jrmrangers

What do you do with your gear at a boogie?

So im planning on going to my first major out of town boogie in december and im wondering what you guys do with your rigs after jumping while partaking of the other boogie activities? Ill be camping in my tent and no car there to use either.
Wait , I pull what first?

Find a buddy, and stash it in his vehicle. There may be lockers in the loft or manifest shed. Call ahead.

This. And take the precautions I wrote about in Parachutist a couple of months ago.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So im planning on going to my first major out of town boogie in december and im wondering what you guys do with your rigs after jumping while partaking of the other boogie activities? Ill be camping in my tent and no car there to use either.

What boogie ?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Take a careful look around.
See who's the toughest MF, get him a bottle of his preference (may be expensive).

Now, when in good mood - ask him to sign your rig.
You should be able to sleep tight wherever your rig is.
What goes around, comes later.

Squeak, im heading to Sebastian for the Invasion Boogie in december. Dave, thank you, i actually read that article when it came out but im going to re read now that its right here for me!! Im hoping some of the people from Dz.com that im friendly with will help me out with the locking my gear up thing.;)

Wait , I pull what first?

Find a buddy, and stash it in his vehicle. There may be lockers in the loft or manifest shed. Call ahead.

This. And take the precautions I wrote about in Parachutist a couple of months ago.

Hi Folks

Back in the day we born abd raised in the bronx. So we almost have a six sense when things don't feel right. I'm sure AD and othe LEO's have developed the same skill.

A skydiver/jumper caught stealing is dead meat as far a jumping goes.:). If you see someone that doesn't belong, lurking etc don't be afraid to ask whats up.

I also suggest that if you buy a fist full of jump tickets, write your name on the back so no one else can use it. Just in case they accidently fall out of your kit.

Mcnasty's are everywhere but their are higher concentrations in certain area's especially those frequented by tourists.

BTW don't worry be happy!!!! It's a boogie and your supposed to have fun:)
R.
One Jump Wonder

Squeak, im heading to Sebastian for the Invasion Boogie in december. Dave, thank you, i actually read that article when it came out but im going to re read now that its right here for me!! Im hoping some of the people from Dz.com that im friendly with will help me out with the locking my gear up thing.;)

OK if you were at Eloy, Holiday Boogie i was going to offer my car to lock your gear. there's loads of folks on here from Fla, ask someone to help you out.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OK if you were at Eloy, Holiday Boogie i was going to offer my car to lock your gear. there's loads of folks on here from Fla, ask someone to help you out.

See you there squeak! i'll be staying at the skyrider inn and we have cars to leave our gear in. So i think i'll be ok.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Sadly cars aren't even safe. Last invasion at Sebastian, someone had their car broken into and a bunch of gear got jacked.

Let me catch some motherfucker doing that... :|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

oh if there is a god that guy will come back this year and we can catch him!! OOH the creative things id do to him would make him beg for prison!! hey SKi gonna have your cat there?

Didn't realize I had a cat?!?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I just rolled out of bed cut me some slack!! You could bring your cat too if you want i just want to use your car!!

I'll probably be there, not 100% sure though. Ask Jo, she will probably be there too, and since you've been sucking up to her.... :D

Jo is getting there the 29th im leaving the 30th. I might hit up Cyndi. Sucking up,, i thought i was wooing(have no idea if thats even i word):P

Umm... yer gonna miss the party. :|:D

I'll make it up to you when I get there! :) actually I didn't mention you by name but you were who I referred to in one of the first posts. I wanted to ask you before I put you on the spot in the forums!!

You mentioned me by name a couple posts up. :P I accept appoligies in the form of liquor and beer. :)