Amyr

9th jump but my first real skydive

I have had 9 jumps 2 tandem 7 AFF jumps repeated category C 4 times my family thinks I should post the story I told them about my jump to help let the old timers remember what it was like reading it back it may sound dorky or nerdy but I hope to have other stories to follow just as good BUT here is the low down on my last jump OK Left plane unstable actually hollared for the first time something like AGGG. Got stable not sure if on my own or with help from the ONE instructor not TWO instructors BUT ONE did my 3 practice pulls with one instructor beside me. Did 2 sets of toe taps MISSED my feet on 2nd but got it on the third. Then I looked right and dipped my shoulder and turned in the air AND FLYING NOT TOUCHING ME OUT IN THE WIND WAS A SKY DIVER!!!!!! Holly crap I was flying out there stable with no help and I know the instructors have always been out there but IT was like the coolest thing I ever saw a real live sky diver it felt like looking in a mirror except of course he was a guy with a beard but it was like I finally sky dived I did not just have AIR BODY guards holding me in the air I then turned did a 180 left was supposed to be a 90 but was not sure if going back to heading counted as 90 but again after grinning like hell for the first time I could see and I was happy and I was bad ass. I know does not sound like much but this was REAL BAD ASS SHIT and it was 6000 feet time to lock on and pull and I pulled stable and chute I always worry here but perfect parachute it goes out did all my turns in canopy came in for my final got off heading for a bit but NAILED A STAND UP LANDING at least I think I stood it up cause the wind pulled me back on my ass after my feet touched down and I had trouble collapsing my canopy! WAs told I was supposed to PLF but passed to category D-2 SO not perfect but was HOLLY crap so cool fucking amazing watching that instructor flying out there like that and knowing I was doing the same shit as him although in my mind just as good but probably not it did not matter cause IT WAS UNREAL WOW COOL AMAZING WICKED BAD ASS also pretty nifty!!!

It's pretty cool to see someone else in freefall isn't it?

The enthusiasm of the beginners is really cool.

Not "dorky" or "nerdy", but kinda hard to read.
Paragraphs help.

Congrats on the jump!!! :)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Great to here such excitement after an early struggle. I am still in the early struggle phase and look for the day when I can see that guy/gal floating out in front of me.

Dan
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”