Genie

Dutch Skydivers, anyone anyone ?? Or skydivers in Amsterdam?

Hey all

Im a female Irish skydiver, who is going to be in Amsterdam on the weekend of the 18th of November. Original plans to meet up with someone, now look slightly in danger and having already paid for my flight I was thinking of going over anyway... and then it struck me to see if there are any nice Dutch Skydiving bods who might be around Amsterdam on the 19th and be up to having a couple of beers and sharing "No Shit! There I was" stories????

Actually you dont have to be Dutch - any skydivers who might be based in Amsterdam would be all cool n hoopy too :D

Hopeful thanks in advance

Genie - used to be rec.skydiving as Noelle, but thats a long time ago now ;D

You picked the wrong weekend ;) Next saturday all of the Dutch skydivers who have an instructor rating of one kind or another have a day of seminars in A'dam.

I know I'll be in Teuge the next weekend - Teuge is about an hours train ride (+ a short busride) I think, out of Schiphol Airport.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

ARGHHHH -Typical isnt it?? And i wanted to go this weekend coming, but the person i was meant to meet had something else on... Coz that would be one good night out in the Dam :D

Are there places to crash (aka sleep) at Teuge? and the possiblity of renting/borrowing equipment perhaps? Still trying to figure out what to do :)

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

Genie

Sleeping in the bunkhouse is 10 euro (bring your own sleeping bag).

We have 2 gear shops at our DZ and both have gear for rent ranging from student type gear to downsizing gear, so you can rent a 170 or 190.

Jumping is from 9 till sunset saturday, 10 till sunset sunday. 2 Grand Caravans and a bar, what more do you want :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Sounds great but i wasnt planning on bringing a sleeping bag.. but i guess i can :) necessary to book beds in the bunk house?

At least i now have some options so thanks for that :) Dont suppose its open friday night for bar and bunkhouse by any chance as well? :)

thanks Saskia, appreciate your assistance, more than I can say. :)

Genie

Yeah you should totally come to Teuge! Dutch weather is kinda shitty, but I guess it's not that much different in Ireland :D.

You can just take the train from Schiphol (Airport) to Apeldoorn, and from there there's a direct bus to the DZ (it only goes once an hour though..). You can pm me if you need more info on how to get there.

Edited to add: I don't think you'll need to book a bed, it won't be that busy I quess, but it won't hurt you to send them an e-mail to let them know you're coming. I don't think they'll be open on friday but you can mail about that aswell to [email protected].

Get the train from Schipol, some one will come and get me from the train station and organise sleeping arrangements for me?? Now that sounds about right for standard Irish Skydiving hospitality :D

The weed would be ok - except I'm a little worried that being dutch, when you say tons of weed, you mean metric tons :D

Hot, fit, sexy, skychick, check, check, check and check :D Well i would say that wouldnt i?? Havent had any complaints so far tho ;) Sky chick yes, skygod nooooo... :D Oh oh oh.. and i nearly forgot - ik spreke kleine bitsch nederlandese :D - does that help?!

thanks you guys, i really appreciate the options - and hey if your weather is like ours we can sit inside and use up those metric tons of weed instead :D

Genie

Argh!! Still dont know whats happening, and its looking now like I wont know whats happening til Saturday!! So.. bringing my license and a sleeping bag, just in case, and if meeting my mate doesnt work out I'll take a trip out to Teuge - thank you all for the suggestion, and hope i get to meet you all, if not this weekend, then one in the future maybe :)

Thanks!
Genie