firematic47

Picking a place to earn my solo license

Hello,
I am somewhat new to sky diving. I have done two tandem jumps with funskydiving in danielson, ct. I would like to progress and earn my A license but cannot decide on the danielson dropzone or the ct parachutist in Ellington, ct. Both offer the class around the same price and both are equal distances from my home. What are some other things to look for in decided which one to use?
Thank you

Hey i'm a CPI jumper and while i haven't been to danielson, i would recommend CPI as a DZ for AFF.great instructors, really friendly vibe, twin otter, great times to be had at the bonfire.

But if anything, check them both out, talk to the instructors and see what you like better.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Are both larger DZ's? Is one smaller than the other. Some people like the personal feel of a smaller dz while some people like the facilities that a larger dz can provide. If any of that matters to you take it into account. Good luck with your AFF!
Wait , I pull what first?

I do not know the different between these zones?

Would you feel more comfortable jumping ( learning ) from a large plane, with a big doorway to jump from ?...( I would )....Or would you be more comfortable jumping out of a four person plane that you need to crawl out of ? Once you learn, all planes are fun, and all drop zones ( the place you jump at ) are fun.....B|

Life is short ... jump often.

thanks for the advice everyone! One thing that I am getting mized answers on are the amount of time you have to do a recurrency jump to maintain your A license. I've been told 30, 60 and 90 days. Which is the correct answer? Also, how does that effect new england residents? I have never jumped in the colder months but I'd imagine its not fun.

thanks for the advice everyone! One thing that I am getting mized answers on are the amount of time you have to do a recurrency jump to maintain your A license. I've been told 30, 60 and 90 days. Which is the correct answer? Also, how does that effect new england residents? I have never jumped in the colder months but I'd imagine its not fun.

You need to jump every 30 days as a student to maintain currency. Every 60 days for an A licensed skydiver. I don't mind jumping all winter (every jump is fun even when it is cold) but Virginia is not New England so I'll let somebody more local give more details about that.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Skydivect is open year round but we only use a cessna in the winter because our otter goes back at the end of October. However if you are still on student status during the winter it might be harder to get jumps into get your license because instructors usually like to take the winter off. But as long as the weather cooperates you should be able to get your license before that.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!