mklady

Skydive Signs??

I'm pretty sure it's the guys from Russellville. I heard they're planning on setting up shop again and are pushing hard for holiday gift certificate sales. Hoping for a busy spring I would imagine.
Good luck to you guys. It sure can't hurt the sport to have the word Skydive out there so much!

NOPE! It is definitely NOT us. If it were us, I would probably be the one putting up the signs and I have not done any signs.
Plus, we do not sell gift Certificates anymore because there's so much fraud with the sLyride issue that we opted out of those.
I'll be in Nashville tomorrow and I'll keep my eyes open for any such signs.
It may be Mike Mullins or Cullman. I have not seen them as of yet, so I cannot say who it is yet, but I'll post a follow up if I can find out who it is.

Soooooo... no one would give a sh*t if it was you, Mullins, or Cullman? Is that what I'm reading? 4 people that have the terrible, soulless, and satanic reputation of mass marketing via bumper sticker, but everyone's panties are in a knot over chuck?

It was ME! I flew in from san fran just to paint the town red! I pulled them out of a fire I believe a skyride (and capitalism) hater set, and subsequently lit Nashville ablaze with my vengeance using nothing but scorched bumper stickers as my flaming battle axe. I'm suing for burned hands and the emotional distress caused by said burns by the way. Additionally I do not believe the bumper sticker bonfire was state regulated or sanctioned. I have pictures and I'm not afraid to use them!

Happy Holidays!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Soooooo... no one would give a sh*t if it was you, Mullins, or Cullman? Is that what I'm reading? 4 people that have the terrible, soulless, and satanic reputation of mass marketing via bumper sticker, but everyone's panties are in a knot over chuck?

It was ME! I flew in from san fran just to paint the town red! I pulled them out of a fire I believe a skyride (and capitalism) hater set, and subsequently lit Nashville ablaze with my vengeance using nothing but scorched bumper stickers as my flaming battle axe. I'm suing for burned hands and the emotional distress caused by said burns by the way. Additionally I do not believe the bumper sticker bonfire was state regulated or sanctioned. I have pictures and I'm not afraid to use them!

I believe a little lithium will bring things into better focus for you.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

I think he needs something to help him focus! That was a bunch of jibberish. I don't think I understood any of that? I could not find any intelligence in that statement at all! Maybe that's all part of the sLyride deception!:S

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Oh i'm seeing things perfectly clear now! pharmaceutical free!

I apologize if speaking in a figurative manner and utilizing symbolism made my message difficult for you to comprehend. I'll dumb it down for you:

Relax guys, it's some bumper stickers promoting a DZ. no one gives a sh*t unless ASC or skyride is involved, then suddenly the sky is falling... wait, that was more symbolism... i meant a small issue gets blown well out of proportion. Let some skydivers have a little sophomoric fun around town, no one is getting hurt and people are out just having fun promoting the sport.

I'd be rather surprised if the AG is jumping for joy when you bother him about bumper stickers... I'm sure that is his #1 priority.

I gotta catch a flight, talk amongst yourselves.

$13 full up in nor cal b*tches!!!
So there I was...

Bet you're right. Look at this link:

http://www.skydivenashville.com/pages/skydiving_nashville.html

The directions lead to Cedartown, Ga. :D

OMFG!! This would be funny, if it were not so SERIOUSLY EGREGIOUS!! :S>:(

From the "Skydive NASHVILLE" (is there even really such a place??) Website:
---------------------
Skydiving Nashville

Take I-24 east to I-75
Take I-75 south to hwy 113 (exit 288 Cartersville)
Turn right on Hwy. 113
Turn right on Hwy. 278 west
Follow Hwy. 278 for 6 miles
Turn right at the Airport sign (Airport Rd.)
Airport Rd. forks immediately, stay left
Skydive Nashville is 1/4 mile on the left

---------------------

Sounds pretty simple, right? Except if you take a little extra effort to look up those directions (which many just shopping for gift certificates on line or by phone I doubt may ever do) - you'd find this destination is NOWHERE NEAR NASHVILLE!! And heck - IT'S NOT EVEN IN THE STATE OF TN!! It's somewhere just outside of Atlanta, GA **(sorry, I'm not from the area. if this is in anyway inaccurate)** - According to Mapquest when I double-check it... OVER 3 and 1/2 HOURS by drive, approx 250 miles away!! :S>:(>:(>:(

Again - is there even at all, any such place as "SKYDIVE NASHVILLE" - as is on this website??

If not, and all the above is true, (anyone, please correct me if I am mistaken - I am not from the area) this is sad and pathetic indeed!!!

What if I were someone from even what I thought might be reasonable, but NORTH of Nashville by about an hour or so - and I fell for this? Oh man, these BUNGHOLES would not be able to deal with my wrath, if all this were so!

How can anyone possibly defend this, as reasonable? In ANY way??? :S

F-'in A!!! >:(

And I'd reply to Howtosee about the quip of "how bad can it be to have the word skydiving out there so much", with heck - in a light of such clear DECEPTION as that (ie such a BAD light) - Please, personally in that case then I'd rather not have it out there AT ALL!!
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

The only thing I can see that you said there that is correct is the part about no one gives a shit if it's someone else unless sLyride is involved. That is a true statement! We all know that if a person out riding around, sees one of those signs, and makes that call, the chances are about 99.9% that the person will get ripped off.
Where's the "Small issue" in that?

You can't reason with unreasonable people, and any sLyride supporter is an unreasonable person!;)

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Something I don't understand, or maybe I do, Why is it that sLyride owns/operates the the dz over at Clarksville, (even as bad as I hate the fact that they are there), their manager must still try to scam someone into buying a certificate? Is he so ashamed of the fact that he works for sLyride that he would try to make someone think that it was someone that's not involved.
I myself am proud to promote my DZ, yeah, a lot of up jumpers don't like my DZO, but that's only because he's a strong businessman. The only reason he don't care about upjumpers is because they, for the most part only want to jump and don't care about helping with the business by flying camera for Tandems, or getting an instructor's rating of some kind.

So why is Chuck ashamed to step up and tell someone that his company is advertising.
I'll answer my own question,,, BECAUSE THE ARE A SCAM!!!!!>:(>:(>:(

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Come on Chuck, get in here and answer the questions! You have still not answered why you tried to decieve that lady by telling her that it was Russellville instead of you that's doing the signs!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Bet you're right. Look at this link:

http://www.skydivenashville.com/pages/skydiving_nashville.html

The directions lead to Cedartown, Ga. :D

OMFG!! This would be funny, if it were not so SERIOUSLY EGREGIOUS!! :S>:(

From the "Skydive NASHVILLE" (is there even really such a place??) Website:
---------------------
Skydiving Nashville

Take I-24 east to I-75
Take I-75 south to hwy 113 (exit 288 Cartersville)
Turn right on Hwy. 113
Turn right on Hwy. 278 west
Follow Hwy. 278 for 6 miles
Turn right at the Airport sign (Airport Rd.)
Airport Rd. forks immediately, stay left
Skydive Nashville is 1/4 mile on the left

---------------------

Grant, you are a little bit late to the party by 6 years or so.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Just like I said in my earlier reply in this thread, I will be personally calling Asst. Attorney General Sidney Barrett first thing Monday Morning. I may email him the pictures first, then call him shortly after, just as reassurance.

I will also add a screenshot of Chuck's lie to the evidence that I will be sending. I am fairly certain that AG Barrett will find that info quite interesting to say the least...:)

LMFAO....Jeff, really? Are you kidding? "Evidence" In this internet forum? What do you do all day? I know you hate us and all but come on. It was pretty apparent to me that Chucks comment was a joke. As far as I know there is no jumping going on at russellville aka nashvilleskydiving.org. (You may need to correct your DECEPTIVE website. nashvilleskydiving.org is not the closest dropzone to Nashville.) If you have a problem with Ben and Cary that is fine. Personally, I jump in Clarksville every weekend. Im very sorry if it hurts your feelings that there is a busy turbine dropzone in your back yard that you and your buddy Matt Klein dont get to have your fingers in.

If you are the holder of all moral righteousness why do you continue to support a DZ that blatantly endangers peoples lives?

Quote from NTSB report for Cessna N299AA

After releasing skydivers, the pilot was descending the airplane from 11,000 feet and returning to his home airport. He utilized
carburetor heat while descending to 3,000 feet, and everything seemed normal during the approach to the 3,999-foot-long asphalt runway.
The bounced upon landing and the pilot initiated a go-around; however, the airplane experienced a loss of engine power during the initial
climb, about 50 to 75 feet above ground level (agl). The airplane then overran the remaining runway during the subsequent forced
landing. The pilot owned and operated the airplane since he purchased it in 2003. The airplane had not received an annual or 100-hour
inspection subsequent to the pilot purchasing it. In addition, the pilot did not hold an airframe or powerplant certificate; however, he
performed all of the maintenance on his airplane. Examination of the wreckage revealed that the carburetor heat cable and fuel sump
cable were disconnected, and most likely had been disconnected prior to impact. The examination of the wreckage did not reveal any other
discrepancies. Ten gallons of fuel were recovered from the right fuel tank and 7 gallons of fuel were recovered from the left fuel tank.
No contamination was observed in the fuel or oil. According to an FAA Carburetor Icing Probability Chart, no icing or light icing (at
glide or cruise power) was possible for the prevailing temperature and dew point.

You think that a DZ putting up signs in their market is deceptive yet you clearly support a dropzone that deceived and untold number of tandem students into thinking that their jump would begin with a ride in an "airworthy" aircraft. Jeff, your logic is amazing.

I don't even want to discuss your comment about how fun jumpers don't contribute to the "Business"

You are clearly not a Skydiver. How many jumps in 14 years? Despite all this nonsense you will always be welcome with open arms in Clarksville. I will even pay for your re-currency jump.

First thing, I don't need a recurrency jump, I get around quite frequently. I just jumped 2 weeks ago.
That's not important to this conversation.
The only thing wrong with my website is that it's not as pretty as sLyride's 1,000's of sites.
If you count mile for mile from the county line to your place verses ours, They are pretty much the same distance.
My website does not say anything about our aircraft nor the condition of, so there's no deception there.
My website DOES CLEARLY STATE our physical location.
Does your's? NO! >>>VIOLATION OF TENNESSEE STATE LAW!
Does your signs state your location, or at least give an idea of what State the jumping will be in? NO!
Did Chuck follow up with a "Just kidding" or something to rectify the deceptive lie that he told? NO!
Is the person that answers the calls from the customer in the local Nashville area? NO! >>>VIOLATION OF TENNESSEE STATE LAW!
After I responded to his comment that it was us, did he come back with a correction? NO!
Has he yet to jump in here and try to offer any kind of acceptable explaination as to why he did that? NO!
After I called him out, did he jump in and defend himself and/or the company? NO!
As I said earlier in this thread, being that he is the manager (Or whatever his title is) of a sLyride operation, that makes him a representative of that company, and he got in this thread and LIED in front of the whole world and showed that the sLyride scam is still going.

Furthermore, when I said more than once in this thread and others on DZ.com, If it were Mullins, or any other operation OR had sLyride not been the deceptive crooks, ie Chuck's LIE!, I would probably almost definitely be over there everytime the plane flies.
Myself nor Matt are opposed to a DZ being there. I think it can be great for the sport in this area, but because of the past and current ongoing deception, ie, CHUCK'S LIE! I don't have any plans to stop putting your (sLyride's) shit in the street!

