virgin-burner

i killed myself today..

for secnd life replay..

sheesh, i've had my first reserve today; a lineover from HELL!

it was our season-ends party, last jump of the day, some "hit n'rock"-competition. i probably packed a bit in a hurry, dont know if this is what caused it, but chances are pretty good.

so anyway, we do couple groups of two per pass, open at determined altitude, 5000ft-something in my case. we do a 2way, break off at 6k, track away, i pitch, got slammed like FUCK. the bitch starts turning VIOLENTLY, if you'd ask me, i'd say 2 rotations per second..

i was thinking of trying to fix that for exactly 0.25 seconds when my hands were already on the handles. pulled cutaway, nice launch, still the same blue-green-blue-green, tried to stabilize for maybe 3 seconds before i thought "FUCK THIS!" and pulled my reserve.. which opened PERFECT!

first time i looked at my altimeter i was down to maybe 2500ft. slided the landing SHAKING! took my shit off, had to have a little walk around the dz just to cool it! of course everyone asking..

dayum, there was a while when i thought i'd pass out, buddy says i'm pale like a ghost..

best parrt was, i kept all my handles, the freebag almost landed in the peas and the canopy landed right over the street from the dz that a mate went to pick up.

of course i paid my beer-dues for first reserve. i didnt stay for too long for the party, after dinner i left and am having now a REALLY stiff whiskey n'coke at home. everything's aking and i'm mentally and physically exhausted!

again, i would like to thank my instructors for the excellent training i received, my rigger for packing my reserve, PD for making it.. and all the girls that gave me hugs.. the guys too, but you know! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Woah great story!
This is something no one is looking forward for :) But you're alive so I guess you did great! I don't know if waiting to pull the reserve is a good thing though... As i've been told lineover happen when you've got one of your A,B,C or D line thats outside of the stabilizers when you pack that is why you always want to make sure you have all your lines nice and in place before you start bringing in the stabilizers... but that might not be what happened!

Where do you jump in Switzerland?

i was surprised mate..

i have FUCK NO clue in what orientation i was in when i launched, but i'm pretty sure it wasnt a good one and changing to worse fast.. B|

it's like 5hrs later and i'm still feeling the rush; i got a headache. my shoulders hurt, i got a good nick on the chin-part of the throat from the chest-strap (which was tight and it's a custom-rig, so go figure..).

dayum, i would NEVER have believed how that thing would spin me around!

oh, canopy has no line-burns or anything! fucking awesome, i got all the gear back, but that ride was SCARY!!!

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

oh, and before i forget, i was SCARED of that day. i always believed "yea-yea, when you have 1000 jumps maybe, not before!" guess i was wrong.. :P

oh, and jrmrangers, did i say "i love you" recently!? i do!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

i still have yet to have a reserve - knock on wood; but since i'm a dirty high puller, i expect it to be a bit longer! ;)

HAHAHAHAHA VB thats what you get ;)
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

i still have yet to have a reserve - knock on wood; but since i'm a dirty high puller, i expect it to be a bit longer! ;)

haha, nice find, which thread was that again!? B|

dayum, i have NEVER expected it to be THAT violent..

just fucking CRAZY, i shit you not..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Cool Beans on the safe return to the ground via Plan B....

Now... you gonna give that tiny little canopy more chances to take you out :)

Glad to hear you are doing well, just be careful when people start quoting your words back at you. Just saying. [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

i dont really know how to say this in english:

"ich werde sie in ihre schranken verweisen!"

:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Glad to hear you are doing well, just be careful when people start quoting your words back at you. Just saying. [:/]

just told a buddy today "you know, i am who i am, and i'll never get that to change!"..

dizzy.com's entertaining n'all, and i've met a great couple of friends around here. you can think of me whatever you want, and i probably wouldnt give a rat's ass about it.

if you are a true friend, you will not judge me by my words NOR by my actions really; you will take me for who i am. fuck the rest!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

dizzy.com's entertaining n'all, and i've met a great couple of friends around here. you can think of me whatever you want, and i probably wouldnt give a rat's ass about it.

if you are a true friend, you will not judge me by my words NOR by my actions really; you will take me for who i am. fuck the rest!

What criteria is applicable? I think most jumpers have your best interest in mind. Especially those who jump with you.

Why are you so defensive lately?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Re-read this when you're sober and you'll maybe understand how truly silly it is.:P
I'm saving our FB chat for the future, just like you did with Sangi. I'm glad you saved yourself n' all, and I hope I never have to post the conversation we had this evening.
You've hit that 200-300 jump Skygod status that a lot of us (including me) went through at some point. I hope you survive it.

Congrats on saving yourself, congrats on finding the main/freebag/keeping handles. Always nice when the training kicks in and you do what needs to be done!

i dont really know how to say this in english:

"ich werde sie in ihre schranken verweisen!"

:D:D:D

Bing translate says:
"I will refer in their limits!"

At least your mad skillz got you outta this one...Not understanding ones limits is deadly.

Too many do not know just how much they don't know but as long as they follow the old saying "Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse", a lot seem to get that wish. Stay safe VB... really.[:/]

tried to stabilize for maybe 3 seconds before i thought "FUCK THIS!" and pulled my reserve.. which opened PERFECT!

I'm not sure what all the deleted posts and replies were about, but it sounds like you did okay. Next time you chop, put your feet on your ass and arch while you cutaway. Then pull the reserve right away. Never trade altitude for stability, is my motto. Out of 10-11 chops, I've never been unstable when I've done this. Glad you did alright. It's nice to get that first reserve ride out of the way.B|

I'm not sure what the deleted posts were about either.

Were they a warning not to click on the video link originally posted?

Cos if you click it thinking that it's going to be the actual footage of the cutaway, then you are going to be very, very sorely disappointed.....(and for over 5 mins as well).

11850 posts, 1st chop. That's a pretty amazing ratio. :S
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

noticed that you deleted your profile jump information,
Are you getting tired of people pointing out your hypocrisy?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?