virgin-burner

i killed myself today..

>>if you are a true friend, you will not judge me by my words NOR by my actions
>>really; you will take me for who i am. fuck the rest!

>Re-read this when you're sober and you'll maybe understand how truly silly it is.

Indeed; the opposite is true.

An acquaintance will laugh at your jokes, shake their head at your misdeeds and think "well, too much trouble to talk to him about it." A true friend will kick your ass even if you don't like it. A very true friend might even do it often enough to save your life - even if all you ever give him is shit about it.

Sangi has, against many predictions, both survived his mistakes and picked up a lot of wisdom from them. Can you do the same?

are we going there again bill!?

i post about how i saved my life, and five posts down the thread turns into a shit-fest again; how about you do your job as a mod and stop this!? :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Good one VB.
you been awestruck for real... nice shake up eh??

It is an amazing thing how violent a pretty little canopy can be. Those things can beat you up... BAD ! ....just for making a little mistake.

Now imagine that happening low and to a fragile friend of yours ...for their first ever malfunction.

its not very phuckin nice...is it?

Hi VB

Glad to see you didn't really kill yourself yesterday:)
But

The way I'm reading your OP you pulled at 5k and we sitting in the saddle at 2.5K. IMO Thats way to long to go to plan B.

ITSOC i'd like to suggest you do some more time in a hanging harness and practice your EP's some more.

Not beating you VB, you know the deal. I hope this is a reminder to everyone. Before this type of EP's turns into a incident report.

K-RIP

>how about you do your job as a mod and stop this?

I recall not long ago you were doing the same to Sangi, and then congratulating yourself for doing it after he pounded in under a larger canopy. So I think I will apply the same standard to you as you applied to him.

>how about you do your job as a mod and stop this?

I recall not long ago you were doing the same to Sangi, and then congratulating yourself for doing it after he pounded in under a larger canopy. So I think I will apply the same standard to you as you applied to him.

Been lurking this Sangi / VB stuff; quite amazing that VB still won't allow himself to see it. Oh well. I predict it will either be a crater and a 'I told you so' that he hears, or a crater and a 'I told you so' that he doesn't... hoping for the former.

Also interested to note that there isn't a big point being made of:

- High rate of descent in the spin (high wingloading)
- Very shaken up jumper
- 2.5k feet to deal with a mal? At 'normal' opening height, that's a fatality right there

VB: no idea who you are or how 'good' you are at landing your canopy, but the the way you dealt with that mal shows how little experience you have - and that jump numbers and experience DO have a role to play. Even if you can carve the course on your rears, you still need to be able to deal with your chosen wingloading in a mal scenario - and experience of dealing with mals on more forgiving wingloadings willl help with that.

Experience and jump numbers won't guarantee you learn the lessons you need, but they will give you a much better chance all other things being equal.

So as dramatic as it sounds, I think I agree with you: you died. Do you see that? Or was it just a dramatic headline for your post?

Edited for typo
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

i post about how i saved my life, and five posts down the thread turns into a shit-fest again; how about you do your job as a mod and stop this!? :)

Listen to yourself, man.

Is everyone else who posts their concerns wrong? I very much doubt it.

Believe me I can understand your anger at all these people getting on your case when in fact you're doing just fine. I have been there, I have had those feelings...BUT... you might want to re-read your posts about Sangi prior to his accident and then think about his responses and what happened. He probably had the same leave-me-the-fuck-alone feelings and look what happened to him.

If you have nothing to hide, why all the deleted posts and profile-scrubbing? I think deep down you know you're wrong.

I fully expect you to either ignore this post or rant against it - that's your problem.

Glad you didn't ACTUALLY kill yourself.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Pack yourself a mal rushing to make a load and then come here patting yourself on the back about saving your life...:S Take it to bonfire...
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

well, considering i was looking at my alti first after i was checking for traffic, looking if i could lower the slider on that thing, at first releasing only one toggle (those things stick a lot better than actual mains), looking for my canopy because i believed it to be bye-bye for sure as well as my freebag, then deciding it wasnt worth going after it, and yes, i think i took a couple deep breaths too; that's a pretty good time.

obviously you havent read the whole post. that's ok! i wouldnt expect any less of most posters around here, and if they do, they probably ignore half of it and dont understand a quarter of the rest.

oh, and as for "normal" opening heights, 2500ft is moronic, imho..

