Amyr

What is the hardest plane to jump out of for AFF?

Are you sure it is not the aircraft? Cause I think it has something against me. I see the way it looks at me the way it laughs at me.

I think we need Namowal to start doing cartoons of other students too!!!

(Ref: His cartoon series about his AFF journey http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4200405;)

>The AFF insturctor in the rear floater position has an easy job.

Yes - but the student doesn't. There's no clean launch position other than three floaters out, and getting a student into center float on a King Air is a lot harder than getting them into a crouch in an Otter door.

(Yes, there are other options that involve student partially in the door - but since one almost ripped the tail off our King Air I'm not too enthused about them.)

It's not the P206. That plane is almost identical in the climbout/exit as a 182, and the 182 was (and is) the backbone of the majority of DZs in the US. Countless AFF jumps have been from 182/206 without problems, it's not the plane.

this - a step and strut cessna is about the easiest exit (for the student) of them all

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>The AFF instructor in the rear floater position has an easy job.

Yes - but the student doesn't. There's no clean launch position other than three floaters out, and getting a student into center float on a King Air is a lot harder than getting them into a crouch in an Otter door.

(Yes, there are other options that involve student partially in the door - but since one almost ripped the tail off our King Air I'm not too enthused about them.)

I have got to agree with that point. after hearing Mickey Cottle's version of the story, I can understand why you dislike King Airs for AFF. King Airs were never the best airplanes for skydiving, but they are cheap.
When Pacific Skydivers leased a King Air, I asked the chief pilot why he did not lease a Caravan. He responded "Too expensive."
Three years after he crashed a King Air, guess what type of airplane he is flying?

the c-206 at my dz was really tricky for me i did my first 2 affs in a 182 and that exit was really easy. but the 206 has the door in the rear so there is no step to climb out on to hold the strut. on my first exit from it my foot got snaggen on the little step used to climb in my shoe got ripped of and it yanked my ankle alil caused me to loose one JM. i got super lucky cause my shoe flew back in the plane. i was super worried about my landin but ended up having my best one yet and landed nice and easy on my one foot.

but the 206 has the door in the rear so there is no step to climb out on to hold the strut.

You're talking about a U206 (utility) that has the cargo doors in the rear. The OP is jumping out of a P206 (passenger) which has the same door/step/strut arrangement as a 182. It's an honest mistake, and you are correct that the U206 AFF exits are more difficult than the 182/P206 AFF exits.

Arch the hips and not the chest...find a cloud, airplane or an instructor to fixate your eyes on. Thats what solved it for me. What you exit from, with or without relative wind matters less once you trust your ability to arch.

I find it hard to believe that you had a plane stalk you, especially in the wind tunnel, I think this must be your imagination..ay?? ;)

Thanks for the advice on the hips instead of the chest to arch out of plane. I noticed after you posted that even in practicing at home I was arching with my chest after the hop. As far as a plane stalking me no way would it be my imagination I tell you they are following me every where. Even the big commercial ones they all live right down the road at their hideout they call it I think a airport. They even fly over my house at night waiting for me they are signalling to the Cessna 206 waiting for me at the DZ. Now tell me its all in my head after those hard facts!

C-150's with the seat and the vertical (normal up and down) hinged door in place are pretty tough, especially when the pilot don't hold the brakes and the wheel rolls as soon as your foot makes contact.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Thanks for the advice on the hips instead of the chest to arch out of plane. I noticed after you posted that even in practicing at home I was arching with my chest after the hop. As far as a plane stalking me no way would it be my imagination I tell you they are following me every where. Even the big commercial ones they all live right down the road at their hideout they call it I think a airport. They even fly over my house at night waiting for me they are signalling to the Cessna 206 waiting for me at the DZ. Now tell me its all in my head after those hard facts!

Its obviously something going on between you and flying-machines..:S:P

The problem I had with chest-arching is that I ended up in a spin with legs floating unstable behind me. It took some video and the experienced eye of an instructor to figure out the problem.

Push pelvis and everything falls in its right place:D