FL_new_jumper

Curious about injuries

Okaaaayy.. so update on the injury thing..

12 weeks later.. did my AFF level 3.. passed..

but flared early again and broke 2 bones in my OTHER foot (MOTHER &*%$!)

however... a week later did my level 4 on my B-Day (Sunday) and no new injuries!!!! (Butt landing!)

Had a GREAT time even though I have to do it over... no one told me it is WAY easier to turn on your own than when two instructors are hanging on to you :)
Was doing 720's instead of 90's ;)

Anyway.. was awesome getting back to the DZ and even though I have to repeat level 4, was the best B-day ever!

Thanks again everyone for all the advice / comments!

That's cool u are jumping even with broken bones.

Well, no it's not.

You did notice he said "butt landing", right?

Do you suppose he did a butt landing because of jumping with the injuries?

Do you suppose that foot injuries may have made him reluctant to put his feet down and do a good PLF?

Do either of you see a problem with that?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

popsjumper.. You are 100% right!

I had every intention of doing an awesome PLF... however.. instict took over and pulled up my feet at the last second... I DO NOT recommend (as if i can recommend anything with 6 whole jumps) anyone jumping with injuries... I just wanted to share... it was my birthday.. not the smartest thing to do.. but it worked out... I will NOT be jumping again until everthing is completely healed!

Seems like the landing is one of the things that are common problem amongst new jumpers. That brings a question to my mind....

@popsjumper: The PLF, are we talking about the same type that airborne do with the round chutes? As in turn your body sideways to the direction, feet and knees together and relaxed, then do the calf, thigh, side roll?

The only PLF the instructors mentioned at the DZ was feet + knees together tensed. Toggles in hands at full brakes. No mention of turning the body or of relaxing the legs......

Had me wondering about the different techniques....

in reply to "but flared early again and broke 2 bones in my OTHER foot (MOTHER &*%$!)

however... a week later did my level 4 on my B-Day (Sunday) and no new injuries!!!! (Butt landing!) "

So you break both feet and just plough on (in ?)
What happens when you break your butt?

hint ...Get some decent flaring training , you deserve a better chance of not hurting yourself.

in reply to "but flared early again and broke 2 bones in my OTHER foot (MOTHER &*%$!)

however... a week later did my level 4 on my B-Day (Sunday) and no new injuries!!!! (Butt landing!) "

So you break both feet and just plough on (in ?)
What happens when you break your butt?

hint ...Get some decent flaring training , you deserve a better chance of not hurting yourself.

Or maybe this isn't the sport for you. There has to be a threshold ratio between the number of jumps and the number of broken bones.