antibac

Repeat last AFF-level

Hi guys!

So, I passed all 7 AFF-levels a little over a month ago. I haven't been able to jump because of an injury that happened on my last landing which has prevented me from jumping the past 5 weeks. I think I might be able to get back up again within the next couple of weeks, but then it's going to be 6-8 weeks since my last jump. I remember most of what I've learned, I will definitely make sure I can go through some things again with an instructor, especially regarding landing. I was just wondering if you think it would be a good idea for me to maybe repeat my last level? Because my confidence is not really on top right now, and I'm a little nervous about jumping again. I don't have to repeat any levels, but maybe it would be a wise thing to do?

Share your opinions please!

I remember most of what I've learned....

Jumpers should receive refresher training appropriate for their skydiving history and time since their last skydive.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

As a student, after 30 days, you are uncurrent and require a recurrency skydive. Your instructors will decide what they want you to do specifically, but the recurrency requirements for a student are set forth in the SIM. At my DZ, for a self-supervised skydiver, we likely would send the jumper up with an AFFI on a CAT E/Level 7 repeat to assure that the student is able to recover stability in the event of loss of stability and is able to pull on his own. Every jump is a learning experience. Enjoy, and be safe!
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures