blue24

How long...Packing?

I timed my packing when I was doing AFF, I could pack a old 210 in 8min, some student could even pack with in 5 min, and, we jump our own pack job, from 1st AFF.
How good, how safe, how fast are all depend on how many time you practice.
I just spent whole day today in dropzone to practice packing my crispy new canopy.

20-25 min is normal for me. 15 would be really fast. It probably takes me 5 minutes just to set the brakes, stow the excess line, uncollapse the slider and untwist the PC bridle. 210 Ft^2
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It takes me 5-10 mins to pack. I propack my Pulse 150. I used to have a lot of gear fear when I started packing and the two cutaways early on didn't help either. So I devoted myself to learning to pack by becoming a packer. Now I've got the muscle memory to do the rest.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

Crossfire 2 129: Between 5mins when in a real hurry to ~8 to 10 mins with more care. Last jump of the day with this rig takes a little longer (inspection for wear & tear etc)
Tandem (EZ 384) - 15 to 20 mins, side pack. Tandem is taking responsibility for 2 people's lives so I pack very carefully. Have learned some shortcuts that don't tamper with safety already, but don't think it will be much faster than 13-15 mins on an average base. Last packjob of the day is much longer, checking wear & tear, especially drogue and bridle, attaching new spare rubber bands etc.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Sweating most of all seems to be mother nature's gift :S
I also sweat very easily and thus I happily pack at 20 °C (68 °F) but earn comments like "Woah, you're thawing?" at 25+ °C (77 °F); always got to take care I don't soak the fabric with those salty drips >:(
Could never get used to permanently live in warm and damp areas such as Mississippi or Louisiana or Malaysia... B|

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Pilot 150 - about 10 mins under normal packing, 6-7 mins when rushing.

Like someone else mentioned. I don't bother flaking any more either. Just make sure nothing looks out of place, all the stabilisers are clear, give it a good shake then start wrapping it up. Had 1 hard opening in the last several hundred.

Check my kit at the start of each jumping day, and after the last jump of the day. Usually.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

tandem takes me forever, 5 min to get the d-bag into the main tray, than 4 min to close and cock the drogue and pack the drogue.

Man, you really should speed that shit up.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message