blue24

How long...Packing?

for me a "normal-quick" packjob is around 8 minutes on my Safire2 139 or Neos 109

Sometimes longer if I don't feel like it.

Can be faster if I need to.

When I was around your jump number it was maybe 15-20 minutes on Sihouette 190/Navigator210
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

A little over 10 minutes, last one of the day I take a bit longer and check everything carefully.

New Zpo 210.

The slowest~ Sport 260 with rings and ropes, took about 30 minutes.

The fastest~ Unit 3 freepacked with a frap-strap, took about 3 minutes.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Depends. With all the RDS bells and whsitles I do it in about 12 minutes.
With everything normal about 8.
If I am in a rush, I can do it in 5-6, but that is a shake, put it on the floor, cock it, locking stows and the coil of death.

- Velo 103
-Opens fine.

I pack like old people fuck. Slow and not very well.

How long does it take you to do a good, safe, packing after a jump? For those of you who do your own pack job?

And what canopy do you pack & what size?

7 minutes (that allows enough time to replace a worn/broken tube stow or two and I still neatly flake the canopy between line groups).

Samurai 105, Stiletto 120, Monarch 135, Fox 245 in my Javelin J-7 for classic accuracy.

To build on the discussion how often do you guys check your gear for wear?

I always look at the visible stitching, toggles, risers, closing loop and lines while packing, though it may not look like I do.

I untwist my brake lines either every day, or every other (once or twice a weekend)

None of the preventative stuff takes long to do, and it's a lot better than airing out my reserve (don't want to have to pay for my repack and the booze :$)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Last pack-job of the day...every time.

That way if there is a problem I can't fix I just drop it off for the 'Riglet for Funds' Fairies to Fix. . .:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Last pack-job of the day...every time.

That way if there is a problem I can't fix I just drop it off for the 'Riglet for Funds' Fairies to Fix. . .:ph34r:

Reminds me of that line that I can't seem to find, goes similar to:

You won't have to worry about being fat, having alcohol problems or STD's as a rigger... by the time you're done with the repacks/repairs for the night, all the food is eaten, beer has been drunk and the women have been taken care of.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Probably 25-30 minutes for me at this point. Most of that is trying to make a "neatish" cocoon, and then destroying all that effort trying to man handle the beast into the bag.

Also, if any one knows what the secret is for having your line stows look all neat and even and just perfectly arranged without twists or stray loops and with perfect rubber band double loops that lay down right on top of each other, please PM me the recipe. (I've paid my dues, so please now let me in on it. I promise not to reveal it to anyone with under 50 jumps. Please?)

Do as I say, not as I do.
Some of us have to learn the hard way.

But, since the day I landed and found that I didn't have a d-bag and PC still attached, I'm much more conscientious about it....once a month or so depending on jump frequency.

It wasn't funny then but it is now....me turning in circles, checking the ground, digging into the canopy looking for them and not figuring out why I couldn't find them until.......DING!.......the light came on.
*headslap*
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

.... if any one knows what the secret is

Geez, Peter. Just ask when you get here. I'll let the cat out of the bag.

That should make enough room to get the canopy IN the bag!:D

Do as I say, not as I do.
Some of us have to learn the hard way.

But, since the day I landed and found that I didn't have a d-bag and PC still attached, I'm much more conscientious about it....once a month or so depending on jump frequency.

It wasn't funny then but it is now....me turning in circles, checking the ground, digging into the canopy looking for them and not figuring out why I couldn't find them until.......DING!.......the light came on.
*headslap*
:D:D

You told me that story while we were cleaning crap off a cutaway cable that hadn't been cleaned since you and Twardo were kids:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

5 minutes if im in a hurry (assuming i stow my toggles right after i land), i dont flake any more. i grab a's and b's in one hand, c's and d's in there other, and give it a good shake. my openings have been alot better and consistent doing it this way. canopy is a safire 2 119