DontfallOff

Best Short Runway Jump Plane

Jet Ranger? +1 :)
It'd be a great solution for a while :)

A worked 182 or 206 could be a lot cheaper and still keep the air strip open long term, although if we are spending the money on upgrading our 182 already, it makes sense to invest the money in an air frame that could grow with the club... so many choices! At least a lot of them are looking like good choices though now :)

the idea of adding some runway to the other end has been considered, but there are powerlines at that end of the runway that need to be avoided

It might sound ridiculous, but maybe you can just plan on going under the power lines (if they're tall enough) before taking off. If the lines are not tall enough, or are somewhat minor power lines anyway, perhaps paying to have them buried is viable.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I think the schedule is first to have the end of the runway cut short.

If that does go ahead we will need a means of operating while secondary plans are implemented.

A STOL plane of some kind (or chopper) would allow us to operate from the same location while things like moving roads, powerlines, moving the DZ etc are implemented.

Ideally we would go on operating from the same location with no change, but if we do have to change, an aircraft with a shorter runway requirement would be a nice interim solution that works for everybody.

I'm sure there will be a lot more info coming onto the site in the next couple of weeks. The entire situation has remained very low profile so far, but this company is a large multinational and they havent played fair up to now...

Sounds like everyone loves the Porter :)

There aren't many of those here in Australia - its a short dirt runway that we may lose more of because a mining company is trying to cut our operating space short so they can expand their rail operations.

The existing runway is 1200m of hard packed gravel, this is likely to be shortened significantly.

We need a plane that will let us work with a shortened runway or else we may have to close one of the best and oldest DZs in the country :(

The Helio looks good as well, what are they like to jump from?

Hendrik, Give Johnny Mac a call in Picton and ask him about his Beaver?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?