GypsySkyy

Just expressing about my 1st jump

normal is a subjective term..;) the first time affects everyone differently i think, some have a very rational, logical response to pursuing skydiving as a sport and some have a very emotional response. and it definitely changes as your experience level grows and changes. breakthroughs in skill progress, malfunctions, scary incidents, and moments that take your breath away. it all becomes a part of you, even the not so pleasant moments. i got licensed this summer and have made 60 skydives so far...still a new love for me, relatively. but yes, not a day (hour?) goes by that i don't long for sky.

Welcome to the addiction! I did a tandem last October for a bachelor party , and I never looked back!! I try to explain to people that it's the most relaxing minute of my life and apoplectic think I'm nuts too!! Glad your enjoying it, save every penny you can all winter long and you should have almost enough money to get through next season.

Who are you kidding? You don't skydive. B|:P:D

Oh wait...that's me as of late...doh!! :|:S

Dizzy, I took my first jump on Saturday. Not only did I order the SIM the minute I got home from the DZ, I'm also reading Parachuting: The Skydiver's Handbook on my Kindle, and watching YouTube videos on everything from arching to packing. The winter will give me time to save money and learn as much as I can before I start AFF, but DAMN is the wait going to bore a hole into my patience. You are not alone.

Is it March yet?

Hi gypsyskyy

Yep it's addictive allright! I knew i would be addicted from the get go so i went straight to AAF, had no idea to what extent i'd be addicted! After that day haven't been able to think bout anything but skydiving, hell i'm even dreaming of jumping out of that C182.