kawisixer01

Bonehead Mamba owners watch out!

I have been jumping a mamba for some time. Someone hit me in the head on a freefly jump the other day and I came out of it ok (luckily...the other guys on the jump thought I would be knocked out), but my audible did not. Upon closer examination, I had never noticed that the face shield hinge bolt is in the same place as the audible pocket. The hinge bolt and nut had been pushed into the screen and shattered it. I wear mine with the screen out so that the speaker is facing my ear. Just a watch out. B|

Um I didn't know I was "bitching" by pointing out a small downfall to the helmet and trying to help my fellow skydivers from having the same thing happen by suggesting they take a look at it and modify their helmet. How nice of an overzealous ass like you to overstate what I wrote and put the wrong tone into my post though. You know it's asshats like you that prevent the free exchange of information because people are afraid of some dick like you putting words in their mouth and overstating things. If I was trying to bash on the helmet or complain I would have done just that. I'm more than happy with the level of protection my helmet has given my head. Just thought I would point out a small thing that was missed when the helmet was designed and try to save someone else from wrecking an audible. Something that helmet maker themselves realized and changed the design in on later models. Thanks for your wise and constructive input to the thread though. >:(

Glad you're safe and all you lost was the audible!

I can see where The Don is coming from since I came in to the thread with a negative tone. That's just how you had the thread title worded though. If you had put a more positive spin on it such as; Just a friendly heads up for Bonehead Mamba owners!

I'll leave it at that since you decided to take down your last post. :)

Sounds like the helmet did a great job of saving your head/ass.

And/or his audible did a great job saving him from his helmet... Most helmets out there don't have "structural" padding so protrusions like hinge bolts will go right into the side of your head if you take a big enough bump.

To the OP: if it's an L&B audible, write them and tell them what happened, they might replace it for you, they're awesome like that. Also, if I remember correctly, the Mamba is the style helmet where the whole side pad comes out, you put the audible in it, and then put the whole pad back. I would double check with someone that you are orienting and positioning the side pad correctly when you put it back, that may be part of the problem.

You have an XL Mamba don't ya? I posted about this a couple years ago (the audible). Turn it. Let the back get scratched up. It is plenty load so it won't make a difference in hearing it trust me.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Sounds like the helmet did a great job of saving your head/ass. You're going bitch about an audible getting broke?

Your priorities are out of whack.

The issue at hand hear is not whether or not the helmet protected his head, its about warning other owners of the potential broken audible.
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

You are correct, see post #4.

ok just think before you post please, i dont want newer jumpers to miss the point of a post
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Sounds like the helmet did a great job of saving your head/ass. You're going bitch about an audible getting broke?

What the hell are you talking about? :D

His head almost got impaled by a bolt if not for the audible..

It seems that it's either only good or nothing about products here or else there's some weird rage...

Biased and untruthful forum as always :D
"All limits are self imposed." Icarus

ok just think before you post please, i dont want newer jumpers to miss the point of a post

Bwaaaaaa..... :o I just spewed coffee all over my monitor here on that one! :P

Rock on Petejones. Rock on! ;)

Thank you for seeing that the intention of the first post was about the audible being smashed