alabamaskydiver

Skyride's fake awards company

A couple of days ago, I received an email that was forwarded to me from a popular user here on DZ.com and asked me what I thought of it. I told him to research it and he came back and said that it appears to be a fake company that sells awards. I did a quick web search and found a bunch of scam alerts that indicates that his findings are correct.
The following is a copy of the email;

I am pleased to announce that 1 800 Sky Ride has been selected for the 2011 Best of Glendale Award in the Skydiving category by the US Commerce Association (USCA).

I'm sure that your selection as a 2011 Award Winner is a reflection of the hard work of not only yourself, but of many people that have supported your business and contributed to the subsequent success of your organization. Congratulations on your selection to such an elite group of small businesses.

In recognition of your achievement, a special 2011 Best of Glendale Award has been designed for display at your place of business. You may arrange to have your award sent directly to 1 800 Sky Ride by following the simple steps on the 2011 Best of Glendale Award order form.

The USCA "Best of Local Business" Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year, the USCA identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community.

Also, a copy of the press release publicizing the selection of 1 800 Sky Ride is posted on the USCA website. USCA hereby grants 1 800 Sky Ride a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display this press release in any media formats and through any media channels.

In order to provide you with the best possible service, you have been assigned an award code that can be used on our website for quick access to your award information and press release. If you have any questions or comments, please include this code with your correspondence.

Your Award Code is: C9G-MW7T-6AA

Questions? Please call us at: 646-355-0637 and select option 1.

Sincerely,

Kelly McCartney
Board of Review
US Commerce Association

The intended recipient of this notification is the Marketing Director for 1 800 Sky Ride. If you have received this email in error please forward it to the intended recipient. If you do not wish to receive further advertisements from USCA, please mail a written request to: US Commerce Association, 5042 Wilshire Blvd #13854, Los Angeles, CA 90036 or simply click to opt-out.

A couple of days ago, I received an email that was forwarded to me from a popular user here on DZ.com and asked me what I thought of it. I told him to research it and he came back and said that it appears to be a fake company that sells awards. I did a quick web search and found a bunch of scam alerts that indicates that his findings are correct.
The following is a copy of the email;

I am pleased to announce that 1 800 Sky Ride has been selected for the 2011 Best of Glendale Award in the Skydiving category by the US Commerce Association (USCA).

I'm sure that your selection as a 2011 Award Winner is a reflection of the hard work of not only yourself, but of many people that have supported your business and contributed to the subsequent success of your organization. Congratulations on your selection to such an elite group of small businesses.

In recognition of your achievement, a special 2011 Best of Glendale Award has been designed for display at your place of business. You may arrange to have your award sent directly to 1 800 Sky Ride by following the simple steps on the 2011 Best of Glendale Award order form.

The USCA "Best of Local Business" Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year, the USCA identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community.

Also, a copy of the press release publicizing the selection of 1 800 Sky Ride is posted on the USCA website. USCA hereby grants 1 800 Sky Ride a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display this press release in any media formats and through any media channels.

In order to provide you with the best possible service, you have been assigned an award code that can be used on our website for quick access to your award information and press release. If you have any questions or comments, please include this code with your correspondence.

Your Award Code is: C9G-MW7T-6AA

Questions? Please call us at: 646-355-0637 and select option 1.

Sincerely,

Kelly McCartney
Board of Review
US Commerce Association

The intended recipient of this notification is the Marketing Director for 1 800 Sky Ride. If you have received this email in error please forward it to the intended recipient. If you do not wish to receive further advertisements from USCA, please mail a written request to: US Commerce Association, 5042 Wilshire Blvd #13854, Los Angeles, CA 90036 or simply click to opt-out.

The only people that can be impressed with that fake award is the unknowing consumer, oh wait.[:/]

Forward the info to you States Attorney General, let them look into it. It is their Job after all.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

So not only are they scamming the customers, they are lying to them and claiming to have received awards that don't exist and that they made up and/or bought, not earned?
Classic sLyride scam bullshit!!!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

That's some other company trying to scam Skyride.

Perfect!!!
I wish someone would scam their fuckin asses right out of business!!!!

HCSVader;

I am so going to see if I can order myself a fake awarde for having the biggest penis in the Georgia state fair penis measuring competition Cool

:D:D:D:D
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

That's some other company trying to scam Skyride.

Perfect!!!
I wish someone would scam their fuckin asses right out of business!!!!

HCSVader;

I am so going to see if I can order myself a fake awarde for having the biggest penis in the Georgia state fair penis measuring competition Cool

:D:D:D:D

If they had a smallest penis competition, Cary or any of his minions would win it hands down. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban