":D:D

I wish I had a copy of that one. :)

Does watching youtube make you a better skydiver??

You tube is a joke, but after just 500 posts on DZ.com you'll be able to fly head down, turn 15 points in 4way and huck a 270 downwind to impress ALL of the girls.

Now get to posting!!!

Doug

Cool! ... so your saying if I post more, I can downsize again? B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Visualizing always helps, and if watching videos helps you do that, then maybe it has some effect.

Then again: You might just have talent!

;)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?