Roderick

non-uspa dropzones

Don't know what happened to our posts, but if your parents are on board, go for it. Just curious why you need a non-uspa dz.

I have personally taken my nephew, age 16 (with a signed consent) to make his first jump and paid for it myself.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

was wondering if anyone could lead me in the derection of a list of dropzones that are non-uspa so i can start jumping.only 16 yrs old and after 7 hours of tunnel time im ready for full altitude :)

USPA Group Member Dropzones are allowed by USPA to jump 16 year-olds. Don't know why you think otherwise.

Each dropzone is an independent business and may set their age limit higher. Most dropzones set their minimum age at the age of legal majority for the state they are in which is 18 in most, but not all, states. It is 19 in Alabama, for instance.

West Tennessee Skydiving will let you jump at 16, Tandem or AFF, with fully rated USPA Instructors and whether we are a Group Member Dropzone is irrelevant to this discussion.

See http://www.SkydiveKingAir.com

Mike Mullins

oh okay, thank you for explaining that to me.any reason as to why they set there age limit at 18?

Because you have to be a "legal adult" in order to have the waiver be legally enforcable. Your parents can give permission for you to jump but they cannot waive your rights for you, and you cannot do it for yourself because you aren't an adult.

That leaves the DZ dangerously exposed from a legal standpoint.

A few (very few) take that risk and allow minors to jump. But most don't, USPA or non.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo