ciscobiz

Low Pull: 480m - Student

480m = 1,574 feet.

In the US, all students and A license holders must have their container open by 3,000 feet. B holders by 2,500 and C/D holders by 2,000.

I'm not sure of any other countries, I'm just posting it because reading this thread got me curious and made me look it up.

We have a 2500 ft limit for square mains, for everyone. Although students are of course supposed to pull higher, the mandatory opening altitude after that doesn't change with your license.

Who's "we"? I looked these numbers up in the SIM... though they may be BSRs. Frankly, it's something I'd like to know w/o derailing.

[searches]
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Posting from the Netherlands and (I assume) posting local regulations.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Who's "we"? I looked these numbers up in the SIM... though they may be BSRs. Frankly, it's something I'd like to know w/o derailing.

Probably the governing body of the Netherlands. They do not follow USPA SIM or BSR's.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I lost alti-awareness in a heavy spin on my 7th AFF jump, fortunately a bit higher up than you. My instructor was at my side instantly, but realised my hand had beaten his to my rip-cord (on a spring-loaded pilot rig). In an instant I was shoved accross the sky so that he was nowhere near me at deployment.

On de-briefing, it turns out I went into the spin 'cause I had my alti right-up in front of my face like i was blind, instead of keeping my box and just turning my head to the side. At terminal, that was more than enough to induce the spin.

Glad you're okay.

That thread was an enlightening read. Thank you.

It could happen again and next time I'm unlikely to have an instructor with me. I have to say I don't remember seeing the ground at all and the instructor in the debrief told me to forget about what we had to do on the jump or whether I fail or not and have to repeat - it's not important.

On my next jumps I will focus heavily on it.

I'll probably buy one anyway now that I've been there and done that under the circumstances that I have, but it will make me focus much more on what I am supposed to be REALLY thinking about than just passing a level where I do a couple of rolls or turns.

I understand what those guys are saying in that thread.

Cheers NWFLYER