CloudyHead

CSPA solo jumper here -- thinking of making a trip to Perris

I will still join up with the Canadian invasion in Eloy, but i'd really like to plan a 3 month stay in Perris and make a few hundred jumps. How well will a fresh CSPA certification be recognized there? I only have 40 jumps and I don't even have my "A" License yet. A lot of my jumps aren't even logged. I assume they wouldn't make me do any AFF, but maybe a special coached jump to make sure i adhere to all the rules? Is this correct? Will I be able to get USPA endorsed and work towards my licenses just as I would in Canada?

Hi..
Unless you have a CSPA Certificate Administrator in yer arse pocket when you go to Perris you will have to join USPA and follow their training program for the necessary licenses (CoPs). If you come back home with a bunch USPA sanctioned licenses you will have to convert to our system or remain in the USPA system which means you don't have insurance and can't take CSPA rating courses. It can be a bit of an administrative hassle to convert back and forth. Lots of people have memberships in both and plenty have converted their ratings (AFF-PFF for example) but to start out at you level might be biting off a bit much. If you are going on the Invasion, contact some of the gang (who are going) first and arrange to get Canadian stuff done in the States. Some Instructors and CAs don't mind doing student stuff while at a Boogie, some won't. Do you homwwork now while you can so come January you have a locked in plan.
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.