airtwardo

USPA's "Championship" Demo Team?

Since it appears that the BOD really just wanted to get a company like Red Bull to sponsor the competitors, why didn't they just start a letter writing campaign?

Better yet, when some DZ's tried to attract corporate sponsorship for Nationals, why didn't the BOD step out of the way and let it happen?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Jack,

A list of other parachute team attending International Council of Air Shows this year.

1. Golden Knights
2. Leap Frogs
3. USASOC Parachute Team
4. E-Team Skydivers
5. Misty Blues
6. Golden Wings Parachute Team
7. US Air Force Academy Blue Wings

That pie is looking smaller.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Better yet, when some DZ's tried to attract corporate sponsorship for Nationals, why didn't the BOD step out of the way and let it happen?

An even bigger head scratcher is why are member of the US team not allowed to display any sponsorship logos when at the Worlds?
Remster

The funny part is, like I stated above, they're not just looking for sponsors for a demo team. They're thinking they can establish a demo team so good, so in demand, with such a high public profile that some corp somewhere is going to sponsor both the demo team and the US Team.

It's exactly that type of thing that has me wondering just how much thought went into this.

I've performed with several corporate sponsored teams, the sponsorship in limited to say the least. What they usually do is offer 'X' amount of $'s for a show that is often dependant on the number in attendance of that particular venue.

What the sponsorship often times does is merely lower the amount the team bids to perform at shows, allowing them to lessen the cost to the promoter and contract more venues. Yes more work means more money, but I really can't think of any PRO demo team members paying the mortgage with profits gained from performing.

To speculate that a sponsor(s) will fund a team to the extent the USPA hopes, is in my opinion unprecedented, unrealistic & unfounded.

Perhaps in theory storming the air show circuit with a team of 'Champions' might sound like a positive marketing tool...spun the right way so interest could be generated.

However to the best of my knoweldge, 'in theory' & 'could be' are never in a realistic & sucessful business plan.
('Mirror Image' tried it years ago~ask 'em how THAT worked out for them.)

But in reality, they say they are not going to use only 'champions' and the fact they don't at this time anyway, have an established act with past references is asking a corporate sponsor to be as fiscally irresponsible as the USPA seems to be with this.

In essence they will attempt to market a performance not yet showcased, performed by a rotating group of players to be named later...with an actual goal of generating funding for a separate corporation & not related in anyway way to the air show circuit.

It's a shot in the dark to say the least, with IMO a best case scenario of generating 'possible' positive return on investment quite some time down the road and only if absolutely 'nothing' goes even the slightest bit wrong.

All the while negatively affecting to some extent, 'all' members of the organization that won't benefit from the US PARACHUTE TEAM fund.

Can you just imagine going to the bank to borrow money to open a car dealership in a bad economy and overly competitive market,...so that you can sell automobiles that haven't been built or tested, using people with no sales experience that will work for basic expenses...with a goal that some rich guy will walk on the show room floor and give you a pile of money...so that you can in turn give all 'profits' to a NASCAR entity...telling the rich guy, he can't even have his name on the car when it races.

I'm surprised investment bankers at lending institutions aren't tearing down the doors to get at this one! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Jack,

A list of other parachute team attending International Council of Air Shows this year.

1. Golden Knights
2. Leap Frogs
3. USASOC Parachute Team
4. E-Team Skydivers
5. Misty Blues
6. Golden Wings Parachute Team
7. US Air Force Academy Blue Wings

That pie is looking smaller.

Sparky

To clarify, that's only the list of the teams attending the convention, a considerable number of other teams have fallen back to utilizing print advertising in the air show publications, the Internet and direct mail proposal packages because of the cost/benefit in regard to attending the convention.

...as I said earlier, self funded teams end up basically doing a show or two just to pay for the cost of attending the convention.

Take a look at the list of teams attending, consider the number of privately owned, non government subsidized teams there...convention cost is a major factor, and most people can't get an unsecured 'investment loan' to go. :|

Trust me, show organizers recognize that and hire outside the convention as well. In my experience it's a track record of safe & entertaining performances that make up the best and most successful marketing. Having that AND attending the convention is fantastic, just doesn't always make the best business sense for every team.

The convention IS unquestionably a good place to try to break in to the big-time...usually the teams attempting that have a track record of successful performances prior to attending however.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of marketing and promotional materials will be used to advertise a team that's never done a professional demonstration jump...I doubt they will infer the contract down payment will be used to set up a demo 'training camp' for the un-designated 'performers' to attend. :D;)

An even bigger head scratcher is why are member of the US team not allowed to display any sponsorship logos when at the Worlds?

The answer to that question brings me a point I've been waiting to make.

The reason they don't display sponsors at the World meet is that they are not competing as the sponsored teams they were before being selected. They are competing as the US Team.

That brings me to my point. My idea to raise sponsorship money for the US Team is simple. Don't re-invent the wheel. Get the same kind of companies that sponsor teams now to sponsor the US Team. If PD, Mirage, Cypress, Tony, and everyone else beats the doors off the hinges to sponsor teams that are trying to become the US Team, I bet they would be equally ready to sponsor the teams that get selected to BE the US Team.

After all, who better to benefit from such sponsorships? Let's face it, folks. Coca-cola, Apple, and McDonalds couldn't give a rats butt about micro-sports that get scant media attention. That's not going to change anytime soon. But gear manufacturers have a well-established pattern of sponsorships and do so for a very good reason - putting their gear on champions drives sales.

The program would be easy. Accepting a position on the US Team would come with the obligation to accept the sponsorships that are sold to support the team. Once the world meet season is over, the athletes would be welcome to go back to their old sponsors if those sponsorships are still in effect.

An exception could be made for competitions that are by their nature gear-specific like swooping. It wouldn't be safe to ask a swoop competitor to switch canopy brands after training on a different one. Beyond those exceptions, competitors would be compelled to jump the sponsor's stuff if it was part of the deal.

USPA claims that the motivation is to help the team financially, so sponsorships could be sold that include cash, or also be just gear sponsorships.

Cypress $1300, rig $2300, 2 canopies $3000. Go to the world meet, come home, and sell the gear to jumpers for $6600 +/- total. That's plenty of money to get a guy to the world meet with money left over.

And how do know it would work? It already does for national level teams and even some that are just trying to be.

It's called best practices, USPA. Give it a try sometime.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Hi OP and everyone else.

I'm a x jumper, retired, and old.

Imo there are some kick ass commericals on T.V. that feature skydivers.

One is a net 4G commerical thats computer generated featuring 2 jumpers in free fall using their cell phone with a app for making hotel reservation or something.

By the time they land the reservations are made and they land in recliners at pool side with their gear on.

I've recently noticed another commercial with what looked like real jumpers with the full face helmets all decked out in black includeing the visors, tail gateing out of a acft with some kind of a glowing globe in their hands.

Blue screen? Hollywood special effects? I don't have a clue and never even picked up on what they were advertising but it wasn't skydiving. :)
Coca-cola (French) actually sponsored a french all women 4 way team. I ran into them at Deland, I think their sponsor payed the bill for practicing all winter includeing their coach and who knows what else.

The nice french ladies didn't have a attitude were B|enough to pose for a pic with me in middle they were wearing at least their red jumpsuits and maybe even their rigs. Thate were manufactored in deland and it wasn't RWS.

To bad so sad I don't know how to post the pic and I might have even asked them to sign my log book, but I'm to "busy" to check my log book. Maybe 1980.

There are people in the skydiving industry, like the dude that runs deland, that know about the CoKe french team, and I suspect BJ worth and Norm Kent type people know about these commericals.

Mr Spot aka DSE mabe at that level with his connections in the video world.

You all are doing lots of posting on DZ.com about the USPA's latest back door "good faith effort" to represent the membership. But I'm not seeing many hits on your posts.

Writing letters might make you feel good, IMO they may just end up in their files. The big round one.:o

Don't let me discourage you but after 25 yr's working for the feds at a low level nothing surprises me.

You all are "confusing the issue with the facts" the decision has already been made and it sounds like the $10k has already been spent.

" if you work it right you might be able to make a difference if you keep on digging and get down and dirty with the head shed. When was the reservations made for the booth at the airshow convention before or after the letter was published in USPA? ETC etc.

USPA staff time costs $$$ I'm guessing the real cost is > than $10k.

Best of luck guys and gals, don't give up, think outside the box. It's nothing personnal USPA is what it is.

R.

R.

One Jump Wonder

Am I the only one that reads this watered down as "tough shit, we're doing it anyway and this is why".

I say it will impact existing PRO demo jumps.
>:(

time will tell I guess :|

Yeah I've made my argument, voiced my concerns and gave an opinion.

I too feel it will impact existing PRO jumpers, I firmly believe the USPA could have done something with a much greater and immediate effect regarding their goal...possibly even in the demo vain, had they given it some thought, some research and utilized the think-tank resources of the demo jumping members themselves to discuss an approach.

The 'memo' kinda smacks of a smoke & mirrors afterthought, less than adequately addressing concerns raised here, with some C.Y.A. rationalizing of a course that obviously wasn't real well plotted out.

I've looked deep into a lot on this... numbers, people involved, stated plans regarding bringing it to fruition.

Maybe it's just me but I see more holes than a mesh slider.

I guess I just don't understand the process on stuff like this.

~ that being said...I'm first and foremost a USPA member, I get disgusted with things at times but as always I'll hope for the best.

I salute the BOD for their dedicated service to the sport, I don't agree however with 'em in this instance about what they want to do.

As illustrated in the thread above, I & many others think it's a slap in face to the pro demo community both in what and how they're doing it.

But it is what it is, so fare thee well on this adventure USPA.

I guess we'll pray for the best ...and plan for the worst, if nothing else there should be more than average motivation to pull this rabbit out of the hat.

~A whole lot of us are watching pretty close, and we aren't really impressed much with smoke & mirrors! ;)

When I finished reading the blog I felt like was a ten year old kid. I was patted on the head and told to run along now, the grownups with handle this. I didn’t like it when I was ten and I don’t like it now.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hi Mr Sparky

How are you today:)
There are lots of different ways to use the english language to brush people off.

1) Sorry he/she is in a meeting

2) I'll look into it and get back with you.

3) Don't confuse the issue with the facts, we're here to make a decision.

4) I hear what your saying and I understand your concerns

In the real world when I here this crap I just take my business some place else. Do they care? Hell no there's always another customer that will put up with poor service.

In a dictatorship/monoply your screwed.

At least the people that took the effort to write a letter to USPA and complain have earned the right to whine.

R.

One Jump Wonder

I re -read the blog in the USPA Update. I noted:
"...we'll "run"(read: pay for) a training camp to practice all the elements...flag jumps, pyro..." On what money will the camp be run? Guess: It will be more of your membership dues. Who will buy these flags and flag setups? Guess: More of your membership dues. Who will pay the per diem expenses for these "champions" who will attend these camps? Guess: More of your membership dues. Who will pay for these practice jumps? Guess: More of yourmembership dues. Pay for pyro to practice with? Guess: more of your dues money. You watch. Next expense will be someone to run this team, let's call that person a full salaried Demo Director. Who pays? More of your dues money.
The expenses are just beginning. Motel rooms, rental cars. It goes on and on. If you are a present pro team owner or member, can you give me an estimate of the total of these anticipated costs of this camp and the expenses to equip, train and provide travel for this "Championship " team?
I'm guessing the $10,000 already advanced will not even begin to cover the costs of the ICAS booth and the persons to get there and meals AND this "steep learning curve"camp, the flags, pyro, etc.., much less get a team funded and going.

OK you team owners. Please start estimating.

I hope the accounting for this program is segregated, and all of the expenses of this idea are tallied separately, and not buried in some general USPA line-item, where no one can determine the true start up costs for this camp, for equipping the team, the time expended by USPS employees, the "promotional materials" the booth at the airshow itself, well, the list goes on. When corporations want to hide true expenses of a project, they hide the majority of expenses in the general compnay expense report under items such as: as "Travel","Meals" "Supplies" "Equipment" yadda yadda. Will this happen here? Hope not.

So, you experienced team owners and members, please tally up these anticipated expenses for all to see. Go ahead and low ball it. Then we will be previewing the hemorrage of our dues money over the next few months. Before even one show is booked or paid. Oh. Don't forget to add in the ICAS booth and the hotel and travel and meal expenses of the USPA dudes that will be attending ICAS.

This adventure is going to cost a lot, and airshow sponsors don't pay very much. In my opinion, finacially it is guaranteed to fail. ( Oh yeah- I forgot. This USPA Chanpion Team is going to get a big sponsor in the distant future and make it all right for us members. Sure it will.) Finacially it will not work, except as an annual continuously subsidized entity. As a member. I do not approve of paying subsidies for this year and for every year for this idea to play itself out.

If it doesn't pan out, are the creators willing to fall on their own swords?

Well...I know how much an average air show pays, and I know how much it takes to put on a respectable performance.

I don't see the profit available to reach the goals USPA has stated.

It's a pretty tough row to hoe going into the air show season without an established act, without a team. What the 'Championship' team has, is a basic thumbnail of what needs to be done...I don't think it's based on reality.

I sat through a handful of ICAS seminars regarding sponsorship, in each and every one the speakers flat said it's a long, hard, nearly impossible struggle. They give you ideas on how, and tell personal stories...not one had any kind of success until makin' their bones by performing 50-100 shows.

It's pretty basic, you have to have a product to sell the sponsor...a recognized and popular act.
You HAVE to be able to show hard numbers as to what you have done and in front of how many people.

I don't know, maybe the USPA hasn't been able to get US Team sponsorship in the past because they aren't jumping through the right hoops.

On sponsorship...the most popular and successful air show performer is Sean D. Tucker, great guy I've know him since he started air shows. He broke in back when it was a lot easier then now.
I remember the first couple seasons Sean was tearing up the circuit with his high energy act, doing things very seldom seen at the time...couldn't get a sponsor.

After beating every bush imaginable for a couple years, Sean finally got a name to paint on his plane~ Randolph Sunglasses.

That was it, the only one offering cash money...and it wasn't from what I heard, very much. I distinctly remember Tucker having to stand in a booth for several hours a day personally selling those shitty ray-ban copies. That sponsorship lasted just about one season.

He went back to the bushes and came up with 1-800-Collect. I think they at least covered enough expenses he could just fly air shows, and not have to keep running back to CA. so he could crop dust and feed his family.

It wasn't until 6-8 years in the business the top performer out there got the 'outside' backing needed to run the type of operation he has.

Skydiving air shows?
I've worked to get sponsorship, and yes it can be done. Target who you want to go after, have a business proposal stating how many people you perform in front of a season. Compare that (hopefully) favorably to what they currently spend to reach that exposure number, and tell them everything ELSE you plan to do to promote their product. They usually will give you a little something up front and then pay you per show according to the size.

I jump on occasion with 3 different corporate sponsored parachute teams, I know what they pay and how they work their deal. Trust me nobody managing one of those teams is taking out 10,000 loans secured by the profits of corporate skydiving.

You asked about the camp, I don't even want to think about it...

I know the average air show pays a parachute team these days...well lets call it roughly & 3500.00~5000.00 if THEY the show, supply the aircraft.
From that you need to pay the insurance, pay for the expendable inventory like smoke & pyro, get the people and equipment to the site and of course pay the talent.
..also take into consideration the extra outside expense it takes on the organizational end away from the venue, not to mention the initial cost of procuring the demo gear in the first place.

And make no mistake, you had better have some air show specific toys to play with. The days of opening a canopy wearing a smoke and/or a small commercial flag and calling it a demo are long gone...a decent 20X40 flag will cost you in the neighborhood of 2500.00. Smoke is 30.00-40.00 a unit, and the anemic paragear stuff should be left for practice only.
...250.00 a show for smoke is an average estimate.

Don't wanna jump smoke because it's dangerous, burns holes and stains your gear?
Then don't do large venue professional demo jumps!;)

...and just out of curiosity, I wonder what the 'going rate' is that the USPA states it will pay the 'experienced' demo jumpers they plan on using. The general rule of thumb in my experience is 100.00 per jump for a local 'pick-up' jumper that doesn't have to travel any real distance. Some shows require one jump per day, others two or even three if there is a night show.

Just to give the USPA team a little heads up, most air shows are a 3 day affair, Friday is press day and yes to will need to have an impressive though abbreviated act. Local media will be there for footage to it's an A game jump, you will need at least 5 people for a contracted 4 man show.
Ground guy organizes recovery and is bench if someone gets hurt or sick...ya contract for 4 ya gotta give 4. Need extra rigs and riggers, shit happens and even when it doesn't sometimes there is not time to pack if there's a 2nd show performance.

If you want to really make a run at this as a PRO team, you will need LOTS of extra gear and people, when you get offered a couple different venues on the same weekend...double booked, you gotta send the same act to both places. Not easy with a 'pick-up' team of performers and only one of everything.

Anybody starting to see what I'm getting at concerning the math?

