JALUV2

Ordering new aerodyne, Color choices?

everytime i see a canopy with all the colors of the rainbow i feel the urge to run to the toilet and puke.

You need to get in touch with your feminine side.

that, or i should have started jumping in the 60's/70's.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Why are you getting ZPX? Other than reduced pack volume it's a pretty poor choice for a parachute. If you don't need the reduced pack volume, you will get a better product with standard ZP.

What backs that up?

Aerodyne has testing that shows the fabric is stronger when new and after long term abuse.

I can understand being skeptical, but what backs up your assertion?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

it will show up nice.

I was gonna suggest the opposite: that it will be hard for other jumpers under canopy to see.

I chose this boring option to make sure someone cant use the " I did not see you" excuse.

It should be here in April... about the time we get a couple days a month that its nor pouring down rain.

I haven't found very many situations where it's a benefit, and the fabric does distort far more than a "square" zp material thus causing reduced performance. Most people will probably not notice it but.....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

everytime i see a canopy with all the colors of the rainbow i feel the urge to run to the toilet and puke. YMMV

LOL. I just got a used main-- full-on rainbow, even in the proper order throughout the 7 cells, only with a hot pink color instead of red- woohoo!

But wait-- Is it just a guy thing? Can I get away with it as a chick? Lol.

OP-- My suggestion, personally, would be to get one panel in every single color available :P:)

V-B, however, would appear to disagree with my suggestion ;)
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

everytime i see a canopy with all the colors of the rainbow i feel the urge to run to the toilet and puke. YMMV

LOL. I just got a used main-- full-on rainbow, even in the proper order throughout the 7 cells, only with a hot pink color instead of red- woohoo!

But wait-- Is it just a guy thing? Can I get away with it as a chick? Lol.

OP-- My suggestion, personally, would be to get one panel in every single color available :P:)

V-B, however, would appear to disagree with my suggestion ;)

lemme guess, you got a jumpsuit with lots of pink too!? :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

and the fabric does distort far more than a "square" zp material thus causing reduced performance.

That sounds bad. How did you test it?

ZPX may be another example of new technology being introduced to our game before it is ready for prime time. There are a few older threads where other people expressed similar concerns.

awww man VB, i'm kinda disappointed.. until this thread, I always thought your Fashion-Aware Gravitist organization was some sort of reference to wearing super awesome rainbow stripes and hot pink while hurtling yourself out of planes.. it was a pretty awesome mental picture.. my hopes and dreams have been dashed. fashion aware, hmmph. (perhaps i subconsciously knew it couldn't be true, so i've never clickied... :P)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

and the fabric does distort far more than a "square" zp material thus causing reduced performance.

That sounds bad. How did you test it?

I think it would be premature to assume there is any actual testing involved in this conclusion.

ZPX may be another example of new technology being introduced to our game before it is ready for prime time. There are a few older threads where other people expressed similar concerns.

Do you think that Aerodyne put this material out without proving its durability or distortion characteristics? Aerodyne has data showing that the ZPX fabric has better long term strength. That is of course different than rigidity (distortion).

I have asked Aerodyne to address this issue, rather than having speculation fuel assumptions. Let's give them a little while to respond. I'm very happy with the perfomance of my ZPX Pilot, and obviously many people have the fabric on their canopies, and it seems like the only complaints I've read of on this site are extremely rare and very vague.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

awww man VB, i'm kinda disappointed.. until this thread, I always thought your Fashion-Aware Gravitist organization was some sort of reference to wearing super awesome rainbow stripes and hot pink while hurtling yourself out of planes.. it was a pretty awesome mental picture.. my hopes and dreams have been dashed. fashion aware, hmmph. (perhaps i subconsciously knew it couldn't be true, so i've never clickied... :P)

goofball! :)
:(
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda