mklady

Skydive Signs??

Has anyone seen these signs that I keep seeing in the Areas around Nashville?
They have a big word "SKYDIVE" on them and just below that is "Gift Certificates" and a phone number.
I live in Bowling Green and work in Nashville and I keep seeing those signs.
Does anyone know who is putting up these signs and who they are advertising for? It' don't tell where or who they are.
Does anyone know if this is those guys down and Tullahoma, Tn or those guys over by Russellville?

I'm pretty sure it's the guys from Russellville. I heard they're planning on setting up shop again and are pushing hard for holiday gift certificate sales. Hoping for a busy spring I would imagine.
Good luck to you guys. It sure can't hurt the sport to have the word Skydive out there so much!

I'm pretty sure it's the guys from Russellville. I heard they're planning on setting up shop again and are pushing hard for holiday gift certificate sales. Hoping for a busy spring I would imagine.
Good luck to you guys. It sure can't hurt the sport to have the word Skydive out there so much!

NOPE! It is definitely NOT us. If it were us, I would probably be the one putting up the signs and I have not done any signs.
Plus, we do not sell gift Certificates anymore because there's so much fraud with the sLyride issue that we opted out of those.
I'll be in Nashville tomorrow and I'll keep my eyes open for any such signs.
It may be Mike Mullins or Cullman. I have not seen them as of yet, so I cannot say who it is yet, but I'll post a follow up if I can find out who it is.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

what's the phone #? that would pretty much tell us.

Hey Keith, Is Jim posting signs in Nashville? He's got them, I didn't think about him, so that could be the answer. Ya think?
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

That is more then likely the Skyride guys. What is the phone number?

I've heard of them doing it in the past, but I thought that with all the litigation in AZ and GA, the Ga Court order and the new Tennessee law, They would not go there. But I was stupid enough to think that they would comply with the law and get their websites right, so, yes, it is entirely possible that you are right. I'll look for them in Nashville tomorrow and get on here and give the answer.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Yeah, I'm in Nashville for the holiday, and they are fucking EVERYWHERE.

Who's are they and where are they? If it's sLyride, I'll take pictures of them and list the locations and take that info to the Attorney General. They are in direct violation of the State Law if there's no location on the signs.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Ok, I was able to get the info that is on those signs, And I must say, they are everywhere!
The signs read like this;

SKYDIVE
Gift Certificates
1-800-505-JUMP
www.skydiving.com

That's all it says on the signs. Is there a company called just "Skydiving"?

The website lists 1.800.493.JUMP with an IP that returns to 66.223.16.236

Internic has the nameserver listed as NS1.FIRSTSKYDIVE.COM
NS2.FIRSTSKYDIVE.COM

and the definitive answer is............

skydiving.com IN SOA server: ns.skydiving.com
email: [email protected]
serial: 1161025885
refresh: 10800
retry: 3600
expire: 604800
minimum ttl: 86400

Keep on these quys folks. We'll get them shut down sooner or later.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Just wanted to add, to Chuck's reply, now that I know who you are with a little research, I see that you are still using your deceptive lies that you and your sLyride constituents have always used to decieve the customer in to believeing that they will recieve a skydive in places that they are not. You damn well knew when you made that reply who it was, so don't set there and try to fucking lie like sLyride does and say that it was anyone else other than yourself. But that's ok, You can do that, because I have a stack of business cards from the Attorney Generals in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and Georgia, so If you wish to keep scamming the customer and perpertrating your fraud, I will keep giving out those cards along with the information packet that I give out as well that clearly explains your scam.
I get about 6 to 8 people a week that got scammed by you people and the list is getting longer! So as long as you are there, I will be here to educate the public about your scam!
And furthermore, Your signs are a direct violation of the law and I am heading out now to take pictures for the Tn and Ga AG. And you may even know the Asst. Georgia Attorney General for the Georgia Supreme Court order, Sidney Barrett.
I have come to know him well. Go figure....

The moral to this is that by Chuck making that statement that it was soemone else doing the signs, shows that the sLyirde scam is alive and well and they are doing it right there in Clarksville!

I'm off here, I'm heading out to take pictures.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

You're right, they are everywhere! I went downtown and took about 60 pictures of over 40 signs in the Music Row area alone. I'm sure there are more! Just like their websites, when you think you've found them all, look again, there hundreds more than meets the eye. I am fairly sure the AG's will be delighted that sLyride is still violating state, and local laws as well as the Court order. Not to mention littering laws.
Chuck and Cary better hide their wallets because the next wave of restitution is on the way!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

yeah its a little like that, but they basically sell the gift certificates to anyone anywhere and only have 0-2 places you can redeem the gift certificates that are within driving distance to most people
and for more info just search skyride and you'll find plenty of threads about them

The first reply in this thread clearly shows how 1 800 Skyride works. The Person who started this thread simply asked a question about who it was that has the signs out, and the person by the user name of "howtosee" who is Chuck Owen, He is the Manager of the sLyride DZ over at Clarksville, TN. So, that being said, he is a representative of 1 800 sLyride, or they may even try to call themselves "Adventure Skydiving", But it's all the same company.
You will notice that in his response, he Lied to that lady who lives in Bowling Green and told her that it was the DZ in Russellville that was doing the signs. He was hoping that she would make that call and buy a gift certificate. Then the person who receives the certificate would call to try to schedule a jump, and then they are informed that they will probably have to go to Cedartown, Ga., But if that customer pushes the issue, sLyride might send them to Clarksville. slyride's main source of income is gift certificates that don't get redeemed, so they make it very undesirable for the customer to persue getting their services.
Being that he did try to commit the sLyride fraud right here in front of God and everybody AND By doing so, he violated the Georgia Supreme Court court order, and the Tennessee State Law as well, this brings back to the forefront that the sLyride Scam is very much alive and well! This is a solid example of how the sLyride Scam works and it does not seem to matter to them what laws they break and no amount of litigation, Court Orders, Fines, restitution and/or bad press has been able to stop them.
It will take all of os who are in the fight to stop sLyride to pull together as one to be able to stop them. Let's make it happen!
For more information, go to www.1800skyrideripoff.com

Making sLyride squirm, one day at a time!B|

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Let's make it happen!

That phrase....sounds curiously familiar....hmmm...
:D

Not so much directed at that website or the user. It was meant to make a point that we need to pull together more instead of a bunch of people with the same agenda not working together. There is strenght in numbers and we have the numbers, but numbers don't work so well as 10 or 100, they work much more effective as "1". The Army commercial don't say, "an Army or 1,000" it says "Army of one", So I think that's a good way of getting stuff done.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

You're right, they are everywhere! I went downtown and took about 60 pictures of over 40 signs in the Music Row area alone. I'm sure there are more!

About 6 to 9 years ago, there were hundreds of these signs up all over the Birmingham and central Alabama region, even before Skyride took over the Pell City DZ. There is a law against putting signs up on state right-of-ways, but there's basically no teeth to it, as the authorities don't really bother here.

I would be surprised if I don't hold the record for the most Skyride signs confiscated and burned. ;) IIRC, that number is around 80 signs. B|

Some of them were as high as 12 feet off the ground on the poles. I had to get up on the roof of my truck cab just to reach them. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, Well, Well, I guess I will just have to go and see if I can break your record! You don't mind do you? ;););)

Realisticly, Do you have any idea how many signs they usually put out?

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Realisticly, Do you have any idea how many signs they usually put out?

All I can say is, way too fucking many! :S But I'll tell you this, if Tennessee cracks down on these signs, Ben and Cary will have no problem at all throwing their employees under the bus just to save their own asses. Just ask the Alpharetta, GA authorities.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just like I said in my earlier reply in this thread, I will be personally calling Asst. Attorney General Sidney Barrett first thing Monday Morning. I may email him the pictures first, then call him shortly after, just as reassurance.

I will also add a screenshot of Chuck's lie to the evidence that I will be sending. I am fairly certain that AG Barrett will find that info quite interesting to say the least...:)

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org