Mothra

How come everyone keeps asking me to buy beer?

Hello jumpers. New gal here, trying to learn the seemingly whacko traditions involved in skydiving. You have graciously explained to me the hand jive stuff everyone does before exit. So next I'm curious about why everyone keeps asking me to buy cases of beer - what's with that?

Startin' to sound a bit trollish. Ever thought about asking someone when they tell you that?

She could always pay with boobies rather than beer. I am sure that is acceptable.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Startin' to sound a bit trollish. Ever thought about asking someone when they tell you that?

She could always pay with boobies rather than beer. I am sure that is acceptable.

Come on now let's be civilized, everyone knows boobies are for extra altitude

Yea I've actually been told boobies dont pay beer debts. sad but true.

Hello jumpers. New gal here, trying to learn the seemingly whacko traditions involved in skydiving. You have graciously explained to me the hand jive stuff everyone does before exit. So next I'm curious about why everyone keeps asking me to buy cases of beer - what's with that?

http://www.skydiving.org.vt.edu/...ff/beer.htm#menu_top
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

If there nice enough, I'll buy the damn beer in exchange for the extra freefall!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

It's simply traditions..

In a society (or subsocieties or subcultures or whatever you're into, like skydiving) most of the time you adhere to the traditions..

Buying a case of beer when celebrating lets say your first 100th jump or first cutaway or whatever they all can think of..
"All limits are self imposed." Icarus

>Oh and dont dare bring cheap shit beer,

Well, anyone who owes beer should buy beer THEY like*. They're buying it after all. If they like Coors Light, buy Coors Light. If they like green bottles (shudder) buy green bottles. If they like Stone Arrogant Bastard, buy a case of that. If they don't drink, buy a case of O'Doul's or soda. Someone will drink it.

(* - one should not use this as an excuse to buy really cheap crap that you wouldn't touch, because if no one drinks cheap crap, you may end up having to drink it yourself!)

Oh my. Hand jive. Beer. Boobies. What have I gotten myself into? What else should I be on the lookout for?

Let's see now...there's kiss passes, rodeo dives, packing lessons, night jumps, getting pied....

Oh my. Hand jive. Beer. Boobies. What have I gotten myself into? What else should I be on the lookout for?

Let's see now...there's kiss passes, rodeo dives, packing lessons, night jumps, getting pied....

Don't forget Safety Meetings !!! :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Is that you John?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING