loch1957

Should have never jumped.

OK its a lie but I chose to wait till I'm under 250 to jump anymore. I really suck at waiting too !!!! I bet people at sky dive Dallas think I'm a nut, i just park and watch others jump on my way home.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

So don't just sit in the parking lot.

Go in and introduce yourself. Ask if there's anything you can do. Learning to pack would be a good thing.

Shagging tandems and helping students get back to the hangar (if and only if they are willing to let you) would involve a good bit of walking and/or running (you know, that exercise crap).

Meeting and hanging out with a bunch of skydivers may motivate you to work harder to lose weight.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Good luck to ya. Our sport is easier when you're skinny, no doubt. I second the idea that you go in and make friends. Start absorbing all the knowledge you can and keep motivated to keep losing weight.

This sport has been a huge positive influence in my life. When doing painful PT after an injury and subsequent surgery (no, not jump related) the desire to jump again was what kept me going. B|

i just park and watch others jump on my way home

That's creepy, just go in. Not everyone at the DZ is a jumper, and there's room for everyone. Some of the non-jumping staff, like office or maintenance works might not be jumpers, but they can hang out just like everyone else. Especially if you have one jump under your belt, and a good reason you're not currently jumping, you're certainly qualifed to hang out and make friends.

Only a small part of the jump day is spent in the plane or actually jumping. Aside from the staff guys, most jumpers spend more time hanging out than they do actually jumping, so go in and add to the crowd.

What the others said. Go in and introduce yourself. Ask for Jeff Hindman(He helps run AFF) tell him your situation and goals after you tell him that Snowflake sent you. He would rather you came in and talked to him than have you sit in the parking lot. Good Luck!!!

Why eat healthy, cut out all the crap, exercise (and not the oh I walked for 5 seconds and am sweating so I'll sit down kind), get plenty of sleep, strech and add some positivity to your life.....

Bc according to the infomercials on right now you can just take a pill, not change a thing and get skinny. That's how it works right??;)

Skydiving has issues with the weight, it's true. Losing weight now will help you get through your student jumps faster. Between AFFIs that can/will jump with you (match your fall rate), limited space in the plane, and equipment that fits (container AND/OR canopy), having excess mass is certainly a detriment to the experience. It's not all sunshine and rainbows being the 5'6", 140 pounder though, either. ;)

It's a good choice to get in better shape no matter what the reason. Don't concentrate too heavily on weight while you're doing it; rather concern yourself more with size. Weight will fluctuate, but if you're not losing weight and you're losing inches you are still getting healthier- it's just that muscle weighs more than fat and you may have reached one of your "stall points".

All that aside, do as the others have said. Go talk to people! It may motivate you further and you can learn a lot before you even REALLY start jumping. Even on days I don't intend to jump, I go out to the DZ to socialize and soak up what knowledge I can. Skydivers are great people that come from all walks of life. I'm proud to be one. B|

7-Way Hybrid at night? F*$k Yeah!

Like the other posters suggested, make your presence known at the DZ. Pull tandems, learn how to pack, etc., etc.

As an added incentive maybe you could put a certain amount of money on account every weekend. If you put the equivalent of a training jump on account every weekend I'm sure it would motivate you to get to your target weight.

LOL not creepy. I just stop on side of road on my way if I see a canopy. I don't sit in parking lot in a black SUV with tinted windows all day.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

LOL not creepy. I just stop on side of road on my way if I see a canopy. I don't sit in parking lot in a black SUV with tinted windows all day.

If your there anyway might as well learn how to pack.

R.
One Jump Wonder

You choose to "wait" until you're under 250? I think that if your dedicated enough to the sport why not work out a little bit so you can get back in the air?

On a other hand, is there a limit to how much you can weigh when skydiving? I'm new to the sport and love to learn as much as I can.
Some of the greatest accomplishments were done by people too stupid to know they were impossible.

Well slimmy

what I think at this moment is that you are trying to use skydiving as a tool to get yourself somewhere closer to your liking.

I also think that 'your tool' may bring you there faster

edit: I'm sure someone around you knows what the fat I was thinking
What goes around, comes later.

Ok today is a great day. Got up this morning and Weighed and I'm 249, hah!!!! Took me a year but its hard to lose 103 lbs. And I been smoke free two months. My book is also finished. Nothing is going to go bad today, i can feel it.