e_nevett

FIRST CAMERA AND EDITED VIDEO

I'm not sure if it matters where the camera is worn. I think the 200 jump guideline is more an issue of distraction.

My own (ignorant) opinion is that it's still a bad idea.
That wasn't flying. That was falling with style.

In my opinion, you don't have enough time in the air to be flyihng camera.

Wow! I didn't see that comming???;)

To the OP... helmet mount, leg mount, chest mount or stick it up your "who who".... Cameras are a distraction! They cause you to do things like forget to properly stow your leg straps. (3:50 from your video). But then again, it didn't really cause any problems now did it? ...this time[:/]

Be careful! Talk to an instructor or better yet, an experienced camera flyer. 200 jumps minimum!!!!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

If you would know any better you would've known what kind of replies you're gonna get on dorkzone ;)

But don't get discouraged by this typical bitching.. Keep rocking and do what you like to do.

Times are changing, it's just sad that most of the fossils from the 70's and egomaniac skygods who can't stand anyone being cooler than them can't accept that..

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Times are changing, it's just sad that most of the fossils from the 70's and egomaniac skygods who can't stand anyone being cooler than them can't accept that..

Hey!! I take offence to that.,... but then again, not so much. ;)

Anyway, check out 3:50 of his video and then grow up and maybe you to can achieve Fossil Status!!!

WoW!

A piece of excess legstrap came out of the legstrap "pouch", surely that's going to kill him!

No, Sangi, a bit of legstrap excess isn't likely going to kill anyone. It might flap the rest of the strap loose and make for a painful opening, however.

That said, the camera mounted on the right foot (same side as he pitches) may well kill him (and potentially someone else).
Anyone who has much time in skydiving knows you don't want something on that side.
A PC can *easily* wrap around a foot mount on the right side.
Any experienced camera flyer (or experienced skydiver) should be able to point this out immediately.

There is a reason there are fossils in this sport. Keep up with your thinking and you will not have to worry about being one of them. Put the camera away and focus on your skydiving it might just save your life.

Ever hear of a pilot chute getting caught in a burble and sticking itself to velcro or a "camera" mounted on a shoe? Its happened but nothing bad can come of a hundred jump wonder with a camera. [:/]

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

That said, the camera mounted on the right foot (same side as he pitches) may well kill him (and potentially someone else).
Anyone who has much time in skydiving knows you don't want something on that side.
Any experienced camera flyer (or experienced skydiver) should be able to point this out immediately.

This is a valid point.

Yet he didn't die and now he can learn from than, mount it on his head and continue.

This is a valid point.

Yet he didn't die and now he can learn from than, mount it on his head and continue.

I would suggest that learning to track properly is a priority over putting a camera on one's head (or foot).
More to the point, if a basic safety issue like this isn't obvious, one has to wonder about what other obvious safety issues are being missed?
One jump...two issues.
A chain of three issues can be found in most incidents.

... stick it up your "who who".... Cameras are a distraction!

I dont know if thats good or bad.
It could help him arch or be and distraction as you say.:P

Even if try not to think about the camera when i jump with mine i still sometimes find myself (usually under canopy) "trying to get a good video".
:S

>This is a valid point. Yet he didn't die and now he can learn from
>than, mount it on his head and continue.

True. Then he can have another 'learning experience' and (hopefully) not die. Or he could get some experience, have those learning experiences one at a time, then add a camera later.

WoW!

A piece of excess legstrap came out of the legstrap "pouch", surely that's going to kill him! :S:D

Sangi... Clearly, you're missing the point. [:/] We're not slamming the OP or his abilities here. Skydiving is an extreme sport that is learned thru a progression of varied skill sets. Skipping a step in the progression has killed too many of our friends. It almost killed me once! I got lucky.

Take a chill pill, make some jumps under the supervision of a couple "fossils" and, eventually, you'll understand this. B|

+1

By the way, Sangi, I don't consider myself a fossil. I still view myself as a new jumper, learning something every time I am in the air. I am still very nervous when trying something new - like last weekend when I first strapped the still camera to my head. I hope you become a fossil, and I hope I never read about you in the incident forum.

But I'm not holding my breath for you - or for the OP.[:/]

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

This is a valid point.

I personally saw a cameraman walking to the plane, checking his wings. He only forgot his rig, small detail.

The rules in our sport are written in blood. Check the incident were a inexperienced jumper (wingsuit with less than 200 jumps) forgot his leg straps.

Please learn from the mistakes we made before you even started skydiving. At least invent your own new mistakes in stead of repeating the old ones.

Even the very experienced jumpers will continue to make mistakes. One big difference: they have a much higher probability to detect the mistake before they are in trouble.

CU
Jurgen

Yes you got valid points there, however, not all people are the same and not everyone forgets their rig on the way to the plane..

It seems that the skydiving community likes to judge everyone absolutely the same regardless..

It seems that the skydiving community likes to judge everyone absolutely the same regardless..

Because those Egomanics and Skygods that you talked about have been around long enough to have seen newbies kill themselves with the attitude that you showed in your original response.

This sport kills and little things like a camera on a foot doesnt seem like a lot until it is a lot. No one is worried about not being as cool as you are. That is the dumbest response you could have said. This sport is not about being cool. If it is for you, then maybe you should rethink what you are doing. I have seen a lot of "cool" people die and a lot of "uncool" people are still around having a great time. Cool is staying alive and making another jump and not killing your buddy. [:/]
Dom