wildWilly

Dave Brown Missing

Nope, I am not. Dave and I met in 1999. We go way back! He needed help, we gave him a job, food, place to sleep, anything he wanted. He just left one day and that is it. End of story.
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

A message from Dave's family:
by Wen Dee T on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:02am

Our family confirms the finding of the remains of our son, brother, cousin, and nephew in Moab. We are devastated by our loss of such a gifted young man. Special thanks to Moab’s Chief of Police, Mike Navarre, and his staff for their tending to us and Dave as a missing person. We also thank the volunteers at Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs, Dave’s many friends far and wide, and Ryan Shaw and his students at Paradrenalin for their extraordinary efforts in searching for Dave. Dave’s loved ones had not heard from him since June 29. On October 23 a hiker found remains in the mountains surrounding Moab. On October 26 Chief Mike confirmed that the remains belong to Dave. We treasure the concern and best wishes of so many young people that were touched by Dave’s smile and sense of adventure. Private family funeral arrangements are in process. Please respect our need to grieve our loss within our immediate family. Blue skies, Dave. You are so loved and your incredible zest for life will be missed.

Performance Designs Factory Team

The following is from facebook.

Our family confirms the finding of the remains of our son, brother, cousin, and nephew in Moab. We are devastated by our loss of such a gifted young man. Special thanks to Moab’s Chief of Police, Mike Navarre, and his staff for their tending to us and Dave as a missing person. We also thank the volunteers at Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs, Dave’s many friends far and wide, and Ryan Shaw and his stu...dents at Paradrenalin for their extraordinary efforts in searching for Dave. Dave’s loved ones had not heard from him since June 29. On October 23 a hiker found remains in the mountains surrounding Moab. On October 26 Chief Mike confirmed that the remains belong to Dave. We treasure the concern and best wishes of so many young people that were touched by Dave’s smile and sense of adventure. Private family funeral arrangements are in process. Please respect our need to grieve our loss within our immediate family. Blue skies, Dave. You are so loved and your incredible zest for life will be missed.
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

Do they really think that the guy who owns the property his camper was parked on is a person of interest?

no I don't. I just posted the link for this missing person site and then someone posted anonymously right after on that site and I don't know who that is.

Quotes:
1) "Death of skydiver probable suicide"
2) "Moab Police Chief Mike Navarre says a medical examiner believes 37-year-old Dave Brown
killed himself. The chief says Brown was on a hike June 29 when he fell about 300 feet."
Strange choice of words. "Fell" implies an accident, whereas "jumped" would have more aptly described a suicide.

I think they were just trying to be polite and not just come out and say he jumped off a cliff.

Could be. But it also sounds like the police chief is disagreeing with the medical examiner. They ought to all be using terms which support the official finding, if that's what they truly believe.

as the story says, there was no note.

re; falling/jumping...

people jump out of planes all day long, but news reporters say "fell to his death" in most stories.

It is not known for sure if he jumped, but it is known for sure that he fell, whether it was intentional or not.
And no, I do not believe Navarre is disagreeing with the medical examiner.

It is tragic in any case. Investigators look at facts such as: left wallet and ID at home, Did they take a cellphone ? Take some coins for using a phone if need be ? did the person go on solo hikes as a rule ? at night ? ( if it was night ). Did they climb up onto something with no climbing gear such as ropes, or gloves, in a situation that might be totally foolish if one planned on surviving the hike. Circumstantial evidence to be sure. I have seen this stuff in skydiving with someone that I knew well.
Not speaking to details of this loss, as I don't know.