virgin-burner

anyone's got a spare 50$ for our friend Sangi!?

and there's the other troll stalking..

i've been missing you, almost! :)

I have to ask, and keep in mind it's politely as possible, but how many more people need to jump in and say something for it to become obvious that it's just not one or two 'trolls' or an 'everybody is out to get you' thing?

I don't think they're out to hose you, VB. They just don't want you broke. Like looking out for another skybrother, just like you said you've tried via friendly advice for Sangi in the past. :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

DocPop giving virgin-burner canopy lessons in a Sangi crash thread. What a coincidence!

Of the three of us; Sangi learned his lesson (I hope) the hard way and I have learned in a less hard way (but it still took too long).

Virgin-Burner, it seems, is now the last of the three "cool kids" who is still pushing the envelope and refusing to hear what others are telling him.

Maybe I have forfeited my right to preach on this subject given my previous posts, I am not sure. Or maybe Sangi and I are just the right people to speak up on this having been "that guy".
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Well it seems like your attitude has changed, we dont know how or why you learned your lesson (unless I missed it somewhere) because you wont share.

You are one of the people that learn luckily before you end up like Sangi.

VB you next?? come on everybody is doing it "skybrother"

Hope you don't mind, but i'd thought i should pipe in with some info:
Class 1 - Student Canopy - .5 to .75 Lbs/SqFt wing loading.
Class 2 - Docile - .75 to 1.00 Lbs/SqFt wing loading.
Class 3 - Mid Range - 1.0 to1.25lbs/SqFt wing loading.
Class 4 - High performance - 1.25 to 1.65 Lbs/SqFt wing loading.
Class 5 - Extreme - 1.65 to 2.00 Lbs/SqFt wing loading.
Class 6 - BALLISTIC ! ! ! - 2.0 to 2.4 Lbs/SqFt wing loading.

Gathered from the Icarus website;)

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Re: [Sangi] FIRST CAMERA AND EDITED VIDEO [In reply to] Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

It seems that the skydiving community likes to judge everyone absolutely the same regardless..

Yeah, yeah, now tell us about your Mad Skilzz.

I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, Sangi. They are judged by the laws of physics. The old, the new, the cool and uncool, on a bad day, they all hit the ground at the same speed, with pretty much the same results.

As for me, I know how to take care of myself. Judging by your shitty attitude and your moronic writing on this site, you do not. I am always happy to instruct and advise anyone who has a good attitude toward learning about skydiving. You seem to have a hatred of all who have put in the time and effort to learn about this sport and how to survive it, simply because you have not. So, as far as advising you, I could not care less if you ever learn a single thing. You are a textbook example of a DGIT (Dead Guy In Training). There is a crater waiting somewhere with your name on it, and dude, when you fill it, all that will mean to me is that I won't have to read your silly shit around here anymore.

See the sig line below? You don't even fucking qualify.

Kevin Keenan
Florida, USA

From an earlier thread.
Couldn't have said it better

This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

you think flying backwards would of helped my accuracy!?

i think i would have been a lil' better off without the 39° fever and having had a little more than 2hrs of actual restful sleep - the lesson i learned: NEVER jump again when i'm not feeling 100%.

:|

ha ha ha ha
Not enough sleep, strong winds, feeling groggy...

I've sure learnt my lesson...

ha ha ha ha...

Man the fuck up... and learn how to fly your canopy everyday..

I'm betting you can't even land the thing downwind, or on rears... post a video of you doing both of those and i will stfu.

and there's the other troll stalking..

i've been missing you, almost! :)

VB... The last time I posted this was when I updated it for Sangi (Katana 135 @ 200 jumps). Now I've modified it for you.... In hopes that you never fill your card.

check out th bottom row....
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I just offered to send Sangi $100 if you upsized. So how about it?

Tell you what, I'll double it. $200. You can have half if you like; perhaps put it towards a larger canopy. What say you?

:D:D:D

Knowing Bill, he's completely serious about his offer.
Remster

I just offered to send Sangi $100 if you upsized. So how about it?

Tell you what, I'll double it. $200. You can have half if you like; perhaps put it towards a larger canopy. What say you?

That's very generous.

I hope he has the sense to realize that.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

>I hope he has the sense to realize that.

I hope so; it would be nice to be able to donate money that prevents a life-altering accident instead of donating money to try to fix the mess that remains afterwards.

I'll be interested to see if VB can take the advice he's always handing out.

DocPop giving virgin-burner canopy lessons in a Sangi crash thread. What a coincidence!

Of the three of us; Sangi learned his lesson (I hope) the hard way and I have learned in a less hard way (but it still took too long).

Virgin-Burner, it seems, is now the last of the three "cool kids" who is still pushing the envelope and refusing to hear what others are telling him.

Maybe I have forfeited my right to preach on this subject given my previous posts, I am not sure. Or maybe Sangi and I are just the right people to speak up on this having been "that guy".

I think that where you have been and where you are now gives you every right to preach.
Anyone who can't accept your change in attitude isn't worth worrying about. I'm glad you are where you are.
You even post like a grownup now.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

>I hope he has the sense to realize that.

I hope so; it would be nice to be able to donate money that prevents a life-altering accident instead of donating money to try to fix the mess that remains afterwards.

I'll be interested to see if VB can take the advice he's always handing out.

[cricket chirp] [cricket chirp]
Remster

he's set himself up WIDE open for abuse once he bounced.

No, he set himself for abuse when he decided that he was better than all the other people who have died before him. When he brushed off advice by high experienced canopy pilots and swooping competitors.

The fact that he hooked in wasn't and still isn't a surprise to us. We knew it would happen, we just hoped that he would live through it. He lived through it. So now he needs to man up, admit he was wrong (to himself, I don't care if he admits it to me or anyone else), make better canopy choices and try again (this time listening to the experienced canopy pilots).

And please do not forget the wonderful advice on camera flying he was giving to other noobs.

I want to see the video!!!!

doesnt have a piece of information on his profile and is THE ressource when it comes to katanas as seen here, here and here.

i call bullshit on your lying ass!

Still waiting to see if YOU learned anything from this.

He was flying a canopy he should not have been jumping, YOU are flying a canopy YOU should not be jumping.

I am willing to bet you will continue to ignore this post AND I am willing to bet you will continue to ignore the lesson. AND I am willing to bet YOU will get hurt.

I hope you don't get hurt, but history shows you are at the exp to wingload level of being in the most danger
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I am willing to bet you will continue to ignore this post AND I am willing to bet you will continue to ignore the lesson. AND I am willing to bet YOU will get hurt.

I hope you don't get hurt, but history shows you are at the exp to wingload level of being in the most danger

alright, i'll play along; i'm tired of having to defend my choices and having to argue on the interwebz.

someone posted a bounce-bingo card further up. i sure do qualify for "high WL" and one or maybe two others i cant remember from the top of my head. what i do remember tough is "takes advice from dz.com" - i dont do that.

the last words i have on this is following: i know, i have a small chute, and i know the risks. i dont really care for "being or looking cool". i'm playing things as safe as possible (except for the small wing).

now, this thread was well intended to have a jumper pass his recovery a little less boring. it was never about sending money, tough the title says so. basically i just asked for a book, ANY book actually.

out of 66 posts, 2 people offered to either order/send the book and another 2 said they were gonna send care-packages. oh, and billvon's offer to - actually send money.

to all of you who offered to lend a helping hand, i salute you ladies and gentlemen! it's nice to have people like that around that actually care.. not saying the other posters DO NOT care, i'm sure they do.. just not the way it was meant. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

>what i do remember tough is "takes advice from dz.com" - i dont do that.

Weren't you just posting about how proud you were that someone took your advice from DZ.com?

>the last words i have on this is following: i know, i have a small chute, and i
>know the risks. i dont really care for "being or looking cool". i'm playing things
>as safe as possible (except for the small wing).

Sangi:

===========
I think you oldies should realize that people are not standing in one place and that "the good old days" won't be there forever, everything is moving, people are getting better at everything and doing new and new stuff...

As far as I read every generation gets smarter than the old one... Every generation evolves, gets better at everything, so yeah the new guys are better than what you were like 20-30 years and people will be better than us right now after 20-30 years, it's all natural...
===========

alright, i'll play along; i'm tired of having to defend my choices and having to argue on the interwebz.

There is an old story I heard either from a comedian or from a movie:

If one person thinks you are an ass.... Screw em.
If two people think you are an ass.... Think about it.
If three or more think you are an ass.... You are.

So if just one person thinks you are in danger... Ignore them. But if a bunch of people think you are... then you are. And tcnelson and your buddy Sangi should show you the error of your ways.

I hope we don't read a thread about you someday.... But history shows that thinking you know more than everyone else does not normally end well.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

in reply to "If one person thinks you are an ass.... Screw em.
If two people think you are an ass.... Think about it.
If three or more think you are an ass.... You are. "

:D
reminds me of a Hill Street Blues Line when a bit of evidence is getting adjusted....

"Once, its an accident,
Twice, its a coincidence,
Three times and its a crime against the state."

Pretty certain Sangi said something like that too...

i know, i have a small chute, and i know the risks. i dont really care for "being or looking cool". i'm playing things as safe as possible (except for the small wing).

Absolutely certain Sangi said this, almost verbatim.

Pot. Meet kettle. :|

Pretty certain Sangi said something like that too...

i know, i have a small chute, and i know the risks. i dont really care for "being or looking cool". i'm playing things as safe as possible (except for the small wing).

Absolutely certain Sangi said this, almost verbatim.

Pot. Meet kettle. :|

This does seem very ironic. V-B, are you going to accept Bill's offer?

i have gotten sangi's adress; if you've asked me for it and i havent PM'd it to you yet, please send me another PM.

i pretty much went through my inbox and i THINK i have everyone down, but in case i dont..

if you've thought about it and now have decided to send him something out of support, just shoot me a PM and i'll send it to you too!

THANKS!!! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda