IronEddie42

Feedback on video?

http://youtu.be/CiU1tvjBp9Q?hd=1

Video of my AFF Category G1 jump.

Just wondering what you folks with a lot more jumps than me (I know - not hard to do) think ... things I did right, things I could improve on, etc.

Had a blast on this jump, but after watching the video, there are definitely places that I can improve - or at least I think so.

What do you guys/girls think?

http://youtu.be/CiU1tvjBp9Q?hd=1

Video of my AFF Category G1 jump.

Just wondering what you folks with a lot more jumps than me (I know - not hard to do) think ... things I did right, things I could improve on, etc.

Had a blast on this jump, but after watching the video, there are definitely places that I can improve - or at least I think so.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think... Read my signature tag-line ;)

Haha - well, I'm not going to treat it as law or anything like that ... just trying to gather as much information as possible, from as many sources as possible, and use that information to better my skydiving :)

looked good man, just remember to fly to the grips and resist reaching. other than little things, it looked great

Thanks! I felt as though it went really well - and after watching the video, I still feel that way, but you can see a couple of points where I'm a bit off balance - especially on the third dock attempt.

And as far as flying to the grips, I'm not quite sure what you mean - the coach (guy with the camera) and I discussed the jump on the ground and he told me to fly and grab his hands - said nothing about the grips ...

grip = grab without reaching after getting on level with your instructor and then driving forward to the Instructor/Coach to take grips.

Ah - so basically, fly stable until we're able to grip each other without reaching out and (I guess) pulling myself towards him?

Makes sense ... and thank you!

*edit*
After re-watching the video - it looks like I do reach out a bit on the last grip ... but the first grip looks pretty good - my arms stay out in the "neutral" position until our hands grab on to each other ... do you agree or am I missing something?