Roderick

non-uspa dropzones

Holy shit. $15 jump tickets to 13.5k?:o Or have they not updated their site in about 12 years or so? No wonder why people love California!!B|

I know of a DZ on the east cost that charges $27 for 13.5k and been wanting to check it out the vibe but its slightly far and rather pricey(might be the most expensive in the U.S) but damn I've gotta get out to the West Coast!

My DZ's 5k cost more than full altitude out there 27%
more to be exact....

edit to add seems that its your home DZ! oops lol
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

was wondering if anyone could lead me in the derection of a list of dropzones that are non-uspa so i can start jumping.only 16 yrs old and after 7 hours of tunnel time im ready for full altitude :)

USPA Group Member Dropzones are allowed by USPA to jump 16 year-olds. Don't know why you think otherwise.

Each dropzone is an independent business and may set their age limit higher. Most dropzones set their minimum age at the age of legal majority for the state they are in which is 18 in most, but not all, states. It is 19 in Alabama, for instance.

West Tennessee Skydiving will let you jump at 16, Tandem or AFF, with fully rated USPA Instructors and whether we are a Group Member Dropzone is irrelevant to this discussion.

See http://www.SkydiveKingAir.com

Mike Mullins

Tandem at 16? Really? Forget about the USPA GM stuff. The manufacturers have made it pretty clear that 18 is the legal age to do tandems

A lot of it can depend on the state you live in Some will allow a parent or guardian to sign for a minor, and in others, they cannot.

That doesn't mean you can't jump in those states. It just means that the DZO will have to assume any liability that their waiver was covering them for.

was wondering if anyone could lead me in the derection of a list of dropzones that are non-uspa so i can start jumping.only 16 yrs old and after 7 hours of tunnel time im ready for full altitude :)

USPA Group Member Dropzones are allowed by USPA to jump 16 year-olds. Don't know why you think otherwise.

Each dropzone is an independent business and may set their age limit higher. Most dropzones set their minimum age at the age of legal majority for the state they are in which is 18 in most, but not all, states. It is 19 in Alabama, for instance.

West Tennessee Skydiving will let you jump at 16, Tandem or AFF, with fully rated USPA Instructors and whether we are a Group Member Dropzone is irrelevant to this discussion.

See http://www.SkydiveKingAir.com

Mike Mullins

Tandem at 16? Really? Forget about the USPA GM stuff. The manufacturers have made it pretty clear that 18 is the legal age to do tandems

Yes, Really. There is a USPA BSR that USPA TI's must comply with the tandem rig manufactuers age requirement. We completley comply, we have Tandem Rigs that do not have any age requirements on them. We are totally USPA legal, FAA legal, and rig manufacturer legal.
Mike Mullins

Yes, Really. There is a USPA BSR that USPA TI's must comply with the tandem rig manufactuers age requirement. We completley comply, we have Tandem Rigs that do not have any age requirements on them. We are totally USPA legal, FAA legal, and rig manufacturer legal.
Mike Mullins

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering about that.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm a complete newbie, but I believe that you're allowed to jump at 16. There is a section in the (SIM) Skydiver's Information Manual, Section: 2-1.D.1.b, that says, "16 years of age with notarized parental or guardian consent", under the 'Age Requirements' section.

So, I believe that you can jump with a USPA accepted drop zone, and would probably be a bit more safe in doing so?

Anyway, if you want some more info about where I am getting this from, then let me know, and I would be happy to give you more info. Check out the USPA website though, to make sure that all of this is correct, alright. Welcome, and take care.
Life's not permanent, don't take it too seriously! :-)

What makes you think a USPA Group Member DZ is "safer" than a non group member DZ?
I have jumped at group member DZs that break BSRs and non-member DZs that strictly enforce all of the BSRs. Group Membership in USPA has very little to do with overall safety IMO.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Well I stand corrected then. Great place you have there. Wish I could come back to jump!

Well, Rondork, quit supporting that sLyride DZ that you so diligently support and you could go to really cool dropzones like Mike's!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org