popsjumper

Looking For Best No Dogs, No Kids DZ

Well, so far...

Elsinore 3
World 0
(Sorry, Piisfish...dogs and kids are enough but to throw wives in on top of it??????? *shudder*)

Am I hosed with only 1 choice?
Nothing else out there?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well, so far...

Elsinore 3
World 0
(Sorry, Piisfish...dogs and kids are enough but to throw wives in on top of it??????? *shudder*)

Am I hosed with only 1 choice?
Nothing else out there?

Ft. Benning...:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ft. Benning...:P

BTDT - 1969, C-1-1
8 weeks of fun playing in the sand.

We did have some dogs DIs.
We did have some kids (I wanna go home! I want my Mommy)
And I swear we had at least 1 "wife". He/she made it through, though.

sign at the driveway into The ranch in gardiner NY says..

"no dogs, No exceptions"

i seldom see kids there... although SOME of the " grown-ups" CAN be counted on to ACT like kids,,,, once in a while.....yours truly, included...

The Ranch has a helluva student AFF and novice training program... might be tough to break into the ranks of the instructors, there.... but still worth a visit...

jimmy

sign at the driveway into The ranch in gardiner NY says..

"no dogs, No exceptions"

i seldom see kids there... although SOME of the " grown-ups" CAN be counted on to ACT like kids,,,, once in a while.....yours truly, included...

The Ranch has a helluva student AFF and novice training program... might be tough to break into the ranks of the instructors, there.... but still worth a visit...

jimmy

+1
Don't know that you could live on site though.

What's wrong with kids on the DZ, as long as their parents control them?

We have a lot of kids at our DZ. They're really not a problem. :)

I was visiting another DZ once...I turned my back, three year old picked up my camera helmet out of my bag. Friend yelled at me, I yelled at the kid, and took it from him before it was dropped. Dad yelled at me for yelling at his kid, I informed him of the pricetag of what his little snowflake just had in his hand. He walked off.

answer - nothing as long as you keep them on a leashB|

What's wrong with kids on the DZ, as long as their parents control them?

We have a lot of kids at our DZ. They're really not a problem. :)

I was visiting another DZ once...I turned my back, three year old picked up my camera helmet out of my bag. Friend yelled at me, I yelled at the kid, and took it from him before it was dropped. Dad yelled at me for yelling at his kid, I informed him of the pricetag of what his little snowflake just had in his hand. He walked off.

answer - nothing as long as you keep them on a leashB|

yea I found a small child locked in my friend's tent one boogie (coincidentally at the farm). The kid had opened the tent crawled inside, closed the tent, and couldnt figure out how to open it again. So he decided to amuse himself by playing with my friend's stuff..... not all kids are DZ friendly.

The "regular kids" at the dropzone have to be trained how to act and what not to touch or step on, just as children have to be trained how to behave in any environment. It didn't take long for our kids to learn to "step over the lines, never on them." It's the whuffo kids that are usually problems. :D

The "regular kids" at the dropzone have to be trained how to act and what not to touch or step on, just as children have to be trained how to behave in any environment. It didn't take long for our kids to learn to "step over the lines, never on them." It's the whuffo kids that are usually problems. :D

Oh I know. It was a whuffo kid.

I like the way SkyDance does it. Dogs are not allowed in the main DZ area where people dirt dive and pack (but they're allowed in the parking/camping areas so long as they're leashed/supervised). There were lots of dogs around for the boogie this weekend but I don't recall any issues with them at all (save for the one who ran off when people started setting of firecrackers - he hadn't turned up as of the next morning... hopefully his owner will find him soon :().

Same with kids - there were quite a few around, but all were well-supervised. Since it was a boogie weekend, there were more children of skydivers than children of tandems/spectators, so maybe that's why they were relatively unobtrusive, since they had parents keeping an eye on them who knew how important it was to keep them out from underfoot and that they needed to stop playing with the creepers and clear the creeper pad during dirt dives. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Try Skydive Iowa. ;) (tic)

The only thing I saw on their website about dogs/kids was buried in the forums that dogs must be on a leash.

Kids?

Work opportunities look slim to none with all the goof staff already there.
[:/]