JALUV2

Ordering new aerodyne, Color choices?

Aren't swooping landings the leading cause?

Not swooping as such, but low turns in general, plus canopy-collisions, are the 2 leading causes for skydiving fatalities these days.

My Vengeance is magenta + yellow, hard to say you didn't see me fly :P I jumped a purple/black/silver Diablo for 10 jumps and had a couple different people come up to me saying that canopy was very very hard to see. So, I tend to favor yellow, pink, red, orange these days.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

here's another example. i dont think you'll see much of the red between the dark top- and bottom-skin..

my ribs are tangerine (?), top and bottom are silver except the outer cells.

edited to clarify and add a better picture
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You might want to call ahead to see if they have the colors you want in stock first. I ordered a canopy about 6 months ago and they were really limited on what colors were in stock.

I didnt get the ZPX fabric because I was downsizing from a 210 to a 168 and needed the pack volume for my container.

Good luck and it your design looks great.
Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150

I'm not saying your color combo doesn't look nice. But Silver and grey tend to blend in with the sky, especially when overcast or in lower light conditions; and they can also blend in with ground clutter if the ground clutter happens to be greyish.

Why are you getting ZPX? Other than reduced pack volume it's a pretty poor choice for a parachute. If you don't need the reduced pack volume, you will get a better product with standard ZP.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Just wondering how it might look in real life.

Boring?
I think it needs much more bright color!

personally i think you shouldnt put more than two colors on a canopy, maybe three if one is really contrasting and the other two kinda blend in with each other..

everytime i see a canopy with all the colors of the rainbow i feel the urge to run to the toilet and puke. YMMV
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

everytime i see a canopy with all the colors of the rainbow i feel the urge to run to the toilet and puke. YMMV

You need to know when you had enough.
Its not a gift that people are born with, but if you stop drinking when everything is funny you will be alright.
:D

You need to know when you had enough.
Its not a gift that people are born with, but if you stop drinking when everything is funny you will be alright.
:D

:D:D:D

that coming from a scandinavian hurts my feelings! :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Why are you getting ZPX? Other than reduced pack volume it's a pretty poor choice for a parachute. If you don't need the reduced pack volume, you will get a better product with standard ZP.

That's exactly why I am getting ZPX, So I can go with a smaller container and have more time and room to do so without having to buy another container so soon

What makes it a poor choice or what makes ZP a better product? I've heard some comments about ZPX being 'different', but that's about it. Just wonderin'.

What makes it a poor choice or what makes ZP a better product? I've heard some comments about ZPX being 'different', but that's about it. Just wonderin'.

i was wondering about that too actually, thanks for bringing it up..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda