shah269

How do booties work?

How do booties work?
This is really a dumb one...but why is it when I'm wearing a suit with booties I can "push" so well. But when I'm jumping without a suit with boots I feel as if I have no traction.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Your an engineer, you figure it out :P

I think i'm over thinking it....can't see how an addition of what...4sq inches has that much more influence
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I think i'm over thinking it....can't see how an addition of what...4sq inches has that much more influence

You really think booties only add that surface?

My rough estimate is a triangle of 6 (front of foot) by 16 (leg) inches. That's almost 50 in^2 per leg.

So much for engineering emperism.
Remster

You really think booties only add that surface?

My rough estimate is a triangle of 6 (front of foot) by 16 (leg) inches. That's almost 50 in^2 per leg.

So much for engineering emperism.

And then think about the angle it presents to the relative wind that creates the forward drive.

Think of a triangle with your feet being A and legs B and booties C, now present that to the relative wind with and with out the booties.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Think of a triangle with your feet being A and legs B and booties C, now present that to the relative wind with and with out the booties.

Or even more simply, for the trig-illiterate, think of it as a matter of leverage. If your center of gravity (fulcrum) is near your navel, the longer the distance away from this point that you create extra drag, the more this drag will be multipied by the extra leverage. Longer lever = more effect.

I can certainly see how the addition of 4" would make a significant influence!!!! ;)

ha ha! that was good!

Hum well I was thinking ok from toe to knee it's a flat plane, so how does that "push" and "pull" so well?

I can certainly see how the addition of 4" would make a significant influence!!!! ;)

ha ha! that was good!

Hum well I was thinking ok from toe to knee it's a flat plane, so how does that "push" and "pull" so well?

The non engineer answer from a non engineer is: Surface tension. And, yes, an additional 4" is always welcome :$
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

How do booties work?
This is really a dumb one...but why is it when I'm wearing a suit with booties I can "push" so well. But when I'm jumping without a suit with boots I feel as if I have no traction.

Are you SERIOUSLY an engineer?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How do booties work?

Are you SERIOUSLY an engineer?

He must be, because every time he posts, we all say "SERIOUSLY??" :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Think of the level and fulcrum principle - it may be a small number of square inches, but it's way out on the end of your tippy toes.

Think of the level and fulcrum principle - it may be a small number of square inches, but it's way out on the end of your tippy toes.

yeah but the boots on the suit I'm using only add...at most 4sq inches to my feet. And the material from my knee to my toe is rather right so it really doesn't present to the wind.

I can see how boots help you turn, my god they do a great job at that....but how do they help push and pull us back?

yeah but the boots on the suit I'm using only add...at most 4sq inches to my feet. And the material from my knee to my toe is rather right so it really doesn't present to the wind.

I can see how boots help you turn, my god they do a great job at that....but how do they help push and pull us back?

You have obviously no clue as to what 4 in^2 is, nor do you care to read what people say....

Talk less, listen more.
Remster

A quick excel spreadsheet based on the Wikipedia formula gives >200Watts for the 4sq inches at 120MPh. That doesn't even take into account any fulcrum effect.

Interesting thought that at terminal velocity your dick can give you more than a 0.25hp (provided you have an erection):D

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Ah crap you are right....did the math....doooh!
Yeah just 4sq in / foot really does produce that much "power".

So....here is a dumb one.....if you were to jump with fippers.....would you have some bad ass tracking skills?
Just did some more math....wow tits....they sure due produce a good bit of power don't they? I wonder if it's different if they are real or fake?
Saggy or perky?

It's not just the extra area, it she shape and rigidity of the area that give you the power. add on top of that the ability to angle/rudder them into the relative wind for turns and the power and maneuverability can be very noticeable.

Keep the rigidity in mind when considering your question about flippers/tracking.

We had a girl who jumped with big fluffy duck feet for a Easter photo. She had a lot of trouble on pulltime because she couldn't stop the forward movement they created - OUCH on opening.

As to the flipper, recently I saw some shots on here somewhere with a couple skydivers dressed up as divers. Maybe there's video of that.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

We had a girl who jumped with big fluffy duck feet for a Easter photo. She had a lot of trouble on pulltime because she couldn't stop the forward movement they created - OUCH on opening.

As to the flipper, recently I saw some shots on here somewhere with a couple skydivers dressed up as divers. Maybe there's video of that.

We use to jump with flippers out at Elsinore years ago just for 'kicks'...yeah you can really track with 'em! B|

...even more so when ya add webbed gloves! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~