GaVak

How fast does a Rodeo fall?

Some friends and I are coming up with some creative jumps for the weekend and one of the suggestions is a Rodeo with people taking hand/leg docks.

I would assume it is as fast (or faster) than a tandem with no drogue out, thus requiring good free flyers for the dock positions - Light skinny/long guy for the base and maybe a smaller girl for the rider.

Thanks,
~Gav
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21

With two average skydivers doing the rodeo it falls at a pretty comfortable sit fly / head down speed. The biggest trick is having a base flyer that is able to realize what is going on and deal with how the person is moving around on their back. They tend to be moving forward or backwards while in the rodeo.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

The fastest rodeo I've ever been on fell about 95mph. A really really good tracker can keep up with it, but it generally requires the rodeo to fly to the tracker.
Likewise, if you fly it real efficiently, you can get it into the low 70s, then most wingsuiters can catch it.
Brian

OP is asking bout regular rodeos, and B is talking bout wingsuit rodeos.
I have followed a couple ws rodeos wearing freefly suit, no that hard. One was with 2 dudes, bout 200lbs+ each, that one was pretty fast vertical and horizontal, very fun!
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

The fastest rodeo I've ever been on fell about 95mph. A really really good tracker can keep up with it, but it generally requires the rodeo to fly to the tracker.
Likewise, if you fly it real efficiently, you can get it into the low 70s, then most wingsuiters can catch it.

not so hard to follow , making a grip is another story since a small instability leads to big movement. But I guess the OP is not talking about WS rodeos
ça passe ou ça frotte

I'm 215 lbs and i did a rodeo with a 115lb girl both ways(her on my back and mine on hers) We had someone do outside video when i was on her back and at one point he had to go head down to keep up with us we were falling so fast. When she was on my back my dytter said we were going about 180. I think it was wrong but i knew we were cranking the whole way.

Heres video of me on her back. Not a great jump but fun anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KMrze5xV8
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!