popsjumper

Looking For Best No Dogs, No Kids DZ

What's wrong with kids on the DZ, as long as their parents control them?

You do know that you answered your own question, right?
:P

Skydivers supervising their kids?
:D:D:D

In all fairness there are some out there, yes.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

sign at the driveway into The ranch in gardiner NY says..

"no dogs, No exceptions"

i seldom see kids there... although SOME of the " grown-ups" CAN be counted on to ACT like kids,,,, once in a while.....yours truly, included...

The Ranch has a helluva student AFF and novice training program... might be tough to break into the ranks of the instructors, there.... but still worth a visit...

jimmy

Isn't that where Shah jumps? I think he's safer with the dogs & kids:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

yea I found a small child locked in my friend's tent one boogie (coincidentally at the farm). The kid had opened the tent crawled inside, closed the tent, and couldnt figure out how to open it again. So he decided to amuse himself by playing with my friend's stuff..... not all kids are DZ friendly.

"Is that your tent?"

YES!

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

...where I could live, work and play.

Hi Pops

DZ policy's change over time. I wonder if elsinor or any other DZ tells their tandem sydivers ($$$) to leave their kids homes, and then send them home when they show up with the kid in tow.:S

Don't quit your real job, until you check out the DZ's personally. The stuff I'm reading in this thread about a certain DZ in Wa state is BS. :(

Don't know what it is about wuffo kids and camera's:S.

Witnessed a nice guy at the DZ in Wa state get really pissed off and went after a wuffo rug rat for messing with his camera stuff.>:(

Had to tell the dude to settle down and get the DZO and let her take care of the problem caused by one of her customers.;)

Might need a new paragraph on waivers. "Parents are responsible for all damages cause by the kids on DZ property.B|

Warning: don't mess with wuffo kids thats a dzo issue he/she can
One Jump Wonder

Looking For Best No Dogs, No Kids DZ

Just thought about it again... If the DZ doesn't allow kids and dogs, do you really think that YOU will be welcome ?? :D:D

Well, I do find a toilet when I have to shit. Does that count?
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Consider Skydive Carolina, just south of Charlotte. Good facility and people. Close enough for you to check out. (It's not my home dz, but I really enjoy visiting there.)

BTW, I love dogs, but understand why you might not like them loose in the packing and landing areas.

Skydive Orange - no dogs or kids allowed.

Very much not true with regards to dogs, although they are expected to be on leash. Kids are discouraged, but not banned.

How many of the people need to be kept on a leash there??

Very much not true with regards to dogs, although they are expected to be on leash. Kids are discouraged, but not banned.

Probably most of us. Leashes are not supplied, though, so you have to bring your own.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Probably most of us. Leashes are not supplied, though, so you have to bring your own.

I have a few,,,,;)

I only bring it up because of some of the boogies I have attended where the Orange Contingent was in da house:ph34r:

Best sign I ever saw at a DZ...and it was at check in where experienced as well as first time skydivers could see it...

"All unattended children will be sold as slaves".

Add dogs to that and it would be fair warning, I think.

Another sign, something like: "Dogs not on leashes will be BBQ'd" might be good.