d123

Wrap lock

Brand new troll 265 w/ a sail slider off some <150 stilleto. Normal skydivng pack job, 2 second delay from 5k. Could copy and paste a lot/most of DougH's anecdote after that.

After it happened twice in a row i quit F'ing with the nose.
The future belongs to those of us still willing to get our hands dirty.

Sparky, don't be so smug!:S

Do you realize you with a cessna the planes jump run speed can be signficantly slower.

And yes these deployments started with a typical subterminal deployment behind me and into the relative wind and then ended up over head streamering with the exact configuration above me that I described earlier as I came off the hill.

I was under the canopies.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I still have a hard time believing that the "line of resistence" - which is the part that's being roled - has spo much resistence compared with the drag force generated by the entire cocoon material in 200 km/h blust of air. Holding the rig on the ground and pulling by the bridal connection it takes less than 7 pounds of force to break the "line of resistance". For me the drag force - on terminal as it allegedly happen - must ne higher (or maybe my expectations are wrong) and I think it should stand you up. I've started my measurings but I haven't jump yet.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

Does it really exit? I mean using your regular pro-packing quality that you find at each DZ professionals packers, is it really possible to create a wrap lock?

I made a jump last weekend (Sabre II 190 WL=1.1). Terminal opening, got sat up, grabbed risers and looked up. I saw my canopy still in it's roll (wrap lock I guess we are calling it now). It was locked for a second or two then had a very nice soft opening. It wasn't enough to make me want to cut away, but a few more seconds and that canopy was gone. I read this post a couple of weeks ago. First thing I thought when I landed was I needed to respond! It was packed by a packer so I don't know how many times they rolled.

Stearny
Stearny