WooHoo

Help needed in Edinburgh

I am heading over to Florida for the winter (I live is Scotland), as I have some work commitments that will take me to Sarasota through to April. I used to jump in Europe and five years ago slowed down and eventually stopped, as jump buddies moved away and I had usually jumped overseas so did not have a UK DZ

I kept my brand new rig and even had it repacked fairly regularly, however it has not been touched in 18 months so I decided as I plan to get back in the breeze, to unpack the main and let it breath a bit. It came out like a brick, but I got it spread out and then kept it stored in a large black plastic garbage bag. However as I have to ship it out in ten days when I went to pack it properly ( i always sucked at packing - and needed a little help) I spent two hours, wrasslin this thing and inventing some new (and I think quite good) swear words.

So is there anyone in Edinburgh or near to Edinburgh that would be able to help me get this thing back in the rig, so I can ship it. I know I know.... pathetic ! but after all this forum is all about sharing and caring!!! I hope.

Any volunteers PM me,

thanks

Oh yeah beer etc goes without saying.

I am heading over to Florida for the winter (I live is Scotland), as I have some work commitments that will take me to Sarasota through to April. I used to jump in Europe and five years ago slowed down and eventually stopped, as jump buddies moved away and I had usually jumped overseas so did not have a UK DZ

I kept my brand new rig and even had it repacked fairly regularly, however it has not been touched in 18 months so I decided as I plan to get back in the breeze, to unpack the main and let it breath a bit. It came out like a brick, but I got it spread out and then kept it stored in a large black plastic garbage bag. However as I have to ship it out in ten days when I went to pack it properly ( i always sucked at packing - and needed a little help) I spent two hours, wrasslin this thing and inventing some new (and I think quite good) swear words.

So is there anyone in Edinburgh or near to Edinburgh that would be able to help me get this thing back in the rig, so I can ship it. I know I know.... pathetic ! but after all this forum is all about sharing and caring!!! I hope.

Any volunteers PM me,

thanks

not pathetic understandable you just need practice.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Any volunteers PM me,

thanks

Not pathetic at all. Around jump 40 for me, I did my first jump of the day and went to pack. Nope, wasn't happening. I got it flaked and cocooned easy enough, but I COULD NOT get it into the d-bag. I swear, there was a mental block that was keeping me from getting it right. After 4 tries I asked a packer to take care of it because I was just tired of trying. I had an older jumper come over, tell me to relax and take a deep breath, and then he proceeded to put it in the d-bag while showing me a different way to pack it. After that I jumped all day and was able to pack with no problems.

To this day, I use the way he showed me.