The question I have for you is, Being that you (sLyride) have a DZ in Tennessee now, Why don't you go ahead and post your location on the websites?
All we ask is for your company to stop running the deception, ie CHUCK"S LIE! and tell people via ON YOUR WEBSITES straight up where you're at so they can make an educated decision on where they want to jump.
Besides all this, using someone's plane crash to defer the attention away from the real issue is not going to work.
I have never questioned your company's safety record with your planes, or your jumpers. I'm not the person that knows anything about that. And, you will not see anything about that subject on my Consumer Alert either.
In closing I will say this;
There's so much business here, that You guys, us, Cullman, Etown and Mullins should have no problem co-existing.
That's all I wanted to say, I'm off for the night.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

First thing, I don't need a recurrency jump, I get around quite frequently. I just jumped 2 weeks ago.
That's not important to this conversation.
The only thing wrong with my website is that it's not as pretty as sLyride's 1,000's of sites.
If you count mile for mile from the county line to your place verses ours, They are pretty much the same distance.
My website does not say anything about our aircraft nor the condition of, so there's no deception there.
My website DOES CLEARLY STATE our physical location.
Does your's? NO! >>>VIOLATION OF TENNESSEE STATE LAW!
Does your signs state your location, or at least give an idea of what State the jumping will be in? NO!
Did Chuck follow up with a "Just kidding" or something to rectify the deceptive lie that he told? NO!
Is the person that answers the calls from the customer in the local Nashville area? NO! >>>VIOLATION OF TENNESSEE STATE LAW!
After I responded to his comment that it was us, did he come back with a correction? NO!
Has he yet to jump in here and try to offer any kind of acceptable explaination as to why he did that? NO!
After I called him out, did he jump in and defend himself and/or the company? NO!
As I said earlier in this thread, being that he is the manager (Or whatever his title is) of a sLyride operation, that makes him a representative of that company, and he got in this thread and LIED in front of the whole world and showed that the sLyride scam is still going.

Furthermore, when I said more than once in this thread and others on DZ.com, If it were Mullins, or any other operation OR had sLyride not been the deceptive crooks, ie Chuck's LIE!, I would probably almost definitely be over there everytime the plane flies.
Myself nor Matt are opposed to a DZ being there. I think it can be great for the sport in this area, but because of the past and current ongoing deception, ie, CHUCK'S LIE! I don't have any plans to stop putting your (sLyride's) shit in the street!

The question I have for you is, Being that you (sLyride) have a DZ in Tennessee now, Why don't you go ahead and post your location on the websites?
All we ask is for your company to stop running the deception, ie CHUCK"S LIE! and tell people via ON YOUR WEBSITES straight up where you're at so they can make an educated decision on where they want to jump.
Besides all this, using someone's plane crash to defer the attention away from the real issue is not going to work.
I have never questioned your company's safety record with your planes, or your jumpers. I'm not the person that knows anything about that. And, you will not see anything about that subject on my Consumer Alert either.
In closing I will say this;
There's so much business here, that You guys, us, Cullman, Etown and Mullins should have no problem co-existing.
That's all I wanted to say, I'm off for the night.

Well, fortunately we're all acting like civilized adults and not whining. I, for one, am proud to be a part of this refined and sophisticated thread.

Did I just break a TN law by lying? Federal even? Is sarcasm illegal as well? How about lacking a sense of humor? Please, enlighten us!
So there I was...

Can someone answer why an operation would hold themselves out openly, advertised to the public as "Skydive Nashville" (http://www.skydivenashville.com) when only upon further investigation - (that if not done, otherwise clearly DECEIVES) it becomes evident, they are NOT?

Someone please show me a LEGITIMATE reason, or argument supporting how they can defend this? I'm all ears. "Late to the party" or not. :) I thought this was a CURRENT conversation, about CURRENT events/activities. ...Can I get a CURRENT answer?

Cheers All,
-Grant

The problem has been that up until recently they have never had to defend it. This has been going on for about 10 yrs unchecked for the most part. Yeah, a few DZOs on the east coast made a little noise about it to no avail and while the DZOs all over the rest of the country said,"Hell, that's an east coast problem. It's none of my business". :D:D

Goes to show, All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing. I bet there are alot of DZOs that wish they had never taken their first Skyride certificate.

Can someone answer why an operation would hold themselves out openly, advertised to the public as "Skydive Nashville" (http://www.skydivenashville.com when only upon further investigation - (that if not done, otherwise clearly DECEIVES) it becomes evident, they are NOT?

Someone please show me a LEGITIMATE reason, or argument supporting how they can defend this? I'm all ears. "Late to the party" or not. :) I thought this was a CURRENT conversation, about CURRENT events/activities. ...Can I get a CURRENT answer?

