michaelknote

Startskydiving Middletown Ohio., Taking pics

But the way they had it set up was impossible to even see the landing zone. They had all their rv's lined up directly in front of the drop area.

Yes, and the reason they do that is so that if a student is killed on landing, they can gather up the body and sneak it out of there so that nobody will know that the drop zone was responsible for it. All drop zones do this. We'd get a bad reputation if we actually let the public witness how often we kill students. Sheesh, we ain't dumb!

But the way they had it set up was impossible to even see the landing zone. They had all their rv's lined up directly in front of the drop area.

Yes, and the reason they do that is so that if a student is killed on landing, they can gather up the body and sneak it out of there so that nobody will know that the drop zone was responsible for it. All drop zones do this. We'd get a bad reputation if we actually let the public witness how often we kill students. Sheesh, we ain't dumb!

John is correct on this one. It is far easier to burn the student's paperwork, archive the video for later viewing by hardcore death-wishers at raucous skydiver parties, and slyly restrict a photographer's shot to behind carefully positioned RV's than it is to answer the accusations of negligent homicide.

If you don't believe John, take my word for it. If you don't trust me call John Hart. He owns the DZ and has a phone number. It's 513-422-JUMP (5867). I'm sure he will confirm the mass grave behind the hangar.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I call Bullshit...they do it so the blatant drug use and freaky sex that always goes on in a LZ is hidden from non-jumpers.

Just imagine how long the lines would be at manifest (no, the other kind) if everybody KNEW what really goes on?!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I call Bullshit...they do it so the blatant drug use and freaky sex that always goes on in a LZ is hidden from non-jumpers.

Just imagine how long the lines would be at manifest (no, the other kind) if everybody KNEW what really goes on?!

Hey, gotta keep the rif-raff in and keep the goodie too shoes out!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Sounds like the typical “entitlement generation” attitude, the rules don’t apply to me.[:/]

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Sounds like the typical “entitlement generation” attitude, the rules don’t apply to me

Ya think?

I fly airplanes on occasion.

I also hang around with jumpmasters all the time.

I know some FAA regulations

I personally have paid for some of my friends and family in the past

Then some guy walks up to me and tells me about parachutes how they are dangerous, and how I could get killed

Actually Michael, if one stands in the loading area, only the right third side is blocked by trailers and RVs. The landing area is in FULL view from most of the loading area. There is also the visitors area with picnic tables on the other side of the fence(to the left of the loading area) which is perfect for viewing landings. So, if your camera is as you say, then you should have absolutely no issues with being able to take photos without the need for special treatment. Lots of other photographers do it every day. Those RVs are placed where they are because that's where the power and water supplies are located.
Life expands or contracts in proportion to one's courage. ~Anais Nin

You have never been to START have you? They don't party there. All employees are drug tested. No one stays after jumping. Beer is a bad word and so is atheism. And when he is not incarcerated, Jon Hart gives morality lessons directly from God. This is not your father's DZ!

You have never been to START have you? They don't party there. All employees are drug tested. No one stays after jumping. Beer is a bad word and so is atheism. And when he is not incarcerated, Jon Hart gives morality lessons directly from God. This is not your father's DZ!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facetious

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey, give him a break, he's really, really old. It's not his fault he completely missed his own joke thrown back at him.

Funny as all hell, but not his fault. :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo