TikiMan

Most Exotic Place you've jumped?

Me, Donna Huminsky, Lou Jecker, and Jim Baron. Jumped into Dick Drost's Naked City, Indiana.
The naked city nationals or something like that. 50 naked ladies pranceing around the sun dial. 10000 google eyed freaks watching the show.

You mean this Dick Drost?

Sparky

http://www.nostatusquo.com/ACLU/NudistHallofShame/Drost.html
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Me, Donna Huminsky, Lou Jecker, and Jim Baron. Jumped into Dick Drost's Naked City, Indiana.
The naked city nationals or something like that. 50 naked ladies pranceing around the sun dial. 10000 google eyed freaks watching the show.

You mean this Dick Drost?

Sparky
http://www.nostatusquo.com/ACLU/NudistHallofShame/Drost.html

Yeah that looks like him. We did the dive in the 70's. I figured the guy was dead by now. He had juvenile MD and wasn't suppose to make it to 21. His folks were vitamin freaks, kept him alive. He spent his time sitting in front of TV. He noticed some commercials were cut off before they finished. He started writing letters to companies selling the info, so they got their monies worth. He got rich. In the nudist camp they had a building where people sat and stared at TV's all day, watching the commercials. He ran a bunch of those fake "nudist contests" that were stripper shows. Girl there told me that if she won a contest it upped her worth a bunch at the clubs. He also had a truckers resturant nest to the interstate that had topless waitresses. Big deal back then.
I shook the guys hand when we set up the demo and it was like he had no bones in his body.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Skydive Switzerland just outside Interlaken (during my 20 day backpack trip through Europe). I was fresh off of student status (jump 28). My briefing from the S&TA when I got there went something like this....

"Don't land East, Mountains = death"
"Don't land North, Powerlines and highway = death"
"Don't land South, ice cold glacier river = death"
"Have fun!"

I know it's not that exotic, but I am a good ole boy from Kansas.
Stearny

What!? No pictures!?
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Doesn't your gear get trashed?

Just thinking about the logistics of it ....

no TRASHED... but it will need a GOOD rinsing in clear water. Reason for which most people do the sea jumps with their "water" rigs.... (generally older ger who has lost most of its resalle value, but still in a more or less decent shape)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

What!? No pictures!?

There are probably a million of them. As everyone of those girls walked, strutted, giggled around the sun dial the click or shutters was deafening. There's a bunch more to the story, but its a there I was deal.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Exoitic as in not the usual place YES .....
Nice and warm... NO. -44.
The wind direction was from the south (it is always from the SOUTH no matter what)
The color of the bears is WHITE

Back in 2005 the quality of the cameras was not as they are today. Stills taken from miniDV tape. Camera lasted about 3 min before shutting down. Once landed, pocket camera I had inside the parka lasted about 4 min before shutting down. Fresh battery swap (from warm armpit) and lens refused to turn on and extend :)