Bodhisattva420

Pulling low . . .

See that's the 'problem'...your title 'pulling low' in the general SKYDIVING forum confused folks.

When you get the urge to 'pull low' and ya wanna brag about givin' some midget a hand-job, take it to the appropriate audience in the right room...:)
Cum jokes go in the Bonfire forum, 'drunken' cum jokes going in the swooping forum.

EVERYBODY know that...'cept it seems, for you & imfromwales! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

See that's the 'problem'...your title 'pulling low' in the general SKYDIVING forum confused folks.

When you get the urge to 'pull low' and ya wanna brag about givin' some midget a hand-job, take it to the appropriate audience in the right room...:)
Cum jokes go in the Bonfire forum, 'drunken' cum jokes going in the swooping forum.

EVERYBODY know that...'cept it seems, for you & imfromwales! :D

;):ph34r:

and i tell you one thing; pulling low repeatedly is a sure-fire way of killing yourself. everyone with just a TAD of intellect can figure that one out himself.

Well, I guess you thought of all the possible factors including defining low. Useless drivel.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

and i tell you one thing; pulling low repeatedly is a sure-fire way of killing yourself. everyone with just a TAD of intellect can figure that one out himself.

Well, I guess you thought of all the possible factors including defining low. Useless drivel.

he says "with just enough time to turn to final"; unless you're one of those without intellect, that IS low.

useless drivel!? now YOU just redefined that term with your post.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

>pulling low repeatedly is a sure-fire way of killing yourself.

So is jumping a highly loaded canopy at low jump numbers. Anyone with even a tad of intellect can figure that out - provided their ego doesn't get in the way.

But...but...but...I have Mad Skillz! I speak 3 languages!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So is jumping a highly loaded canopy at low jump numbers. Anyone with even a tad of intellect can figure that out - provided their ego doesn't get in the way.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

refer to this post

i've expected more from you, mr. whitlock.

but it's ok, 99.99% of people are disappointing these days.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i've expected more from you, mr. whitlock.

You don't know me at all, obviously.
:D:D
I refer you to my sig line.

but it's ok, 99.99% of people are disappointing these days.. :|

Sounds like a problem only you can solve. Work on it and life will become much happier, I assure you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well, you topped mine. Got out of a J-3 Cub at 900, all the pilot could get, and took a delay. Had to flare with rears, no time to get toggles out. Wouldn't try that with todays canopies. Kicked off dz for two weeks. And no, I am not advocating doing this now. Just came back to the sport this year, and things have really changed. What we used to think of as normal opening altitude, 2000-2500, is cause for panic now. Taking some getting used to.

I've noticed the same thing, and I wonder if I might get kicked off the DZ for a couple of weeks for opening at a nice, safe, 3500'...
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Before this thread ends I have to say from experience.

There's no rush like ground rush !

;)

Agreed but you have to have time to enjoy it, and be lucky enough to survive it.

Sitting in the saddle at 150' from terminal velocity was a outstanding experience that I'll never forget. There's a very fine line between ground rush and going in.

The USA will likely never regulate canopy size like other countries have done, but with all the recent AAD fires, I wouldn't be surprised if we see changes in recommended opening altitudes.

Hi Mr Spot

Are AAD's required now?

A AAD fire sounds like a expensive screw up, why punish everyone for for a couple of screw ups their already getting hit in the pocket, and lost downtime while waiting for a repack.

Amost back in the day at some DZ's a low opening would result in punisment for the offender (grounding for various durations or banning from the DZ) rather than punish the whole DZ or the sport.

I'm not proud of my "low" opening it was a chain of event that were all my fault.:$ But if your going to be stupid you better be on your A game or lucky or both. Sometimes thats not even good enough to save your butt.

R
opening

I can't see the USPA ever requiring AAD's. Aside from the unreasonable cost demand, they would also incur legal issues were another fatality occur proven to have been caused by the AAD.

Raising deployment altitude recommendations is one possibility, as it'll help keep folks farther away from AAD altitudes. I kinda like the idea, as it sounds really odd when someone says "I was open by 2K" but then they go on about their thousand-foot sniveller.

I can't see the USPA ever requiring AAD's. Aside from the unreasonable cost demand, they would also incur legal issues were another fatality occur proven to have been caused by the AAD.

There is already a BSR that requires AAD for all students until they have obtained a USPA A license.

Yes, I understand that we are discussing low pulls and licensed skydivers. My point is that if USPA has BSR to require students to use AAD they are already exposed to those law suits you mention. Do you think that licensed skydivers or their families would be more willing to sue USPA for requiring AAD than students? If you can reason that AADs make skydiving so much 'safer' for students that it requires BSR, why wouldn't that argument hold for licensed skydivers?

Don't get me wrong I think everybody should be allowed to make their choice so I hope that USPA doesn't come up with rules requiring AAD. I'm just doing my part to derail good discussion about the low-pulls B|

But let's get back to topic of low-pulls by licensed skydives :P

Right, a BSR for students, which means they don't have their license, and are jumping under the supervision of a USPA Instructor, so USPA is somewhat on the line.
Licensed skydivers are self-supervised, which is essentially why this discussion came up; self-supervision didn't work.
I agree; everyone should be able to make their own choices, but it hasn't been working for a few people. Usually it's a few that cause a need for change.

Do you feel there hasn't been an increase in the number of AAD-assisted deployments in the past couple of years?
One reason (I believe), is that we're jumping canopies that take longer to open than the canopies that were opening back when the 2K floor was set.

Do I feel there is a "problem?" Not necessarily. Changing the floor isn't going to make skydivers any more or less aware of their altitude.

One reason (I believe), is that we're jumping canopies that take longer to open than the canopies that were opening back when the 2K floor was set.

Just something to think about: Expert Cypres activates when speed is over 78mph at 750ft. If you opened at minimum opening altitude of 2000ft, or even bit lower, and are still going over 78mph more than 5-6 seconds later, something is very wrong and AAD is probably firing for a reason ;)

Thank god I don't jump canopy like that. :)