Bodhisattva420

Pulling low . . .

Low gets re-defined if you ever exit under 2k.

Twardo would be one of the guys that's been there, done that.

I've done it a time or two, but I was hooked up to the plane.

Getting out at or below 2K is a different animal than going through there at terminal. ;)

An ole buddy & I did some accuracy at a small DZ this summer, we'd exit at about 2 and pull...the aircraft continued on up.

The n00bs were a bit wary...even when I showed 'em I'm open 150' below the plane. :ph34r:

1650' on a rope and rings Strato Star for a demo into a major airshow.

Jump mastered an entire Otter load...23 jumpers...on a bail-out.
First ones out at 1700, last ones out at 1900.

21 mains, two reserve rides.

First jump - 2600 static line.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well, you topped mine. Got out of a J-3 Cub at 900, all the pilot could get, and took a delay. Had to flare with rears, no time to get toggles out. Wouldn't try that with todays canopies. Kicked off dz for two weeks. And no, I am not advocating doing this now. Just came back to the sport this year, and things have really changed. What we used to think of as normal opening altitude, 2000-2500, is cause for panic now. Taking some getting used to.

5,000' is not "low". You have to be under 2,000' to be low. That's the official definition.

(In his Crocodile Dundee accent)
LOW?! That isn't low. I'll show you low.

I've got stories too but seein' as the first liar doesn't stand a chance of not being outdone I won't bother.

jon

Sorry VB. Wasn't really directed at you, but you were involved in the pissing match earlier in this thread, so I thought I'd offer some help.

it's quite amusing and shows the character of the sender fairly well

Over the top rhetoric is free and often times used and abused by the same people who have to resort to excessive profanity to try to make their point.

FUCK YEAH!

I'll just leave this here..

...scary, [:/]

http://youtu.be/xRe30sH6-2o

THIS ONE IS LOWER :|

jeb-fanboy at an attempt at landing the wingsuit!? almost did; probably a worn-out BOC was to blame! :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Pulled low for the first time this past weekend.

Deploying into your final is one way to get your S&TA's attention.

"Almost bact in the day" I guess the S&TA was called the "CSO: He autographed my log book with the following statement after i just made the remark (LOW OPENING) in my log book for the jump.

"Verified CSO 1969 Lets see you beat this 150 ft"
Someone changed the delay sec from 30 sec to 44 sec exit altitude 7200' :$:(:S:o[:/]

My friend signed it off as "R H Low pull Massey LP-2".
Jump # 159 on 30 Jan 71 in KS, first jump of the day. Had to repack outside in the sun for the next jump.:)
Now that I've taken the effort to look up the date Later with New years day on Jan 1, Jan 30 is my new years & B day.:)
Sorry no pics just a old fart paper log book.;)

R.
One Jump Wonder

When I was a pup jumper at XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX I met most intriging gentleman. He was great! Everybody wanted on his loads, even me but I wasn't allowed with just an A license. He chunked a 19 way RW jump, Jesus, it took them forever to GTFO the Otter. I was last out. Needless to say the PIC still had the green light on and wasn't responding to my L/R, etc...Well I never made it back to the DZ. I picked my out and took it, save for the mud, it wasn't half bad. Anyways, this RW organizer was Krazy, I don't mean Krazy, a funny type of Krazy, everyone liked him. In all of the loads I've seen him organize, he pulled at 1K quite often. No one else, (Thank God) ever challenged him. He flew a BatWing, great canopy! Another really der friend of mine, Shane Richertz & I went out on a 2 way head down jump, it was great!! I pulled at roughly 2200 AGL, and was in the saddle by 1500 AGL. That little SOAB fell right past me, I honestly thought he was going to bounce, but that Sabre1, 135^2 saved his ass, maybe a 3 second canopy ride. Shane is gone now, (Went in on double fronts at about 100-200 AGL, I was supposed to be there that day, and I'm glad I wasn't) I miss him, and the other gentleman, and his wife as well. Oh, for the good times!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

When I was a pup jumper at XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX I met most intriging gentleman. He was great! Everybody wanted on his loads, even me but I wasn't allowed with just an A license. He chunked a 19 way RW jump, Jesus, it took them forever to GTFO the Otter. I was last out. Needless to say the PIC still had the green light on and wasn't responding to my L/R, etc...Well I never made it back to the DZ. I picked my out and took it, save for the mud, it wasn't half bad. Anyways, this RW organizer was Krazy, I don't mean Krazy, a funny type of Krazy, everyone liked him. In all of the loads I've seen him organize, he pulled at 1K quite often. No one else, (Thank God) ever challenged him. He flew a BatWing, great canopy! Another really der friend of mine, Shane Richertz & I went out on a 2 way head down jump, it was great!! I pulled at roughly 2200 AGL, and was in the saddle by 1500 AGL. That little SOAB fell right past me, I honestly thought he was going to bounce, but that Sabre1, 135^2 saved his ass, maybe a 3 second canopy ride. Shane is gone now, (Went in on double fronts at about 100-200 AGL, I was supposed to be there that day, and I'm glad I wasn't) I miss him, and the other gentleman, and his wife as well. Oh, for the good times!

he sounds like Ruckett
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi squeak

Did you know Ruckett before he relocated down under.? Has he slowed down a little after he moved to aussie land?

Dave's a all around outstanding dude: jumper, organizer , party animal, funny guy etc. Just not the person I would choose to be a mentor.

Dave might have started off with nine lives but he's used up a couple that I know of. Due to a couple of mid airs he expeienced due to off heading openings. If dave's sucking it down it might be to get some clear air for opening.[:/] I know thats whats tracking for, but that's just dave.

Getting out last after a big way is a sucker bet. Pull high or walk forever. At a lot of DZ's, and boogies a go around is a urban legend for a long spot. It's not "efficent".

R