Cheers All,
-Grant

The current conversation is the old conversation. Nothing much has changed.
The few things that have changed were precipitated by the SDA v. SR lawsuit.
A few other things have been changed because of the settlement agreement between SR and USPA, but those changes are predominately related to web sites that purport to represent DZs in Arizona. Most of their other web sites are not abiding by the super secret SR v. USPA agreement. A complaint filed by a RD is still unresolved. He has told me that he has 'given up' on asking USPA to remedy the situation.

I was able to get SR to remove my copyrighted material from one of their web sites this summer. It took numerous emails to USPA and was done after deadlines were extended (by USPA). What should have only taken 30 days actually took almost 60 days.
I cannot tell you how I did that because - see avatar.

There are many other instances of use of copyrighted material still on the SR sites. I cannot tell the owners of the material how to remedy the situation because see avatar - btw that is a USPA imposed gag not SR.

A recent ruling by the State of Georgia is not effecting changes.
The order was dated Aug 18, 2008. You can look at paragraph 22 of that order and then go look at this web page and follow the links for driving directions.
The driving directions do not include the 'approximate driving distance'.
I cannot even call up the State of Georgia and tell them about that because - see avatar.

I think that if USPA members knew what was in the SR v. USPA settlement agreement, you'd have the heads of every person on the Executive Committee (EC). The EC and no one else from the BOD were the people that decided to enter into the agreement. On top of that the EC lied to the rest of the BOD on Nov. 28, 2007 and told the rest of the BOD that it was a 'done deal'. The fact is that the agreement was not signed until Nov. 29, 2007 and there was a 30-day clause to change the terms. The rest of the BOD was not informed about that part of the agreement. I have read the agreement (first time Feb 08, second time Jul 08), but still do not have a copy of it, even though I am specifically named in it. Oh yeah, my name was tossed into the cutout by another director, not SR, as told to me by two other directors.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Jan, I know you can't call the GA people, but I can and have. As I said before, I have spoke with them on a few occasions now, and a couple of things that I've already brought to their attention is the, what I call "Domain Laundering". I'm referring to the shifting of the domains to show ownership in Tennessee and Alabama. I have not checked for the other states, but I don't mind doing so. Just if someone would either pm me or post the states and domains here, I'll be glad to check them out. Or anyone can do a whois on any domain.
I have also let the Asst. AG Barrett know about the locations still not being on the websites.
I don't know how far we will have to carry things to get the sLyride scam stopped, but let's keep it going!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

nraines, you conveniently left out SEVERAL aircraft incidents that occurred at Skyride's DZs or involved Skyride's planes at other DZs piloted by Skyride-employed pilots.

It's a pretty good list. :P

You can't cast stones at other DZs without smashing through your own glass.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ooh, Ooh ...I saw it!! ...Does that mean I have to now pluck my eyes out? :ph34r:

Nope, tell the world. I wish I didn't have to work today, I could have saved it to an HTML file for future use. But, however, I am on Jan's team, so I would never do or say anything to discredit her in any way.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Jan has had my support, and my VOTE, for years. She still does. She knows that. I wish her post could remain. I understood it completely. I will not tell the world the specific direct content of her post at all. I'm sure she took it down for a good reason. Well, maybe not "good" in its literal sense, but I think you know what I mean. [:/]

I'd still like to see those like "howtosee", and "BDashe" answer my question as to how they DEFEND or somehow think they justify these clearly deceptive, and offensive on-going "business" practices. It really was not my intent to have either you, or Jan feel any need to try to explain these, or even address these any further. You have nothing related to this, to need to "answer" for.

JMHO, and "outsiders" observation, of course.

Blue Skies,
-Grant

It really was not my intent to have either you, or Jan feel any need to try to explain these, or even address these any further. You have nothing related to this, to need to "answer" for.

Further explain this part of your statement. I understood the first part and your support and praise for Jan as I share the same feelings, but the last aprt that I quoted here, somehow is a bit confusing. I did not understand if you meant for myself and Jan to explain or the other two users and Jan.
Absolutely no offense meant by my saying that.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org