Casch

"A" License Test

Dunno if it will help but you can find a copy of the "A" license exam at www.apf.asn.au Go to "Administration" and then "Constitution and rules" Scroll down and you will see "sample "A" license exam". This is the Australian Parachute Federation but hopefully it will be basically the same thing and will give you some idea as to what to expect.

Forgive me for not being clicky I'm no whizz on the nerd machine.

Play safe
Clint

The A license exam is an oral exam given to you by an instructor. The questions are drawn from the questions listed at the end of each student section in the SIM, (Cat A,B,C etc). USPA is no longer accepting the old A license written exams.

John Wright
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

If I recall correctly, I took a verbal test, not a written one. Anyway, if you remember what you learned in AFF, and look through the SIM, you should do fine.
Good luck!!

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!

I remember when I took the test... it was written... I didnt pass the first time, but then I learned a nice little acronym to help me:):) boogie down disco boogie down disco cee abba.....cant remember the rest its been a while:)!
fortunately I have a copy of the sims now and when I took my b and c test they were legit!:)

-yoshi

The A license exam is an oral exam given to you by an instructor. The questions are drawn from the questions listed at the end of each student section in the SIM, (Cat A,B,C etc). USPA is no longer accepting the old A license written exams.

John Wright

Maybe things have changed in the last 7 months or maybe it was just my drop zone. But I had to take a written test for my "A". But the test I took wasn't very difficult at all if you've read some if not all of the USPA SIM.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

the A livense is a Oral exam. you have you proficancy card (the little yellow card). and you get signed off on stuff, and the oral exam would be one of them

some dz's may still use the regualar exam to give the test, then just sign off on that they gave a oral exam, even though it was the written maybe.

later

The oral exam sounds like a more practical approach. A good instructor will do a better job of getting an idea of competency than some of these written exams will show. Having said that, I don't know what the oral exam requirements are, since there was a written A exam when I took it.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Hey Casch --

As I'm preparing for the A license quiz too [:/], I put together a little online practice quiz that contains all 158 questions and answers from the eight AFF level A - H quizzes.

The quiz is at: http://genbiol.cbs.umn.edu/alicense/

(Note: you will need to have the Shockwave plugin installed for your browser; the plugin is available for free from http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/alternates/)

Right now the quiz keeps randomly selecting single questions from the pool of 158 until you've grown tired of it. At some point in the future I plan on also having it select random sets of 20 questions to simulate a real quiz.

Good luck! B|

I was wondering if there was a practice version of an exam out there to get a better idea of the format. I know the SIM does bullet points of what the student needs to know in order to pass, and that some centers only do verbal. The center I am going through the AFF program with does a written exam, but then they thoroughly go through each question and have you explain your answer afterward. (My buddy is already licensed, that's how I found out it wasn't multiple choice).

Thanks.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver

I remember when I took the test... it was written... I didnt pass the first time, but then I learned a nice little acronym to help me:):) boogie down disco boogie down disco cee abba.....cant remember the rest its been a while:)!
fortunately I have a copy of the sims now and when I took my b and c test they were legit!:)

-yoshi

And thus the reason for an oral exam. I would hope that my doctor didn't pass his medical exams in the same manner you passed your A license exam.
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

Geezuz people. RTFM

A. License exam instructions
1. A license:
a. The examining USPA Instructor conducts a
written or oral quiz of at least 20 questions taken
from the USPA Integrated Student Program syllabus,
with emphasis on the following:

Unbelievable.
And USPA wonders why there's so much bozo BS going on out here. Geezuz people. RTFM
:S

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

UYou haven't read the SIM. Do you even have a copy?
There is no USPA written exam to be had.

Read, study and learn the SIM. Simple as that.
You'd be surprised how much life-saving information is in that one book. It's our skydiving bible.

Ok, at 29 jumps I should really be focusing on getting my license. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "A" license exam?

You can get one from USPA - it's called the "SIM"

heck - if you understand that document, you pretty much can answer any question on the exams

:S

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

um ... you folks may want to check the date of the OP. I don't think he cares any more.

:D:D:D

Freakin' resurrections.

OK, I'll pull my pants back up now.

um ... you folks may want to check the date of the OP. I don't think he cares any more.

Doesn't matter. This is a place of learning. I'm sure he's not the only one that will ever have the same question.

RTFM... It's got all the answers. I've said it in other threads. The training today is not what it used to be. We don't need lazy, unqualified, dangerous people in the air. If you can't get your license without cheating on the tests, you don't belong here and will most likely weed yourself out of the sport the hard way. By killing yourself and perhaps someone else...
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."