JohnRich

Skydiver featured in local magazine article

AFF to become teachers? Really? So I can teach anyone how to skydive right!? It's annonying how in the media, skydiving related activities never seem to be correctly described/explained. I understand it is a sport very few people know (I mean how it works) but come on a little research maybe?

Still pretty cool to get an article on skydiving! Thumbs up to the author for a great idea!

(sorry for my english)

AFF to become teachers? Really? So I can teach anyone how to skydive right!? It's annonying how in the media, skydiving related activities never seem to be correctly described/explained. I understand it is a sport very few people know (I mean how it works) but come on a little research maybe?

Still pretty cool to get an article on skydiving! Thumbs up to the author for a great idea!

(sorry for my english)

It's a good article. The media mess up just about anything technical in nature not just skydiving, I wouldn't sweat it.

I like the way it is birthday girls who go on tandems, certainly a nice bonus at the dz:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

So you could write an article about something completely foreign to you with no mistakes? You're too easily annoyed.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

(sorry for my english)

I think you missed something...

It's annonying how in the media, skydiving related activities never seem to be correctly described/explained.

:D:D Keep skydiving and you'll get used to it. It happens all the time. I can't tell how often I've been misquoted. :P

It's harder to misquote. Silence, ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hot damn. Not a perfect article technically, but it does a good job of explaining enough that someone can figure out that normal people can do it.

She behaves like a pro, and takes good pictures, too. I got to work with her on the articles for the Jump for The Rose events.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe I sounded like a dick which is defenatly not what I wanted. I wasn't talking about only this article precisely but more as why when ever I hear about skydiving (They spoke alot about it lately after an incident) in the media it always seems to be erroneous. I understand it is a technical sport but I don't seem to notice that much of an ignorance with other extreme and technical sports.

It was not criticism but more of a remark. Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. Sorry for that

Maybe I sounded like a dick which is defenatly not what I wanted. I wasn't talking about only this article precisely but more as why when ever I hear about skydiving (They spoke alot about it lately after an incident) in the media it always seems to be erroneous. I understand it is a technical sport but I don't seem to notice that much of an ignorance with other extreme and technical sports.

It was not criticism but more of a remark. Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. Sorry for that

Some people get very upset with the inaccuracies, I wouldn't worry about it. I see it all the time in other area's of my life. My favourite was a BBC news article that a "double decker" plan had crashed - it was a bi-plane!
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Thanks Wendy! Its funny how you can spoon feed the media exactly what you want, and how it should be written, but it always gets taken out of content now and then. For the most part Gail did a good job with only a few errors. It was a fun interview to do.

My favorite question she asked me, that was not part of the article, was "what is the most stupid thing you have heard a student ask?" My answer was, "on a clear day where there was not a cloud in the sky, the chick i was doing video for asked her instructor on the way up--'is it going to be sunny up there?'"
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me