jumpinDan

U206 rollup door

I will second that, real cool.

Looks like a fair amount of lost headroom when opened. The camera guys are going to whack their still cameras a few times before getting the hang of it.

Do you have a floater bar on top of your 206 for floaters to hold on to?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

That is a 205? Not a cargo model 206 with the more rearward door. Am I missing something here?

WIN Aviation is advertising a Cessna 205 with a slide-up, in-flight door by the co-pilot's seat.
The disadvantage is that you lose some headroom (when kneeling) near the door.

That is rare, because most Cessnas - with in-flight, co-pilot's doors - are aluminum.
Most Cessna in-flight doors are modified from the standard aluminum door, by adding a hinge across the top edge and trimming the lower, front corner until it clears the wing strut.

WIN Aviation; a.k.a. Fayard Enterprises.

Paul was the first and only person that I've know to install this type of door in place of the swing up co-pilot door. His 300 HP 182 was the first I believe.
With the roll up door I don't believe that there is any airspeed limitation to opening the door, like with the swing up.
The downside that I've heard of is that if you're a tall pilot the door will grease the top of your head.

I know a 206P pilot that had a huge bruise on the right side of his head from an overaggressive jumper slamming a roll up door open in a 206 wit htihs type of door installed and right into the side of his head. :$

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

N2184F, the plane in this picture, is a 1965 U206 that we use primarily for high profile tandem demonstration jumping of wounded soldiers. (Team X-treme, Ranger Group, SFA) This wasn't done on a STC, but a 337. That was important to us because we also use this bird for film production and many of the STC's limit door off operations strictly to skydiving. The early model U206 is unique in that it was approved in its original design to fly with the doors off and doesn't need any paperwork from the FAA to fly that way. You are required by the POH to have the spoiler installed whenever door off operations are performed. Anyone that has flown a 206 or 208 without the spoiler knows how much buffet you get and how much it can tear up your interior and blast jumpers. I lost 1.5 inches of head room and I can still get all six seats in for cross country flight. My door open speed limitation is 150mph limited by the POH and not the 337. The pilot can very easily shut it with one hand after jumpers are gone and there are no limitations added to my door closed operations. I didn't get the floater bar, even though I want one, because I couldn't afford it right now. Anyone who wants specific details, feel free to email me directly at [email protected].