as for shrubbing my profile, i dont intend to post here much anymore, simply because i'm tired of having to deal with retarded behaviour. as it is shown in this thread again in it's whole beauty!

and as i've said before, "listen to your instructors" as it is so often cited here, apparently, no-one has a problem on my dz with my wing, either they hate my guts, or, they think i'm competent enough. and so do i.

and really, that's it. that's my absolute last post on the subject.

have a NICE day! :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

well, considering i was looking at my alti first after i was checking for traffic, looking if i could lower the slider on that thing, at first releasing only one toggle (those things stick a lot better than actual mains), looking for my canopy because i believed it to be bye-bye for sure as well as my freebag, then deciding it wasnt worth going after it, and yes, i think i took a couple deep breaths too; that's a pretty good time.

obviously you havent read the whole post. that's ok! i wouldnt expect any less of most posters around here, and if they do, they probably ignore half of it and dont understand a quarter of the rest.

oh, and as for "normal" opening heights, 2500ft is moronic, imho..

as for shrubbing my profile, i dont intend to post here much anymore, simply because i'm tired of having to deal with retarded behaviour. as it is shown in this thread again in it's whole beauty!

and as i've said before, "listen to your instructors" as it is so often cited here, apparently, no-one has a problem on my dz with my wing, either they hate my guts, or, they think i'm competent enough. and so do i.

and really, that's it. that's my absolute last post on the subject.

have a NICE day! :)

Life really turned round for you in the last couple of weeks, didn't it?

Do you see that?

...i dont intend to post here much anymore, simply because i'm tired of having to deal with retarded behaviour....
...they think i'm competent enough. and so do i...

I'll take that as a "no".
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

This really bums me out. I've said before that this isn't about people giving you a hard time-- it's tough love because people try to look out for one another in the sport and do what they can to prevent another crater in the ground. Isn't that what you did for Sangi? Didn't everybody give you an 'attaboy' for it since it probably saved his life?

Just seeing your reply like this makes me sad. I really hope you're right with how confident you are in your skills. As others have stated, they just hate to see an incident thread like Sangi's, except in the parentheses it could say VB instead of Sangi (and worse...maybe even the name of whoever else got taken out with you). I just really wish you could see people are trying to help you. I know Sangi realizes it now. :(
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

well, i went to see my rigger today, brought him a bottle of good wine and watched him packing my reserve and chatted about lots of stuff, his method of packing, containers, malfunctions and what not. he even showed me a different way of packing my main than what i have learned. and i got to make a jump after that, just to get back into the saddle..

so yea, i'm not ignorant to tips or advice, i just prefer it in RL than from the interwebz..

that was really interesting! :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Hey Christoph. Glad to see/hear that you were this time, actually able to save yourself - from the bad situation you put yourself into! Whew. Pretty freaky/scary, huh?

apparently, no-one has a problem on my dz with my wing, either they hate my guts, or, they think i'm competent enough. and so do i.

What did Sangi's on-dz instructors and mentors think of him, flying on the canopy(ies) that he did, and (apparently too) "allowing" him to do so, until he pounded in? - Do you know?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I had a similar experience when I was a student. I was on solo status, but not packing my own chute yet. Had a lineover and started spinning since the right half didn't inflate.

Luckily I was on a student rig so I doubt my spin was as violent as yours. Also I was on a single handle system so I didn't worry about stabilizing myself before pulling the reserve. I pulled my reserve handle probably by about 3.5k and was able to keep both the reserve handle and ripcord.

I landed and got on the sunset load 15 minutes later. Later I had the rigger tell me that its almost impossible to pack a lineover so I probably didn't have one. I wonder if he still thought that after they recovered my chute. Good job getting back in the saddle!

Just curious as to why you would consider 2.5K a "moronic" opening height? I havent done just tons of RW, but when I do we almost always break at 4.5K...after a good track and waveoff that usually puts me in the saddle between 3K to 2K....

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Just curious as to why you would consider 2.5K a "moronic" opening height? I havent done just tons of RW, but when I do we almost always break at 4.5K...after a good track and waveoff that usually puts me in the saddle between 3K to 2K....

Because he's a hotshit HP canopy pilot, and ALL Hotshit HP canopy pilots open @ 5OOO, so that they can get the perfect "setup";)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Apparently someone at Sangi's DZ also thought he was OK under his Wing, and that turned out just great didnt it. He was spot on to trust those guys:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?