patrickweldon

D B Cooper Found...

I know this is a dead thread because it's been proven that this was not his chute... but as far as the date on the chute, consider this...

Put yourself in the criminal's shoes. If you pull this off you're going to be $$$ richer... UNLESS you get caught. If you purchase a recently manufacturered parachute which you intended on leaving behind for a quick escape; it would be MUCH easier for the FBI to trace the origin of the parachute... Someone would have known someone that would have known someone who owned that chute... And it takes money to keep people quiet.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if an old parachute was chosen on purpose.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

I know this is a dead thread because it's been proven that this was not his chute... but as far as the date on the chute, consider this...

Put yourself in the criminal's shoes. If you pull this off you're going to be $$$ richer... UNLESS you get caught. If you purchase a recently manufacturered parachute which you intended on leaving behind for a quick escape; it would be MUCH easier for the FBI to trace the origin of the parachute... Someone would have known someone that would have known someone who owned that chute... And it takes money to keep people quiet.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if an old parachute was chosen on purpose.

I have a better idea. What if you demanded a parachute in addition to the money! That way, no one would ever be able to trace it back to you! The trail would end with Earl Cossey! Plus, you'd save on expenses!

Mark

I have a better idea. What if you demanded a parachute in addition to the money! That way, no one would ever be able to trace it back to you! The trail would end with Earl Cossey! Plus, you'd save on expenses!

Mark

...isn't that what really happened? I thought it was. Sorry, I didn't feel like reading the whole thread.

Why not move this discussion to the DB Cooper thread in the Skydiving and History Thread?

IF DB Cooper was still alive,
AND found that thread in SH&T,
THEN he has long since died from boredom.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I for one would love to see this mystery finally solved

Not me, cause that would mean either he is dead or they catch who he is and then that takes the mystery away.

This post is not a joke and I could prove about any aspect of it.

I could solve the mystery of DB cooper.. I met him at Sheridan Oregon where I worked as a JM. I chewed him out for getting too close to a prop and told him "Over by the loft would be a good place for you."

I felt bad for growling at him and landed right in front of him after the jump. He asked me to talk to him for a minute so I did. He took out his wallet and behind the lining he had an old piece of paper folded up and said "Here, this is for you. I made a jump one time."

I unfolded it and it was a photo copy of a newspaper article about DB cooper with two short paragraphs. I read it and said thanks and turned to walk away. He said "Look at the picture" which was a composite sketch and I said OK. Then I turned to walk away and he said "Look at the eye" I did and the next time I looked at him I noticed he had sagging skin under his eye just like the drawing.

I said "No way..." and he said yep. Then he told me to keep it to myself. I said to him "Let me put my gear away and let's talk for a minute." He agreed and we sat down at a picnic table in front of the loft and I asked him to tell me the story and he told me the story in full.

The follow is what he told me and I have a fairly unique ability to recognize lies and truth. I am a very gifted psychic on top of that and he was not lying. People that know me know that about me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The following is SOME what he told me that day to the best of my recollection. I am going to leave out parts since there is probably some reward money still out there and I may pursue it since I am pretty broke these days:

Some of the money had been found on the bank of the Columbia River and I asked him how it got there.

DB Cooper stated "I was looking down and the sky was mostly cloudy and I saw what I thought were the lights of Portland and I planned to jump over Portland. I was wrong about the lights, they were the lights of Vancouver.

The parachute was a round parachute not like the ones you jump these days. When I landed, I landed near the shore of Vancouver Lake. The bottom was mud and I was up to my knees in mud and up to my chest in cold water. The water was cold and I was cold from the jump and in the process of getting out of the gear I lost track of the money."

When I asked him how the money got on to the bank of the Columbia River, DB stated “Vancouver Lake had been dredged years later and the mud had been piled on the Bank of the Columbia River nearby.

I asked him how he learned how to rig the door of the plane and he also disclosed that. I interrogated him for about 15 minutes and he had a plausible answer on the tip of his tongue every time. When I asked him what name he goes by these days, there was a 3 second pause and then he gave me an answer. That was the first and only lie he told me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I checked to see if that dredging story was true about 4 years later when I lived near Vancouver Lake and the locals said it had been dredged.

DB Cooper told me far more but if I revealed it, this case could be solved in 1 day and I would lose the reward.

Soon after that first and only meeting with DB, I called the FBI and tried to negotiate surrender in exchange for his freedom since he was old and it had been so long. The FBI had me talk to the US Justice Dept. in Washington who gave me the retired FBI agent in charge of the investigation's home phone number in Roseburg Oregon. The US Justice Dept. was rude beyond belief and refused to discuss amnesty so I had no further use for them.

I called the retired FBI agents phone and told him my story and shared SOME of what DB cooper had told me. The retired agent was not a good listener and had already decided he was dead even though there was no evidence of that.

I have a complete disdain for magical thinkers and do not trust them as far as I throw them so I got off the phone. About a year later I gave the paper DB had given to me to a friend for safe keeping and told him the story while I watched him place it in a file folder and in one of his file drawers.

That is the last I thought of it until today. My sister suddenly died and I wanted a quick investigation into her death since some papers she carried with her everywhere she went were missing. She was found dead in her car in the parking lot. The papers could be worth 5 million over 20 years if a person was to forge some signatures.

Her body was to be cremated and I needed someone to stop that cremation if it had not happened yet to determine if there was foul play. I called the Billings PD and spoke to some of the dumbest humans I have ever tried to communicate with. (Clearly something in the water - no joke, it is all of them I talked to.)

Then I had the idea of calling the Billings FBI office and tried to make a quick deal to stop that cremation if it had not happened yet. The FBI agent was no different than anyone else I spoke to in that brain dead town and claimed he did not have the power to ask for a short delay of a cremation for a few hours until someone could investigate a broken lock and missing papers on her apartment.

I told him "If you are not going to help me, I am not going to help you." He replied "Good luck" and we hung up.

So you see, it is no wonder they didn't solve this mystery. The magical thinking of belief and disbelief, entrenched in positions revealed complete madness even though I have offered the physical evidence (DNA and finger prints)

Well the plot thickens here. Not only did the person that handed me that paper match the sketch in the newspaper article right down to the deformity under the eye, he told me about something written on one of the parachutes that made me laugh.

Here is where the plot gets real thick. Since I worked for Ted at the DZ, I told him about it and he told me that he had supplied the FBI with around 7 parachutes and that there was something written on one of the parachutes. Ted told me to keep it to myself since only he and the FBI knew that and I did.

The proof that it was DB cooper is that he could have not known that information written on one of the parachutes. He even knew the colors and Ted had mentioned that. A chill ran down my spine because I knew I had just talked to DB Cooper.

Now if you were an FBI agent on this investigation, you could easily validate much of what I have just disclosed. Give me a huge reward [TAX EXEMPT as I don't trust the IRS, the FBI or any government agency) and 2 agents and I can solve this mystery in a single day.

I have little doubt he is dead since he was an alcoholic and getting old at the time.

I am a very gifted psychic...

Probably not something you would want to include in your first ~:D~ post to the website...not that there would even remotely be any creditability issues with you or your story of dumb cops, dead relatives, forged paper$, tax free rewards, having tea with ole D.B., and of course the lost loot & those dreadful 'muddy waters'. :)

But.....If you were REALLY 'a very gifted psychic' You would already know that as of a couple days ago the feds are closing the case, they 'have found' Mr. Coooer....and guess what, his name WAS Cooper!

If ya have ANY kind of psychic abilities what so ever you would have simply done what all of US 'true' wizards & witches do...ROCK the Lotto numbers a week early, and retire! :$;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~