weaverd

If you could buy a plane for your DZ......

The Kodiak is up to about $1.5 million for the jump package.
The wait time is very long for one.
It only takes 12 comfortably.

I went to the factory and looked a few over. They are pretty nice. A Caravan's little brother on steroids.

Very nice but I would still want an Otter. If I was being smart with the money it would be a caravan or a 750XL.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Do you think it's possible to use the bottom of the lower cargo extension as the floor of the cabin? That would be so nice, even if the door didn't extend down that far.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The Arava

I don't know how much it costs, but it was way fun. Fast to altitude, and the takeoff was breathtaking (mostly from Gs keeping me from breathing :P) Too bad the rear cargo couldn't be removed for flight to facilitate exit.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=74645;t=search_engine

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Do you think it's possible to use the bottom of the lower cargo extension as the floor of the cabin? That would be so nice, even if the door didn't extend down that far.

Pretty sure that's a negative. The cargo pod is a fiberglass attachment to the fuselage.

The Cargo pod adds quite a bit of drag and slows the climb rate quite a bit.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I don't know what it costs, but if I had my choice, it would be a CH-53. Holds something like 20 or 30 skydivers, and climbs to altitude FAST. As a bonus, you can operate it from almost any open field.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

I'd buy a one way ticket away from being involved with owning a DZ! Otherwise, you turn 2 million in to nothing in just a few yrs!

I'm with you on this one. That one-way ticket would be a non-stop to the private south Pacific island I just bought.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'd buy a one way ticket away from being involved with owning a DZ! Otherwise, you turn 2 million in to nothing in just a few yrs!

I'm with you on this one. That one-way ticket would be a non-stop to the private south Pacific island I just bought.

Don't forget the blender and gogo girls;)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.