ihavearrived

Smoke ?

powder would probably work if it was under pressure.
the question would be what source of pressure.
CO2 then what would you use to activate the CO2 canister.
open flow would work and the question there would be how to contain the powder and open the tube to allow controled powder output.
you can creat your own cool burn smoke and there is a trick that will stop the smoke from flaring up.
just ad baking soda to the composition.
or simply let us finnesh the development of the product and buy it ready to use direct from liberty when the product has completed all the test.

Thread Drift following:

True story. When I was on another Army Demo Team we had a few cases of Red M-18's we happened to be re-pinning and rigging for freefall.
Things where going well INSIDE the Team room as we rigged away.

PING! SHIT! LOOK OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY! .......POP....... HISSSSS....Shit this is hot OPEN THE DOOR!

We had a red haze for about an hour and had to explain to the MP's why we had a red cloud of smoke billowing in the street on MAIN POST in sight of the post HQ.

For Phoenix; powder has a hard time distributing evenly and you have to carry a large amount to be visible.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I'll start out by saying that I am fairly new to the demo world and have only jumped smoke a few times.

I was wondering, is it possible to have a smoke generate different colors at different times using the same firing mechanism? ie..
Start with red burn to white and finish with blue.
Could this be done in the same cannister? Or would three shorter burn cannisters be needed with some type of delay mechanism?

Sorry if this is a drift. I was just thinking that it would be a good visual effect and with your obvious expertise maybe you could come up with something ,or tell me it already exist, or tell me its not feasible.
Thanks - Daniel

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

I was wondering, is it possible to have a smoke generate different colors at different times using the same firing mechanism? ie..
Start with red burn to white and finish with blue.
Could this be done in the same cannister? Or would three shorter burn cannisters be needed with some type of delay mechanism?

I can be done, and is being discussed.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thread Drift following:

True story. When I was on another Army Demo Team we had a few cases of Red M-18's we happened to be re-pinning and rigging for freefall.
Things where going well INSIDE the Team room as we rigged away.

PING! SHIT! LOOK OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY! .......POP....... HISSSSS....Shit this is hot OPEN THE DOOR!

We had a red haze for about an hour and had to explain to the MP's why we had a red cloud of smoke billowing in the street on MAIN POST in sight of the post HQ.

For Phoenix; powder has a hard time distributing evenly and you have to carry a large amount to be visible.

Not a thread drift on YOUR part...Swoopin43 is just stickin' ME in the ribs!:ph34r:

I had the same thing happen a few months ago. I was re-pinning, or 'pulling spoons' as us civilians say.;)

I have a neat little tool that securely hooks the nipple on the hammer and holds it back with very little effort, problem is I couldn't find the dang TOOL!>:(

It was late one evening and I was rigging smoke for the next day's opening at Oshkosh AirVenture. Sitting on the floor of the garage with my son, in a REALLY nice home close to the airport that we are allowed to use for the week...

Same thing ~ Same COLOR! ...PING....OH SHIT!....Hissssssssss.....M O V E !!!:o:o

The first 'hot potato' toss rolled it under the gas tank of the team equipment van...:(

2nd try was a 'Jackie Chan' sliding kick that put it in the street in front of the house.

It's midnight, no wind at all, but cool enough for windows to be open.... and this nice, exclusive neighborhood is filling up with smelly red smoke that's just hanging there!:S

I can't TELL YA how hard it is to scrub that red stain off of a garage floor, a driveway and a residential street....

...But my SON can!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:;)

any of you OLD timers remember a "smoke " product from the early sixties which basically just released flour into the air,no ignition?obviously it wasnt as good as smoke or it would have caught on and we would still be using them.

Don't know about an actual product, but we use to duct tape a 5 pound bag of flour to our leg, make a hole in the bottom on exit and bang our feet together in free-fall to keep it going! :S

I was planning on making a bag for a 5 pound sack of flour, complete with a roll back top flap secured with velcro. I guess I shouldn't waste my time huh? :ph34r:

Actually, it DOES work! :)B|

Only problem is....if it's hot and humid out, you start raining biscuits down on the crowd! ;)

I was planning on making a bag for a 5 pound sack of flour, complete with a roll back top flap secured with velcro. I guess I shouldn't waste my time huh? :ph34r:

Actually, it DOES work! :)B|

Only problem is....if it's hot and humid out, you start raining biscuits down on the crowd! ;)

If one opens the bag of flour, while one is falling back to earth, does the flour get stuck in ones burble, and blow into ones full face. :D:ph34r:

If you don't know, I will report back this spring. I can do stuff like that at my home DZ, but I think I will get funny looks getting on the plane at a strange place with a bag of flour.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I've heard of tandem students calling their first skydive a "religious experience," but add some manna into the equation and you've got yourself a cult!

What was it ole JC said?

"Don't load up on the bread, we got fish coming too!" ;)

I have been on a couple of Army Demo Teams and we have had it happen at least once a year with a new guy.

We did it on Ft. Campbell about 2 months after 9/11/01. The SRT building was about 50 meters from our old building, try explaining to 40 battle rattle rigged SRT dudes, while your on your face, "Oops it slipped"[:/]. No sense of humor I tell ya!

The best one was the PA Best Western, but it is still a sore subject at JAG so I will refrane for now.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

We had a practical joke of the same kind.

We used powder for preventing the material of the round canopies to stick to itself.

My friends prepared a rig with a decent amount of extra powder and they were waiting for a "volunteer". He suppose to have a static line jump and powder in his/her neck. The wind has spoiled our fun and blown the powder away on opening.

in regards to the skydiving smoke products.
i have received samples of the canisters now in use and have dismanteled the casings and figured the cost to load or produce.
log onto our web site www.flamelesssmokegrenades.com
click on skydiving smoka samples.
there you will see samples of the skydiving and stunt plane smoke casings.
this will give you a idea as to the cost to fill such cans with color smoke compositions.
these are now total cost but simply the manufacturing cost to fill each can.

Please don't take this the wrong way because I only intend on being constructive, but have you considered having some one look at your website for a redesign to make it easier to view and navigate. A solid background and a better layout would do wonders for it.

Otherwise I am looking forward to a product that will be safer to use, and more in the range of a non pro jumper!!! :D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I didn't see the Superior Signal Company Professional Smoke Gernade --- it has a burn duration of 4minutes 160,000cf .
It is the same size as the skydiver smoke but the canister is covered in a wax substance and the canister is pretty much full............smoke emits from the end opposite of the pull ignitor

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid