airtwardo

U.S. Parachute Team ~ Any Funding Idea$ ?

I like it Spot, would provide continuous return on a minimal investment.

It would also be an interesting & useful historical library over time, that might be worth something too.

Douglas you have real world experience in this kind of stuff...any thoughts regarding direction / strategy to generate some kind of mainstream interest & value which might attract non-Skydiving corporate America to associate themselves with the team?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

It would also be an interesting & useful historical library over time, that might be worth something too.

Douglas you have real world experience in this kind of stuff...any thoughts regarding direction / strategy to generate some kind of mainstream interest & value which might attract non-Skydiving corporate America to associate themselves with the team?

You've asked me this on the phone and in person, and my response is the same today. I do have several ideas. It's a sales job, however. I'm convinced that no one at USPA possesses the skills necessary to perform that aspect of the job. I believe a couple of BOD members do.

Good discussions. I d hope this request for ideas to find a reliable and continuous funding source for the US Team continues. Not the whole funding source, but some way, or ways to supplement the contributions now received.

Please keep suggesting more funding ideas.

Maybe there is a combintion of ideas out there that will help our US Team compete with the teams sponsored by their governments.

You've asked me this on the phone and in person, and my response is the same today. I do have several ideas. It's a sales job, however. I'm convinced that no one at USPA possesses the skills necessary to perform that aspect of the job. I believe a couple of BOD members do.

Yeah I know~ ;)

...but you relate your ideas with such eloquence and knowledgeable authority, I was hoping a little nudge might spark some continuation of our seemingly on-going discussions. :):)

...and yes, I do STILL think MY idea regarding Hookers in the right-seat, is a viable one! :$:ph34r:

55 posts on, and I'm really surprised nobody's suggested a bake sale or a car wash staffed by "18 year old" girls in cutoff jeans and tube tops.

I bet if they were just wearin' tube SOCKS that would work even better~:$

An online raffle. Almost every boogie I've been to has had a raffle with prizes donated by gear manufacturers, etc...

If someone can organize a boogie and get stuff donated for a raffle why can't the USPA do it?

The only difference is it would need to be done online so the membership could participate regardless of their location.

If 20,000 of the membership spent 10 or 20 bucks on raffle tickets you're looking at 200,000 to 400,000 bucks raised. I would spend 20 bucks for a chance to win a new container, chute, aad, etc... Heck I've spent 20 bucks for a chance to win 40% off on a new Mirage container before.

And make the winners pay all shipping costs for their prizes as well.

Also have an article in Parachutist telling the readers about the raffle, the why behind it, list of prizes, and who donated what.

You can buy lottery tickets online maybe it's time to have a raffle online.

An online raffle. Almost every boogie I've been to has had a raffle with prizes donated by gear manufacturers, etc...

If someone can organize a boogie and get stuff donated for a raffle why can't the USPA do it?

The only difference is it would need to be done online so the membership could participate regardless of their location.

If 20,000 of the membership spent 10 or 20 bucks on raffle tickets you're looking at 200,000 to 400,000 bucks raised. I would spend 20 bucks for a chance to win a new container, chute, aad, etc... Heck I've spent 20 bucks for a chance to win 40% off on a new Mirage container before.

And make the winners pay all shipping costs for their prizes as well.

Also have an article in Parachutist telling the readers about the raffle, the why behind it, list of prizes, and who donated what.

You can buy lottery tickets online maybe it's time to have a raffle online.

This is certainly a valid idea; numbers would be more like 1000, maybe 2000 people participating (based on USPA voting statistics). [:/]
It also may be illegal in most states because it is in fact, a lottery/purchase of chance.