nigel99

Benefits of a low wingloading

For me, the benefit of the lower wing loading is that things happen slowly enough for me to be able to adjust when necessary.

Not all of us are with the reaction of a gramps ;)

Hey I was going to say that:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

dayum, can you let us know where you jump?
seems like an unsafe place to me!

He's talking about a span of 20 years, and you don't know what the volume of jumps are that have been made during that long time period. Therefore it's not justified to call it "an unsafe place". The fact is, every drop zone is an unsafe place - accidents happen everywhere, even where the general dropzone atmosphere is safety conscious.

Seems to me like you guys suck at CP... hard..

Where I jump, there's no crap like that and there's plenty of people who do stuff not according to the american rules..

Since you are ashamed to identify yourself or where you jump I’m calling bullshit.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Not all of us are with the reaction of a gramps Wink

You, sir, remind me of Sangi. Same manner of talking in dz.com. Ironic, somehow you both have same home dz...

they have a high average of "mad skillz"-jumpers!? :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This isn't a benefit of low wingloading, it's pure luck. People have died doing this even with low wingloading.

I think you missed his point. Pretty sure the OP was saying that for any given mistake, a lower wing loading typically results in less severe consequences.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I think you missed his point. Pretty sure the OP was saying that for any given mistake, a lower wing loading typically results in less severe consequences.

And that is just stating the obvious..

Kinda like a car has 4 wheels.. Pretty pointless, unless you have the IQ of a monkey.. ;)
"All limits are self imposed." Icarus

And that is just stating the obvious..

Kinda like a car has 4 wheels.. Pretty pointless, unless you have the IQ of a monkey.. ;)

It might be obvious to a genius sky god like you, but maybe not so obvious to the noobs.

Now go drink a bottle of Getoveryourself.:o:D
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

This isn't a benefit of low wingloading, it's pure luck. People have died doing this even with low wingloading.

See post #15 for more clarification.
Blue skies!

Precisely.

It is also the nature of stories on the internet that the "oh shit" stories get a lot of airtime, and the incidents that people walk away from get little to no airtime. Over time a picture emerges where nobody actually gets to see the benefit of being conservative.

PS I did see post 15 and realise the clarification that was made.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

>So it means we DO have to jump large parachutes

Again, no. You're having an argument in your head with an imaginary person. No one here suggested that.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR EVENTUAL MISTAKE MORE SURVIVABLE you should be jumping a larger parachute. For you, the increased risk of a fatal (or crippling) accident may be worth it. Just be willing to accept it if it happens to you.

For you, the increased risk of a fatal (or crippling) accident may be worth it. Just be willing to accept it if it happens to you.

Oh yes I'm willing.

The majority here is not and you're trying to enforce your own fears onto others, which I do not like ;)
"All limits are self imposed." Icarus

>Oh yes I'm willing.

Then don't put others at risk and we're good.

>The majority here is not and you're trying to enforce your own fears onto others . . .

?? If you're afraid, that's not my doing. Yes, you can die doing this; I've watched people far better than you die when they wrote checks their skills couldn't cash. Again, if you are OK with that risk, and you don't put anyone _else_ at risk, go for it.

If you don't like them apples, then think about why you don't before you find yourself in a situation you were not prepared for.

>Oh yes I'm willing.

Then don't put others at risk and we're good.....Again, if you are OK with that risk, and you don't put anyone _else_ at risk, go for it.

I'm thinking of the bigger picture here, Bill. His actions, resulting in only his own problems, affects our entire sport

Entirely selfish and unthinking people can ruin it for all of us.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

For you, the increased risk of a fatal (or crippling) accident may be worth it. Just be willing to accept it if it happens to you.

Oh yes I'm willing.

Then could you do it using some other sport or activity?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm thinking of the bigger picture here, Bill. His actions, resulting in only his own problems, affects our entire sport

I never knew I was such an important person...

Cool! B|

Only in your own mind. Your posts read like a kid yelling at the dark trying to convince the boogey man he’s not afraid of the night.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

where its safe

Safety and skydiving, this always makes me laugh hard inside :D

When will people realize that if you truly want to be safe you should go bowling and even then you can have traumas :D

P.S. I don't have anything against people who chose to do one over the other, it's your free choice, but again I'm not cool with the nazi rule enforcers :)

I'm going to guess your wing loading is above 1:1 LOL