~I'm really hoping Mr. Hayhurst or whoever is finally in charge, has a handle on what they're looking at, and how to do 'everything' it takes...and I'm being totally sincere.

I'm all but praying there is more to this already, than is being discussed publicly...there almost HAS to be because doing what they say they are doing, the way they state they'll do it, and within the dictated timetable is ludicrous. Surely there is more that we don't know.

Apparently the powers that be have such a low opinion of the demo jumping professional that they believe it not only possible but prudent to run a quick camp and deem the inexperienced ready.

Coming to a DZ near you, a weekend camp that will get you up to speed so you can compete in international skydiving...makes about as much sense.

Mr T

Stop confusing the issue with the facts.;)

STOP RESISTING, STOP RESISTING, or you will be tased.;)

Remind me of the Rec. skydiving days when we found out the GMDZ membership was less than a cup of starbucks/day.:S

All that time and effort to develope a "brand" and USPA gave it away for chump change.

Anyone know what the USPA GMDZ annual fee is these days.;)

Since some demo folks and jumpers could care less about 11/11/11 because they don't get a paid holiday why should the other fun jumpers care about the demo teams.:P

R.

One Jump Wonder

It is easier to take existing customers, who already know skydiving, from demo jumpers than USPA working a marketing plan and approaching corporate sponsors and selling them on the idea. Just my 2 cents.

I guess I don't understand Jim, WHAT customers??

The 'demo' team is going to approach corporate sponsors requesting funds for the Comp team?

Oh yeah I know, they are supposed to be the same thing people wise...except for the- 'also utilizing non US Team pro jumpers as well' -part.

So as explained in the memo, it IS in the plan, they will HIRE experienced PRO jumpers to make demos to approach sponsors to get funding to make more demos to get more money to give to the US comp Team.

Is there a corporate marketing exec that will sponsor a group of guys, so they can make a lotta demos and give the demo money to another group of guys so they can go across the pond and compete? Is THAT the plan??

Or is the plan to get sponsorship FOR the comp team as well as / instead of the demo team?

IS there a plan??

Tell ya what's gonna happen, they have an honorable goal that is probably going to get lost in the chaos of trying to enter an arena 'not prepared' for.

Any corporation with discretionary sponsorship funds wants a proposal clearly illustrating the what when where & how they will get value for their money...this incorporated champion demo team (IMO) doesn't even have a business plan, or a team, or an act...It's going to take 'a couple of few years' hard work makin' their bones to be able to put hard numbers together to even MAKE that proposal.

Then again THEY ALREADY HAVE A '$ponsor' ~ it's the general membership OF the USPA organization...it's we who will be floating the team during ALL the time it takes to find someone 'else' to help with the burdon.

10 G's doesn't go very far starting up a demo team at that level, performer profits are at a minimum these days, shows pay less that 1/2 what they did 20 years ago, it is what it is.

But that shouldn't concern the 'champion' demo team, it's not a far walk back to the well for a little $omething-$omething to tide them over until things turn around.

...I got quite a laugh out of the comment in that memo 'clarifying' the program, which says in effect the demo team is NOT being created to advance positive recognition for the sport...but that may be a goal to consider in the future.

Bet ya the whole crop, barn & mule that 'advancing positive recognition for the sport' becomes a real important goal when the true economics of this professional demo team becomes apparent.

Changing goals will be quite important when the demo team needs to draw further funding...maybe say from the 'Public Relations' budget, heck the PR firm contracted with now can't seem to achieve any significant popular public placement...the demo team can easily use the money to not get anything done too! :ph34r:

Like I keep saying...there HAS to be more to this than the USPA is letting on.

This 'plan' on it's face makes no sense to me, there must be something structured in that either they're not mentioning or I'm not seeing.
...it's frustrating because I've BEEN to the rodeo, a LOT...I know damn well just wearin' a hat don't make ya a bull rider. MOST people know that.

It's damn frustrating when those 'in charge' who should know better, simply turn a blind eye quoting 'free market' when they take money from the members of an organization, to start a business to compete WITH the members OF that very same organization. :S

WTF business school teaches THAT definition of 'free market'?!

If there IS one...I gotta wonder how they define ETHICS? :|

With the interest of having open & fair competition in the 'free market', ANY and ALL demo teams should by demonstrated precedent, be able to borrow similar funds with similar interest rates , comparable repayment schedules and with no security, from the USPA general membership fund.

Especially if and when the stated team 'goal' changes...'cause that's what the other teams have been doing all along on their own dime.

Who knew... the board CAN and WILL make loans for that kinda stuff! B|

Talked to hayhurst tonight about this program. He flat out stated his goal was to get major sponsorship, which is a goal I can support, but he was excited at how the USPA would recommend them over local demo teams... And this has already happened once with a major 9-11 demo.

When I asked him if a membership organization should support a team that competes against it's own members.... He said yes. He tried to excuse that action by saying that the golden knights already do this. And that he woul hope that when someone calls the USPA that the USPA would recommend his team over others.

I asked him if he did not see the USPA supporting one team over other USPA members who have a USPA pro rating as an example of my fear that his demo team would be taking jobs from other USPA members.... He became aggressive enough that I had to ask him to calm down. when he didn't, I asked him to calm down again and that if he didn't we should just end this discussion.... At that point he said that I was just afraid and only looking at the worst possible case. When I pointed out that my scenario had ALREADY happened and that he had STATED that he would hope to have it happen again.... I explained that my fears had ALREADY happened. He became aggressive again and again I asked him to calm down and if he didn't, then we should just stop the discussion. He didn't calm down and he said we should just stop and then he stormed off.

My opinion... He is trying to create a demo team filled only with the people he approves of and that will not only compete against any demo jumper, but that his team will be the only one to carry the official approval of the USPA... He was unapologetic about this and aggressive in his position.

What is next, an "official" USPA funded comp team made up of only the team leaders select few?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Do the people trying to get this thing going have the need for adulation .. long after their high school athletic days are long gone???

One of my bosses at one company I worked for is a little guy ( 5'10" 170 pound running back:D) who played football for the U of Alabama and had visions of a pro carreer. He got his management job based on his past exploits from others who were impressed by their own grand deeds in high school.

Livin the dream

Talked to hayhurst tonight about this program. He flat out stated his goal was to get major sponsorship, which is a goal I can support, but he was excited at how the USPA would recommend them over local demo teams... And this has already happened once with a major 9-11 demo.

When I asked him if a membership organization should support a team that competes against it's own members.... He said yes. He tried to excuse that action by saying that the golden knights already do this. And that he would hope that when someone calls the USPA that the USPA would recommend his team over others.

I asked him if he did not see the USPA supporting one team over other USPA members who have a USPA pro rating as an example of my fear that his demo team would be taking jobs from other USPA members.... He became aggressive enough that I had to ask him to calm down. when he didn't, I asked him to calm down again and that if he didn't we should just end this discussion.... At that point he said that I was just afraid and only looking at the worst possible case. When I pointed out that my scenario had ALREADY happened and that he had STATED that he would hope to have it happen again.... I explained that my fears had ALREADY happened. He became aggressive again and again I asked him to calm down and if he didn't, then we should just stop the discussion. He didn't calm down and he said we should just stop and then he stormed off.

My opinion... He is trying to create a demo team filled only with the people he approves of and that will not only compete against any demo jumper, but that his team will be the only one to carry the official approval of the USPA... He was unapologetic about this and aggressive in his position.

What is next, an "official" USPA funded comp team made up of only the team leaders select few?

So as I'd heard from the mill, it's actually 'HIS" team...?! :S

Someone that's a whole lot closer to this than you or I told me
in essence much the same thing...also recalling some fairly recent less than spectacular demos.

Apparently 'free market' in demo jumping means if you can't reach success on your own, actually work for it in the trenches... get on USPA's BOD and have the MEMBERSHIP fund your little grasp at being a hero. :|

Gotta wonder how cavalier the attitude would be if it wasn't OUR money funding HIS team...and it truly were a level playing field. One in which a track record of PROVEN sucess matters, not just being in a position of authority.

Obviously from Mr. Hayhurst's remarks he and the USPA are planning on taking every advantage their positions offer to negatively financially impact EVERY demonstration team that they are 'supposed' to help.

Look up 'Good Ole Boy Network' in the dictionary...THIS is the definition!

This is the kind of bullshit that makes me think term limits for serving on the BOD to two terms max of 3 yrs. then your out on your ass and not allowed to run for 10 yrs if allowed to serve again, is questionable.

There is no way in hell USPA should be funding this fucktards demo team!

WHY the fuck are WE members not allowed to vote on this!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo